• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forbidden Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
1.Toon Sheik should stay out, there are countless of existing Zelda characters yet to be included in smash bros. There's no need to make up alternate versions willy nilly this isn't Mario Kart.

2. Toon Zelda at least a pre-existing character but she seems pointless.

3. Dr. Mario needs to be a costume only.

4. Praimai if it's plulse and minun i'd rather they stay out if it's someone else then maybe. If they want more pokemon then keep Squirtle and Ivysaur at least they're from a different class.

5. Roy if he's fully decloned maybe if not he should stay out, there's about 4 other Fire Emblem characters I'd rather see and they all have the letter n in their name.

6.Dixie and Mewtwo seem the likeliest and most appropriate of the seven.
I love how you brought up MaRio Kart when talking about Toon Sheik XD. (I like your avatar as well).
Now for #5 . 4 other characters with the letter n.....Robin, Lucina, Lyn, and Owain????

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Mewtwo: Coming back in main roster.
Roy: "Cut Melee Fighters" DLC, with Pichu, Young Link, and Dr. Mario if he is not an alt.
Dr. Mario: Most likely an alternate costume for Mario.
Dixie: Possibly on the base roster, but most likely DLC.
Toon Zelda: No. She would be boring without Tetra, and there are no transformations. Normal trophy.
Toon Shiek (this means Tetra): It would be weird having Tetra without Toon Zelda, so maybe an assist trophy. Or maybe, just maybe as DLC.
Prai_Mai: "Proven" to not be playable Plusle & Minun, so I have no idea what this is.

D

Deleted member

Plusle and Minun: Could be cool if I cared about them. Except I don't.
Plusle and Minun tag-team (like Ice Climbers)
Plusle and Minun: I would much prefer a Pichu Bros. tag team.
Prai_Mai - Probably Plusle and Minun, which although an awesome idea if it was a tag team character concept, it sadly will almost definitely never happen.
Prai Mai is Plusle and Minun, from what I heard.

Plusle and Minun- I don't see much of a point to their inclusion. With little demand and questionable relevance, I don't see what would spur them to add these two.
And if Gen 3 wasn't relevant at all until earlier this year, with development starting only a few months prior, there's no way we'll get a rep from then, much less ones as disliked overall as Plusle and Minun.
Plusle and Minun

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Elite Four, Furious Five, Deadly Six, Forbidden Seven?

Hehe, what's next? Crazy Eight? Nefarious Nine? :troll:

But seriously, Mewtwo would be interesting to see again, but the rest are so transparently clonebait it's disgusting.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Elite Four, Furious Five, Deadly Six, Forbidden Seven?

Hehe, what's next? Crazy Eight? Nefarious Nine? :troll:

But seriously, Mewtwo would be interesting to see again, but the rest are so transparently clonebait it's disgusting.
Dixie says halloo. She wouldn't be a clone because she use her hair.

D

Deleted member

Just like Ganondorf wouldn't be a clone because he uses his sword. Wait...

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Just like Ganondorf wouldn't be a clone because he uses his sword. Wait...
LOL. You know, I find it soo stupid that he pulls out his sword for one of his taunts, then puts it back. I'm like "USE it for crying out loud". Hopefully he'll use his sword plus purple magic.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Chomping monster
Oh, I wouldn't be opposed to them joining at all. Would even make sense with Gen 3 remakes.

I just greatly prefer the Pichu Bros because I actually know them by name.
LOL. You know, I find it soo stupid that he pulls out his sword for one of his taunts, then puts it back. I'm like "USE it for crying out loud". Hopefully he'll use his sword plus purple magic.
Ganondorf's "Challenger Approaching!" screen in Melee was also stupid.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I
Oh, I wouldn't be opposed to them joining at all. Would even make sense with Gen 3 remakes.

I just greatly prefer the Pichu Bros because I actually know them by name.
forgot about that. You think he'll be decloned?

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I forgot about that. You think he'll be decloned?
I'm sort of split on what to think on that.
On one hand, Bowser got revamped even though he was unique, and I'm sure Sakurai has heard everybody wants Ganondorf to get a more loyal moveset by now.
On the other hand, its clear Sakurai doesn't mind clones, and you can never predict what that guy will do if he decided to give Ganondorf a moveset involving punches and kicks.

