• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forbidden Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've long come to realize that whatever the heck "Prai_Mai" is, it's not Plusle and Minun. I used to think it was, and even after a while clung to the idea that it was, but I suppose that was just out of my strong bias with them. I've lost a bit of interest in them being playable since then.

Mewtwo is really the only one I can see making it in at this point, it has almost everything going in it's favor, especially by Pokemon's standards.

I used to think Toon Zelda (and Tetra as a transformation, though I'm not sure whether to interpret her planned transformation in Brawl as Tetra or a toon-styled Sheik) had a great shot at getting in, if Zelda was to get a newcomer at all. But, now we suddenly have the Phantom as a part of Zelda's moveset, and since controlling the Phantom was a major part of Spirit Tracks, I think that's the closest Toon Zelda will get to being playable this time, being represented through the Twilight Princess-styled Zelda via her most prominent ability in Spirit Tracks, although regardless of whether or not it really was Tetra that was planned for Brawl rather than "Toon Sheik", I still think Tetra has a chance, since she at least has more of an established character from the other half of her that is Zelda.

If DLC actually becomes a thing, I can see Dixie getting in too, and maybe, some of the cut Melee veterans as well.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is the one that has the most reasoning behind him to bring back. (being a fan favorite and having an original moveset)

Toon Zelda, we already got Toon Link, what would we need Toon Zelda for? Only to complete Toon Link's style, but the spot would better fitted for Ghirahim or Ganondorf.

Toon Sheik, refer to Toon Zelda.

Roy just needs his own moveset and he would be ok to put on board in my book, but he is most likely to be replaced by a new Fire Emblem representative. Roy would require a massive overhaul to be made viable in the game. Would it be worth it? Well, that is just a matter of opinion.

Pra_Mai, people seem to think that this is Plusle and Minun and though they sound like good characters or seem promising, I only see them acting in a similar way to Pikachu/Pichu. Not just that, but they have to fight against: Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, and Ivysaur for viable spots.

Dixie Kong, besides Mewtwo, Dixie Kong is one of the characters with the greatest chances of getting in the game, since she can be diverse from Diddy Kong and still represent the DK series in her own way. Her only problem is trying to ward off King K. Rool from taking the last DK rep spot.

Morbi

Scavenger
The only member of the forbidden seven that I would like to see is the one that was planned for every iteration of Smash. The character with all of the subtle allusions. The most prominent Nintendo character not yet on the roster. Other than that, I do not want to see any other member of the forbidden seven as playable characters. Assist trophies? Sure. Playable characters? No.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Dr. Mario is the character I miss the most from the cut veterans (and thus Forbidden Seven) so I'd like to see him back even though it won't happen.

Roy, Pichu and Mewtwo would be welcome additions as well. Having them back would be a bit of a victory, although Roy would seem a little redundant with the other two (and likely three) Fire Emblem swordsman in the game.

Dixie would be a fun character to add and one I'd welcome with open arms. Toon Zelda I'd rather not have around, Plusle & Minun (assuming it's them) are a definite no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom