• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Ice Climbers Only Tourney Sign-ups!

Miller

Smash Lord
Frozenpopo, you get trolled to easily
But ye, online is fail though. The point of the tourney is to prove whos best, but then whats the point if its only for fun? Just challenge everyone else to a ditto instead of making it a tourney if you want it that way

Miller

Smash Lord
If you didn't care, then why would you say this.

what does being the best have to do with anything? why can't we just play because we want to? does everything have to be about who's the best?
I can't make any sense out of that hypocrisy =/

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
because i don't care about competitions? i'm confused by your question. i said i don't care about being the best and then you post a quote that supports that. explain. \=P

Miller

Smash Lord
you do realize that if he goes first, that if you'r using 1 bullet, he will have a 1/6 chance of living, while next turn you'll only have a 1/5 chance? Its best to go first

CDCP

Smash Apprentice
you do realize that if he goes first, that if you'r using 1 bullet, he will have a 1/6 chance of living, while next turn you'll only have a 1/5 chance? Its best to go first
Umm, this is wrong. Your chances don't change, it is still 1/6.
Of course, I don't know the official rules to russian roulette, and if there is a bullet added, when switching, then it would be 2/6, or 1/3. Not 1/5.

Also, sign me up. :D

pastaboy

Smash Champion
millar is right, we play all the time. example- u spin, probability of getting the bullet (1/6), the probability it isnt the bullet is (5/6) suggesting that he does not get the bullet the chamber it is moved. This lncreasing the probability of getting the bullet to 1/5 because there are less chambers to chose from.

MAO

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Are you talking about Russian roulette with only two players? Assuming I know the rules of Russian roulette (which I might not, lol) and if you are talking about 2-player Russian roulette, then the odds of winning for each player is 0.5. To see this, note that if you number the chambers 1,2,3,4,5,6, where 1 is the the first chamber that is potentially unloaded, 2 is the 2nd, etc., then player 1 loses if the bullet is in chamber 1, 3, or 5, and player 2 loses if the bullet is in chamber 2, 4, or 6, and assuming that the chamber with the bullet is selected randomly, then there is a 50% chance that the bullet will be in chamber 1,3, or 5, and a 50% chance that the bullet will be in chamber 2, 4, or 6.

If you're playing with an odd number of chambers (let's say 2n+1) for some reason, though, it is better to be player two, cause there is an (n+1)/(2n+1) chance that the bullet will be in an odd numbered chamber and a n/(2n+1) chance that it'll be in an even chamber.

If you're playing with more than two people and the usual 6 chamber gun, it isn't necessarily best to go first. For example, if you're playing with 6 people and a bullet is inserted randomly into a chamber, then each player has a 1/6 chance of losing (player 1 loses if the bullet is in chamber 1, player 2 if it's in chamber 2, etc.) If you're playing with 5 people, it's actually worst to be player 1, cause player 1 will lose if the bullet is in chamber 1 or 6, while player 2 only loses if it's in #2, player 3 only loses if it's in #3, etc. Along similar trains of thought, it's better to be player 3 or 4 than 1 or 2 when playing with 4 people, and everybody's equally likely to lose if there are only 3 people. And if you're playing with more than 6 people, it's obviously best to be player 7 or above. :)

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
LOL! Everybody's now going into a deep discussion about russian roulette in a Ice climber tourney thread. I just read a whole article about russian roulette on wikipedia, and I have PROOF that going second is best.

lain

Smash Master
So... I see I'm in... though I didn't sign up... LOL

Whatever. I'll play.

The only reason I play IC's is for chaingrabs. What's wrong with that? You get a grab, you get a kill. I mean come on.

Obviously you are to play smart with desync blizzards and such, but then you catch them when they make a tiny spacing mistake, or you shield something, and it's raaaaape.

It's just fun stuff.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
Are you talking about Russian roulette with only two players? Assuming I know the rules of Russian roulette (which I might not, lol) and if you are talking about 2-player Russian roulette, then the odds of winning for each player is 0.5. To see this, note that if you number the chambers 1,2,3,4,5,6, where 1 is the the first chamber that is potentially unloaded, 2 is the 2nd, etc., then player 1 loses if the bullet is in chamber 1, 3, or 5, and player 2 loses if the bullet is in chamber 2, 4, or 6, and assuming that the chamber with the bullet is selected randomly, then there is a 50% chance that the bullet will be in chamber 1,3, or 5, and a 50% chance that the bullet will be in chamber 2, 4, or 6.

If you're playing with an odd number of chambers (let's say 2n+1) for some reason, though, it is better to be player two, cause there is an (n+1)/(2n+1) chance that the bullet will be in an odd numbered chamber and a n/(2n+1) chance that it'll be in an even chamber.

If you're playing with more than two people and the usual 6 chamber gun, it isn't necessarily best to go first. For example, if you're playing with 6 people and a bullet is inserted randomly into a chamber, then each player has a 1/6 chance of losing (player 1 loses if the bullet is in chamber 1, player 2 if it's in chamber 2, etc.) If you're playing with 5 people, it's actually worst to be player 1, cause player 1 will lose if the bullet is in chamber 1 or 6, while player 2 only loses if it's in #2, player 3 only loses if it's in #3, etc. Along similar trains of thought, it's better to be player 3 or 4 than 1 or 2 when playing with 4 people, and everybody's equally likely to lose if there are only 3 people. And if you're playing with more than 6 people, it's obviously best to be player 7 or above. :)
u forgot about single player

CDCP

Smash Apprentice
Wait, i guess my mistake goes back to my misunderstanding of the rules.
I always thought that before every shot, the chamber was spun.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
So... I see I'm in... though I didn't sign up... LOL

Whatever. I'll play.

The only reason I play IC's is for chaingrabs. What's wrong with that? You get a grab, you get a kill. I mean come on.

Obviously you are to play smart with desync blizzards and such, but then you catch them when they make a tiny spacing mistake, or you shield something, and it's raaaaape.

It's just fun stuff.
Yeah I know. I purposely signed you up (I know you didnt want to be lol), although I really dont want to hear about how you think this is stupid. I did say in the first post that if you post, youll be added to the tourney.

Wait, i guess my mistake goes back to my misunderstanding of the rules.
I always thought that before every shot, the chamber was spun.
You have it right. Thats the main idea of how you play in most versions.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Once there is like 30 people, but since there is a lack of IC mainer joining...

I think it would likely start next month -.-

CDCP

Smash Apprentice
Okay, cool.

By the way, I can record matches longer than three minutes, and upload them to youtube or something.
Idk if they would be fun to watch, lol, most likely horrible actually.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Okay, cool.

By the way, I can record matches longer than three minutes, and upload them to youtube or something.
Idk if they would be fun to watch, lol, most likely horrible actually.
if its a close match then go for it. there are only like 4 IC v IC matches on Youtube and they're all KDR v Hylain....

Top Bottom