....I can picture it. SSB4 gets its own Forbidden 8. One of which is a sword wielding Ganon, cut by Sakurai's request so he can keep trolling the fans with Captain Ganon :troll:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
oh my god my sides
I forgot how terrible it was.

But this is the forbidden seven topic, not the why in the world is sakurai such a jerk to ganondorf topic. So we should probably stop the Ganondorf discussion now before it gets out of hand.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
oh my god my sides
I forgot how terrible it was.

But this is the forbidden seven topic, not the why in the world is sakurai such a jerk to ganondorf topic. So we should probably stop the Ganondorf discussion now before it gets out of hand.
Yeah, I agree. Sort of why I put the Forbidden 8 Ganon joke at the end of my last post.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I love how you brought up MaRio Kart when talking about Toon Sheik XD. (I like your avatar as well).
Now for #5 . 4 other characters with the letter n.....Robin, Lucina, Lyn, and Owain????
Thanks you got them all right except for Owain that spot is for Anna. :chuckle:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I will keep it simple.

Bros before hos. (in regard to Dixie; K.Rool first).
Mewtwo must strike back.
If we want another toon it is vaati. That's all, folks!

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I will keep it simple.

Mewtwo must strike back.
K. Rool is the ho didn't you see the way he drooled over Candy Kong? :troll:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I will keep it simple.

Mewtwo must strike back.
Hmmm I will keep it simple...

Sistas before Mistas ;)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
the name "Forbidden 7" is seriously a disgusting term of false hope but...

I like Mewtwo obviously
Roy as DLC would be fine
Dr. Mario alternate costume
Don't care about Dixie (really i'm giving DK more time)
toon zelda and sheik i don't really care for; tetra's a cool idea but I feel like another ganon instead
Prai_Mai meh, even if it was somehow plusle and minun (which i doubt) while i'd love the idea, everyone is too busy flaunting over every ridiculous 3rd gen idea

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Plusle and Minun is still a fan-freaking-tastic idea. It's better than any other Gen 3 Pokémon playable character idea I've seen.

No, the fire chicken is not a good idea. No, Sceptile is not a good idea. A tag team based on two different yet the same characters that work in accordance to one another is a good idea.
Chillax, geezus.
Being angry is Golden's gimmick.

An overplayed and overrated John Cena-esk gimmick that is a decade outdated and overused, but a gimmick nonetheless.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Plusle and Minun" and "good idea" in the same sentence is only valid if there's an "are not a" in-between.

Though since Plusle and Minun are not within the Forbidden 7, they are irrelevant to the thread.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Dixie says halloo. She wouldn't be a clone because she use her hair.
She could use her hair to differentiate herself for Diddy, but that would require effort, and being optimistic about game developers putting effort in a game that isn't out yet, even if they've always put effort into their games before, is just begging for a repeat of Sonic 06.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Mewtwo- Hopefully he makes it in, but I won't hold my breath.

Toon Zelda/Sheik- Stay away.... far away. Four Zeldas.... Just No.

Dixie Kong- Preferably not, but alright.

Roy- Same as Mewtwo

Plusle and Minun- Could be interesting but againt not holding my breath.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It makes

since. But anyways, I hope that there would never be another Forbidden-Group.
There absolutely will be.
And imagine how differently the game would have shaped up if we had been given the fully group (or at least, all that were planned without TIME cuts, if that is what they were. I still don't know why they were ON the disc. That is the baffling part to me.)
She could use her hair to differentiate herself for Diddy, but that would require effort, and being optimistic about game developers putting effort in a game that isn't out yet, even if they've always put effort into their games before, is just begging for a repeat of Sonic 06.
They put effort in!

Just not everywhere...

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Mewtwo: No-brainer, he deserves to be in.

Roy: Would be cool, but I think his time is past. Ike can carry the torch better.

Prai_Mai: No idea what this actually is, so why even consider it? The Plusle/Minun is just speculation. And even then, they have virtually no chance.

Dixie Kong: Totally down for her inclusion, and I have confidence in it too due to Tropical Freeze and all the things working in her favor.

