• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Yo, we back tho. The Forest Master is calling for support once again! Let's... FREAKING.... GO! We need to reach out to Pokemon YouTubers like PKSparkxx about Sceptile's potential for Smash Bros. I know we can start up a hype train with him.

This is our best chance, we need some publicity for Sceptile. With all this hype about Banjo and Snake people are forgetting.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
This is our best chance, we need some publicity for Sceptile. With all this hype about Banjo and Snake people are forgetting.
I just heard about the real possibility of Banjo for Smash 4 courtesy of Phil Spencer (aka the only guy at Xbox I like)... Looking pretty grim for our Forest Master.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
It seems more like lip service than anything. I kind of doubt Nintendo would allow a direct competitor's character into Smash.

You do have a point about Sceptile getting overlooked, though. It seems like people have too many higher priorities right now. Maybe it'd help us if the developers didn't wait until the the ballot closed to start looking at results. If K. Rool and Isaac were announced some time in August, couldn't that leave a lot of people that need someone else to vote for?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Sceptile is still in my top 5, but sadly with the ballot being 1 vote my focus goes to Slime... I think that's a problem Sceptile is facing, alot of people who wanted Sceptile didn't have him as most wanted, just fairly high.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
On the other hand, most of the unofficial poll have Sceptile ranked higher than any other Pokémon character. So at the very least, in-series competition may not be as much of a problem as foreseen...

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Add me to the list of Sceptile supporters. Made a Top 5 video and he was on it [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPkVT_VR9mI&index=10&list=LLzpcPnOf4yJz_6NpF0IFzuA ] Although I wish I placed him higher... Anywho, I'd love to see Sceptile in simply because of how it'd balance the Starter Pokemon on the roster. No other starters really fit the billet. Plus, with ORAS, Gen 3 is certainly more relevent then the rest. Granted, if he got in, we'd have seven Pokemon, but Mario has 7 reps, so I think Pokemon would be fine.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Might as well put me as a supporter! One of my favourite starters, and Mega form kicks arse...I'm perfectly fine for Pokemon to get another rep and Sceptile is more than appropriate...completes the starter trifecta as well...

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
went to school today and made 15 votes with 15 different computers just because I want sceptile to be in

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
On the other hand, most of the unofficial poll have Sceptile ranked higher than any other Pokémon character. So at the very least, in-series competition may not be as much of a problem as foreseen...
I think Delzethin hit the nail on the head. As far as general popularity I think Sceptile has a 0% chance of getting in but we don't know how many new fighters are going to be added or how they're going to be chosen. They could have a slot for the most popular third party character, a slot for the most popular Nintendo character whose IP is not already represented, a slot for the most popular new Mario franchise character, you get the picture. If there's a slot for the most popular pokémon, I think we've got an extremely high chance of getting Sceptile in. Keep voting to stay ahead of the Blazikens of the world (we don't need two fire pokémon). Sceptile's my most wanted character and I've been doing my part by voting for him religiously. Now keep voting. Posting in this thread helps too as it bumps it back up to the top of the characters forum and in turn raises awareness.

carlos11

Smash Cadet
Long live Sceptile. There are not enough Pokemon in this game. Sceptile. Make it happen, Samurai.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I to try and vote for Sceptile whenever I can remember to as I don't see many people hoping for him anymore.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Oh nice, keep it up! I don't think I've ever voted more than 10 times in a day. You put me to shame.
Copy and paste your reason why you want him in, then just keep pressing the back button to go to the screen. Took me like 2m.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
That hardly seems ethical...then again, considering they didn't do anything to prevent people from doing that, it probably isn't a matter of total votes, anyway. Why someone wants a character in is likely more important than whether they "win" or not.

What was in your description, by the way?

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
There is already a water starter and a fire starter, it seems a bit unfair that there is no grass representative. Grass starters may be the least popular of the three, but there are still a lot of people such as myself who prefer them. Sceptile could have a very unique move set, as he functions somewhat like a dual wielding swordsman and there is not a character like that in Smash currently.

And yeah it's a bit cheap, I don't do it all the time. Last night was the first time I had done it in a few months.

Last edited:

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
Copy and paste your reason why you want him in, then just keep pressing the back button to go to the screen. Took me like 2m.
So simple yet I've never thought to do that. Probably a better idea than using nonsense reasons like, "Sceptile is my son's godfather."

