• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First RI/MA Brawl Event! March 21st or 22nd, in Lowell, MA or Wakefield, RI.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I'll update this thread as I find out more info, but Siyko and I were discussing having an event next weekend on either the 21st (Friday) or the 22nd (Saturday) either at my house (Wakefield, RI) or at his (Lowell, MA).

We'd like to get as many players as we can in order to run a potential tournament, but at the very least we can surely run a free entry event and crews battle. If we host the event in Lowell, I'm sure we'll get enough players to run a tournament, especially if we can get KoreanDJ to show up (very likely, since he lives a few minutes from Siyko). MA would also potentially draw some of the NH/ME players, who are all awesome guys, but RI would be more likely to draw the CT players (another great group). I'm also not sure how many players Siyko could have over for the event, but I know that the max we could have at my place is 20 (basement brawl!)

I suppose we can post this later in the tourney section once we have a better idea of where the event will take place and when, but for now, I just wanted to see who would be interested in coming and what date they would prefer.

Rules will be another issue, but we'll figure them out as we go along too. I'm all for using only a few stages, so that we can compare and contrast how it works with the events that have used a lot of stages, but it would be nice to try some of the more crazy stages too.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Bump, and let me add that we might be able to add some people from outside the area into the bracket via wifi, but other players may object because of the potential lag. At the very least, I'm sure you could jump in and play some friendlies, even if you live in Cali or something.

shanus

Smash Hero
The one week I'm away from the rhode island area :O

maybe I could wifi if it was friday

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I'm so down for this. Personally, I'd rather have the Lowell location, but I guess it doesn't matter. I have work at the sears on Drumhill on the 29th from 3 - 9, and if you had it on the 28th I could stay until we pass out and then play till i have to go to work, and I could proabably get some other lowellians to attend. I know there are some other kids in andover that would want to go to.

I don't know if there are as many kids in RI that would go but we should just have where ever we can get more people.

Are we going to need to bring equipment and stuff?

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I'm so down for this. Personally, I'd rather have the Lowell location, but I guess it doesn't matter. I have work at the sears on Drumhill on the 29th from 3 - 9, and if you had it on the 28th I could stay until we pass out and then play till i have to go to work, and I could proabably get some other lowellians to attend. I know there are some other kids in andover that would want to go to.

I don't know if there are as many kids in RI that would go but we should just have where ever we can get more people.

Are we going to need to bring equipment and stuff?
Sounds good! I'm glad you guys can do either location, but I'll put you down in favor of the Lowell location. Equipment is always helpful and most appreciated.

I'll go ahead and spread the word to the other RI players. I'll probably see Dave, Lowell, and John this evening, so I'll mention it to them. I'll also mention it to Emmy and Tichinde, who each have a few people they could potentially bring.

Now we just need to hear the input from Fall River and the other Lowell and Boston smash players (like Jinx, KoreanDJ, etc). I wonder if we can get any of the CTers to come? I'll post on their thread and ask.

Sorry you can't make it Shanus. Assuming the other players don't object, we might be able to add you to the bracket on wifi, or at the very least allow you to play some other people in friendlies.

Edit-It looks like this upcoming Friday might work better than next week. Would people prefer the 21st or 22nd? We'll change it for now, and adapt accordingly.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
There a lot of likds on break this week or next week, maybe we should jsut post our availibility, and our perfered weeked, and night, I'll start to set a set fashion

I have a car for transportation, and am in favor of the lowell location.
As for as bringing equipment, i have my all of my wii wires clamped/tied/stuck because i have so many wired back theres, so i dont think thats going to happen. I definantly dont like bring 4 controllers or a copy of brawl. hell, ill bring a tv.
It doesnt matter to me about what day or weekend, but i would like it on the friday night.

if people need a ride then i need to ride out the situation

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Uh this is the Anime Boston weekend... probably not a good choice for an event :(
Yeah, KDJ said the same thing... Maybe we should change it back? Well, first we need to see how many players we can get on both dates.

Personally, Friday works better for me, and this weekend is slightly better than the upcoming one. I'll have one wii/brawl copy with me.

shanus

Smash Hero
either weekend is crappy for me so I'll prolly just try and wifi in some friendlies (I can do some any night this week if any of you want to

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
The Lowell location sounds ideal, but not this weeken as everyone I know besides me will be at anime boston.... And I'm afraid to meet you people alone. (In advance I am sorry for bringing them, but they do play even though they aren't good)

unknownforce

Smash Lord
subscribing.. i should be thar
Sweet! It will be an honor to have you, Jake. Would some other CT players be interested in coming with you? Also, which location would be easiest for you guys?

I'll try talking to the other RI'ers and Fall River today and see what their opinions are.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I need to get Wifi fixed at my house... I want to play online really badly, but I can't! I hope I can get some matches in with fellow RIer's this week, since it's Spring Break and all and I only have to work until the afternoon.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
sooo i just realised that, this is this weekend...
friday im planning on going up to spencer to chill with the mages, so we will see what happens, saturday my bro comes home from cali for his bday.. so thats a definite nogo.. buuut hes not home til 6pm.. so.. yeah

unknownforce

Smash Lord
sooo i just realised that, this is this weekend...
friday im planning on going up to spencer to chill with the mages, so we will see what happens, saturday my bro comes home from cali for his bday.. so thats a definite nogo.. buuut hes not home til 6pm.. so.. yeah
Hmm, so it sounds like Friday will work better for you guys? If the event takes place in Lowell or Fall River, it would be easy to meet up with them there.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
DAMMIT. maybe we should wait for the weekend after this one. I kinda want to go to anime boston too. If we're still gonna do it on friday though i'll be there

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Change of plans! We're going to move the location of the event to Fall River, where we are sure to have a decent turnout with most of the strongest MA players there. I'm not sure if Hayato would want me to post the address, so just PM me if your interested.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Is this still on for tommorow? I want to go0o0o0o0o0o, no one in my area is willing to play and my lag is terrible on Wi-Fi so I NEED TO GO.

and what time should we arrive? thats a solid 2 hour drive from where I am so if I am going to be able to go I need to plan this stuff out.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Is this still on for tommorow? I want to go0o0o0o0o0o, no one in my area is willing to play and my lag is terrible on Wi-Fi so I NEED TO GO.

and what time should we arrive? thats a solid 2 hour drive from where I am so if I am going to be able to go I need to plan this stuff out.
It's on Saturday now. PM me for more info.

shanus

Smash Hero
if you have enough set-ups someone wifi me (friendlies or ranked) tomorrow at the tourney since ill be out of state this weekend :O

unknownforce

Smash Lord
if you have enough set-ups someone wifi me (friendlies or ranked) tomorrow at the tourney since ill be out of state this weekend :O
Sure thing! Just IM Hayato (xxkirbysanxx) and we'll see if you can jump in for a few matches.

Top Bottom