Toon Zelda: Actually wouldn't mind it, as she would stand a nice contrast to Zelda and would make TL seem less out of place among the realistic Zelda reps.

Toon Sheik: This is a step too far. Kill it with fire.

Dr. Mario: A clone, but he's alright. Should probably just be a costume though.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Mewtwo: To this day, it has a completely unique moveset. Shouldn't have been cut in the first place.

Prai_Mai: Plusle and Minun? No. Those Pokémon were gimmicky and unimportant even in their own games. That's like putting a

Dixie Kong: Unfortunately, I've never played a game with her. Still think they should include her in some way (at the very least a costume for Diddy).

Dr. Mario: I'm 99% sure this will be an alternate costume. There's no reason for them not to do it.

Roy: I'd love to see him back, but he's DLC at best.

Toon Zelda: Not happening. Smash 4 Zelda already takes unique aspects from Toon Zelda with Phantom Slash.

Toon Sheik: I am confident this was meant to be Tetra. I would totally be able to get behind this. While 3 incarnations of the same character might be a bit much, I feel that, with a unique moveset, Tetra would be a nice addition to the roster.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Plusle and Minun" and "good idea" in the same sentence is only valid if there's an "are not a" in-between.
Dismissing my points without any reasoning. How absolutely unproductive to a forum that is supposed to be based around discussion where this currently shoots down other opinions is the opposite of communication. This statement and your next statement are what we consider "asocial".

But back to the debate at matter. Tell me, with logical reasoning, why is a tag team based character idea with two characters with opposite strengths not a good idea=???

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Dismissing my points without any reasoning. How absolutely unproductive to a forum that is supposed to be based around discussion where this currently shoots down other opinions is the opposite of communication. This statement and your next statement are what we consider "asocial".

But back to the debate at matter. Tell me, with logical reasoning, why is a tag team based character idea with two characters with opposite strengths not a good idea=???
Plusle and Minun were the Pikachu clones of Gen 3. As a result, they're usually cast aside by competitive players for better electric-types (like Jolteon or Magnezone), and non-competitive players ignore them as a result of their designs being fairly underwelming and forgettable. Additionally, the gimmick essentially means that the two have to compete with eachother for a spot on the player's roster.

Now you might be thinking "but players know about pokemon even when they aren't in the player's party," and you'd be partially right: players definitely remember legendary pokes, demonic spiders (Lance's Dragonite in Gen 1), Lethal Joke Characters (like Jigglypuff, and to an extent, Pichu), and pokemon so common that one could assume that they'd form an army or two if rallied together. Plusle and Minun are none of those. The best category they'd fit in would be the either overly common variety, which they fail because weren't as common in R/S/E as say, Bidoof or Pidgey are, and as for prank character, think of it this way: If I were to recommend Magikarp, Mudkip, Seaking, or the Helix Fossil as a character in Smash 4, I'd get laughed at because those pokemon have managed to become living in-jokes. When recommending Plusle and Minun, however, you get a bunch of "mehs."

All this and the very likely possibility that they'd turn up as Ice Climber clones results in a death sentence for this dynamic duo.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Plusle and Minun were the Pikachu clones of Gen 3. As a result, they're usually cast aside by competitive players for better electric-types (like Jolteon or Magnezone), and non-competitive players ignore them as a result of their designs being fairly underwelming and forgettable. Additionally, the gimmick essentially means that the two have to compete with eachother for a spot on the player's roster.

Now you might be thinking "but players know about pokemon even when they aren't in the player's party," and you'd be partially right: players definitely remember legendary pokes, demonic spiders (Lance's Dragonite in Gen 1), Lethal Joke Characters (like Jigglypuff, and to an extent, Pichu), and pokemon so common that one could assume that they'd form an army or two if rallied together. Plusle and Minun are none of those. The best category they'd fit in would be the either overly common variety, which they fail because weren't as common in R/S/E as say, Bidoof or Pidgey are, and as for prank character, think of it this way: If I were to recommend Magikarp, Mudkip, Seaking, or the Helix Fossil as a character in Smash 4, I'd get laughed at because those pokemon have managed to become living in-jokes. When recommending Plusle and Minun, however, you get a bunch of "mehs."