Why someone wants a character in is likely more important than whether they "win" or not.
With the thousands (millions?) of votes being submitted, it seems like it would be completely unreasonable to take every single explanation into account. But who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Sceptile could have a very unique move set, as he functions somewhat like a dual wielding swordsman and there is not a character like that in Smash currently.
That's an excellent point and I'd never thought of it before.

Last edited:

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Signed, If either Ivysaur or sceptile gets in I will switch my main.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz

So I found this on reddit, might be fake but it's a supposed DLC leak. Everyone says the icons in the top left look like K. Rool and Wolf, but no one can tell what the one in the middle is. To me it looks like it may be Scepile but I'm probably just being optimistic. What do you guys think? The stage in the bottom left looks to be the Pokemon Stage from N64, maybe they are a bundle?

Source-https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3eom3b/fake/

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Is this supposed to be from the same place as these things?

I think people were saying it's Young Link...

I only became aware of them today, and we're talking (fake) leaks so ya know...

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Is this supposed to be from the same place as these things?

I think people were saying it's Young Link...

I only became aware of them today, and we're talking (fake) leaks so ya know...
It seems some people think the first is K. Rool some think it's Young Link? The middle one doesn't have a crown so it can't be K-Rool, doesn't have a human face so idk how it could be Young Link. I really don't know, it looks like a green dinosaur to me, and Sceptile is basically a green dinosaur so I figured I'd post it here. It's probably a fake anyways.

And no, someone on reddit said those pictures were proved as fake, this one is different. There is a comment about it in the reddit thread I linked.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If its blurry, at a weird angle, and the Young Link stock icon looks like its from Hyrule Warriors, then its fake. Besides, Sceptile isn't even in the picture.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I want to say those three icons are supposed to be Young Link, K. Rool, and Wolf. But considering the Young Link one looks like a rip from Hyrule Warriors and I'm almost 100% sure the Wolf one is from his trophy, this one's probably fake.

Besides, wouldn't we want Sceptile to come with a new stage, anyway?

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I want to say those three icons are supposed to be Young Link, K. Rool, and Wolf. But considering the Young Link one looks like a rip from Hyrule Warriors and I'm almost 100% sure the Wolf one is from his trophy, this one's probably fake.

Besides, wouldn't we want Sceptile to come with a new stage, anyway?
The one in the middle doesn't look anything like K-Rool though, no crown, no alligator mouth, no teeth. It looks more like Sceptile than it does K-Rool. I agree that it's probably fake though, I just figured I'd post it since this thread was kinda dead before hand and the one in the middle kinda sorta maybe looks like Sceptile.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@DukeNapoleon I humbly apologize for being late & not responding early to your previous message for that write-up about Sceptile.

In this current case with the supposed leak, I simply don't believe it despite that the character's head sprite resembles Sceptile or Grovyle more than King K Rool to me.. but for a refreshment on this thread, I finally got around to voting for Sceptile on the Smash Ballot, & this is what I had typed up:

Why should this character become a figher?

-To help complete the Type Trio Trinity that Brawl created with Pokémon Trainer. Sceptile would be Ivysaur's spiritual successor in Smash 4, possessing a unique & interesting play-style. He'd likely be a bipedal agile character capable of clinging & jumping off walls, using his claws & the leaf blades on his forearms, his palm tree tail, & the seeds on his back for item-play to deal damage to foes or heal his allies in Team Smash. Since he's a grass pokémon, he could also have a core mechanic that revolves around healing himself as he deals damage to others, or storing it for a strong attack.

EDIT: I would of typed so much more, but they had a character limit. . .:urg:

EDIT#2: So I edited the "Why should this character become a figher?" section with this:
To complete the Type Trio Trinity that Brawl created with Pokémon Trainer. Sceptile would be Ivysaur's spiritual successor in Smash 4 & to help better marketing sales for Pokémon games & merchandise. He could be a bipedal agile character capable of clinging & jumping off walls while using his claws, leaf blades on his arms, his palm tree tail, & the seeds on his back for item-play to deal damage to foes or heal allies in Team Smash in his move-set. Since he's a grass type, he could have a mechanic revolving around healing himself as he deals damage to others, or storing it for a strong attack.

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Hopefully Sakurai doesn't troll us with a Sceptile Mii costume.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I don't think Sceptile needs to worry about being a Mii costume.

If anyone is waiting with baited breath, it's Isaac fans, because he'd fit almost -too- well with a Mii Swordfighter outfit.

I just hope I can get one green, bipedal reptile in Smash.

Top Bottom