All this and the very likely possibility that they'd turn up as Ice Climber clones results in a death sentence for this dynamic duo.
I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

First off, when talking Smash gameplay, I don't care about what goes on in the games of Pokemon universe unless it IMPACTS SMASH BROS GAMEPLAY VIA THE CHARACTERS!!!

What you just said in the first paragraph doesn't, so therefore IMO it is worthless. In fact, your second point doesn't apply either.

Look at the Rosalina concept: she's your atypical character+support concept for fighting games. Ice Climbers are the ditto duo (duo that are the same) concept in fighting games. Plusle and Minun are your atypical tag team duo with the same moves but opposite effects.

Where say Plusle can have a forward Smash that KO's, Minun's forward Smash could lead to combos.

I've heard the tag team idea mentioned for Diddy and Dixie, but that doesn't work. Those 2 characters have entirely different skills and universal different moves despite similar body compositions. On top of that, their skill differences are quite varied.

With Plusle and Minun, that isn't the case. They look the same, have the same movepools, the same skillsets, etc., other than they are the opposite of each other in how they work. In other words, they are perfect for this typical character tropes, especially from fighting games, which is something this smash game has a lot of with its' newcomers.

After all, Villager is the psychopath trope, Mega Man the platformer GOD, Wii Fit Trainer is like a Virtua Fighter character, Little Mac is your atypical fighting game character, Greninja is your ninja character (Sheik doesn't really fit this character), Mii Swordsman is the Soul Calibur create-a-player, Mii Brawler is the Tekken create-a-player, Mii Gunner is the Contra-like character, Palutena is the super God character (Ivan Ooze, lol!), and Pac-Man is the puzzle (and kinda sorta platformer) GOD.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

First off, when talking Smash gameplay, I don't care about what goes on in the games of Pokemon universe unless it IMPACTS SMASH BROS GAMEPLAY VIA THE CHARACTERS!!!

What you just said in the first paragraph doesn't, so therefore IMO it is worthless. In fact, your second point doesn't apply either.

Look at the Rosalina concept: she's your atypical character+support concept for fighting games. Ice Climbers are the ditto duo (duo that are the same) concept in fighting games. Plusle and Minun are your atypical tag team duo with the same moves but opposite effects.

Where say Plusle can have a forward Smash that KO's, Minun's forward Smash could lead to combos.

I've heard the tag team idea mentioned for Diddy and Dixie, but that doesn't work. Those 2 characters have entirely different skills and universal different moves despite similar body compositions. On top of that, their skill differences are quite varied.

With Plusle and Minun, that isn't the case. They look the same, have the same movepools, the same skillsets, etc., other than they are the opposite of each other in how they work. In other words, they are perfect for this typical character tropes, especially from fighting games, which is something this smash game has a lot of with its' newcomers.

After all, Villager is the psychopath trope, Mega Man the platformer GOD, Wii Fit Trainer is like a Virtua Fighter character, Little Mac is your atypical fighting game character, Greninja is your ninja character (Sheik doesn't really fit this character), Mii Swordsman is the Soul Calibur create-a-player, Mii Brawler is the Tekken create-a-player, Mii Gunner is the Contra-like character, Palutena is the super God character (Ivan Ooze, lol!), and Pac-Man is the puzzle (and kinda sorta platformer) GOD.
If your going to characterize Villager as a psychopath, go all the way. Donkey Kong's a Perv, Little Mac has a napoleon complex, and Greninja gets his water powers from Mewtwo's tears. Otherwise it's just inconsistent. :p

Anyways, this post checks out. 8/10

D

Deleted member

You know as well as I do that discussing whether or not Plusle and Minun works as a concept here is technically off-topic.

Now quit derailing the thread by trying to prove your epeen is bigger.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

false

:p

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know as well as I do that discussing whether or not Plusle and Minun works as a concept here is technically off-topic.
No it isn't. They're a part of the Forbidden Seven whether you admit it or not, as hackers like the ones working on Project M have proven.

I was describing why I'd like Plsule and Minun to be playable characters in the game, specifically as a tag team character concept, something we've never had in Smash Bros. It's that simple.
Now quit derailing the thread by trying to prove your epeen is bigger.
I'm sorry, who is the one insulting the other user trying to use bully tactics like a coward behind of a screen instead of using actual points.

If you want to stop talking about how you're God and never wrong, that's fine. But if you want to keep quoting me I suggest you actually come back with counter points. I don't mind being wrong or hearing other points of views, but "no you're wrong" isn't an actual point, unless you are like Divine Deity.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No it isn't. They're a part of the Forbidden Seven whether you admit it or not, as hackers like the ones working on Project M have proven.
"Proven"? First I've heard of this.
Show me how and where they've proven this, and I'll concede that "pra_mai" is in fact Plusle and Minun.

Because as it stands, there's too much pointing against the theory.
Bear in mind that I've spent months trying to decipher the identity and have only been able to discredit the known theories and have not even come close to an answer on who the file really pertains to.

I was describing why I'd like Plsule and Minun to be playable characters in the game, specifically as a tag team character concept, something we've never had in Smash Bros. It's that simple.
And something we will most likely get with the Chorus Kids based on their rhythm origins.
But still, considering you have yet to show the evidence you claim exists that outright proves that "pra_mai" is Plusle and Minun, discussing them is off-topic.

I'm sorry, who is the one insulting the other user trying to use bully tactics like a coward behind of a screen instead of using actual points.
That would be you. Not once have I insulted you.
As much as I'm able to read now (been sitting on this screen for hours because of leaving for work, helping make dinner, and then typing this), you have:
-Claimed me to be an overplayed decade old gimmick.
-Indirectly referred to me as "asocial".
-Insinuate that I'm blasphemous and think of myself as God (which is entirely hypocritical given statements of yours in the past...)
-Compare me to the utter scum that is Divine when I make a simple remark towards the little rats and try to avoid entering a pissing match with you over it because it isn't relevant to the thread. (You didn't bother to think to have a serious debate on the Plusle and Minun thread where it actually would be on-topic?)

If you want to stop talking about how you're God and never wrong, that's fine. But if you want to keep quoting me I suggest you actually come back with counter points. I don't mind being wrong or hearing other points of views, but "no you're wrong" isn't an actual point, unless you are like Divine Deity.
Funny. I don't remember actually quoting you for an argument until you got pissy about me daring to say that P+M aren't a good idea.
And ironically you gave absolutely no points to counter.
Literally all you've done in this discussion until after I've said that P+M aren't a good idea is:
-Gush about how a "fan-freaking-tastic idea" they are and how they're better than any other 3rd Gen option.
-Badmouth Blaziken and Sceptile.
-State that a pair of characters that are "different, yet the same" that work "in agreement/conformity of each other" is a good idea. Which doesn't say anything that makes a lick of sense (accordance? Couldn't think of word that actually gets your point across?) and pretty much defines the Ice Climbers with such vague terminology.
-Demand me to prove your point wrong when you've yet to actually prove it right in the first place. (Though I will humor you for a moment with stating that the actual concept in question doesn't make sense for Plusle and Minun. There are very few differences between the two that warrant drastic alterations like you propose. Stat-wise, Plusle has slightly higher ATK/Sp. ATK and Minun as slightly higher DEF/Sp. DEF. Move-wise, the only differences are that Plusle learns Last Resort while Minun learns Trump Card, and that Minun learns Charm while Plusle doesn't. And their Hidden Abilities (which don't matter in Smash) are different. In every portrayal in media however, the pair are always shown to be the same in terms of ability; why would Smash be any different?)

You've managed to raise an actual coherent argument worth picking at when talking to FirestormNeos, I'll give you that.
However, until you prove that "pra_mai" is Plusle and Minun (to make the subject actually relevant to the thread) and until you stop trying to prove you have a bigger epeen, I have no reason to address it.

Last edited by a moderator:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Okay guys, let's not get into it....please.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Guys... guys...

it's MY milkshake who brings charizard to the brawl

and they're like---

we want squirtle

D

Deleted member

....not sure if I want to do a There Will Be Blood "I drink your milkshake!" joke...
Depends on what one's "milkshake" is in reference to that song.

EDIT: *shudders* No, I do not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom