• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Finger Bang - *Mission Completed* 11/17/07 (Portland, OR)

Binx

Smash Master
I unno timmy, I just think this looks promising, if you want to warn him then you should do it in PMs so people don't have a bunch of doubts and not show up. Yeah earlier date would be nice, as far as being a first time host I doubt it will be too big of a problem, people will show up who are experienced in attending/running tournies most likely anyways.

cmin

Smash Ace
i still think some of the pot or separate donation should go towards travel for OoS.
funny you should say that jayce.. i have a hunch that any OoS would take the pot anyways cuz its oregon lawl. **** you eggz

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
binx are you dead? ive been trying to get a hold of you all ****ing morning. gage call me cause i wanna smash today at like 4 maybe.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I won't be able today got the gf and I have to go to some ******** candle party with her. I don't even know what a candle party is haha.

cmin

Smash Ace
Oh come on, ya boy Jem took MCS to last stock in Falco vs Marth.. ON FD!
I can take some of singles pot if I do well enough ;)
lol okay jem i forgot to mention in that last post. here it goes. **** you jem

Climax11

Smash Ace
the tourney is scheduled in about 11 days and you're still deciding on what the entrance cost is. This is a new tourney hosted by a new host who's never hosted a big-scale 'fest.
Hey good points. It's all set now. I'm not changing it unless everyone gets here and b*tches at me in person. And even then I'm flashing you a bird first.

Currently there are 11 confirmed players for this event. That includes the host and his roommates;
Well...actually, only one on the Non-Freeloaders list is a roommate of mine.

Honestly, I don't think Tudios, Shin, or I can get time off for this because we need advance notice for time off, which wasn't afforded to us with all the indecisiveness of dates and entrance fees.
Actually...the date never once changed. It's been up since....Oct 24th. Not quite a month I know, but like you said, this is my first and I just picked the best date that didn't conflict with any smash tourney in the near NWest area.

As far as the cost changing....well....not to beat a dead horse...but how long before the tourney did you guys bail out on SF:E having to change the venue? Now I'm not using this as a shot, but more of an example of something that in the long scheme shouldn't matter. A differnt house? No big deal. 10/15 dollars? Sure some people are poor, and that's the only reason I'm trying to get a concenous.

Anyways, I think I've come to the conclusion that binx has a smash crush on the twins. That's why he's so bitter about you guys bailing. When he didn't even go. :chuckle: [All in good fun. Flame me and I'll give you herpes.]

I'm sorry you and the host see me as an antagonist to this event, but I'm pointing out any potential problems so Climax can avoid them. Either WA is going to cancel when they see the low turnout or they're going to complain they only won enough to cover travel costs.
Really, I don't really hold any hate. In fact I plan on attending the next SF:E, work permiting. AS far as washington complaining about winning being a low pay out...well, that's assuming they're going to win, now isn't it?

I offered to help pay for travel costs for OoS Smashers, but you thought this was a bad idea. We'll see how increasing the entrance fee works instead. I am 100% in agreement about getting sponsorship, though, as I've already been looking into it--asking around local stores for sponsorship.
Neato. I think the helping OoS'ers is a great idea. I personaly have decided I'm probably going to buy food instead. A few papa murphey's, some chips, carrot sticks. Pop and juice. Simple stuff, but no one will starve on my watch.

Anyways...I think I had an overall point but I forgot it..

Oh yeah, also...if you're status has change [confirmed to unconfirmed, or vice versa], let me know so I can update the first page. Also if anyone needs to get ahold of me, my numbers 971 222 4789. I guess I should probably put that on the first page as well.

v4p

Smash Apprentice
120 bucks each should do. thx.

but srsly. is there one right now? cause I'll drive to Eugene if I can get a ride from there to Portland.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Hey good points. It's all set now. I'm not changing it unless everyone gets here and b*tches at me in person. And even then I'm flashing you a bird first.

Well...actually, only one on the Non-Freeloaders list is a roommate of mine.

Actually...the date never once changed. It's been up since....Oct 24th. Not quite a month I know, but like you said, this is my first and I just picked the best date that didn't conflict with any smash tourney in the near NWest area.

As far as the cost changing....well....not to beat a dead horse...but how long before the tourney did you guys bail out on SF:E having to change the venue? Now I'm not using this as a shot, but more of an example of something that in the long scheme shouldn't matter. A differnt house? No big deal. 10/15 dollars? Sure some people are poor, and that's the only reason I'm trying to get a concenous.

Anyways, I think I've come to the conclusion that binx has a smash crush on the twins. That's why he's so bitter about you guys bailing. When he didn't even go. :chuckle: [All in good fun. Flame me and I'll give you herpes.]

Really, I don't really hold any hate. In fact I plan on attending the next SF:E, work permiting. AS far as washington complaining about winning being a low pay out...well, that's assuming they're going to win, now isn't it?

Neato. I think the helping OoS'ers is a great idea. I personaly have decided I'm probably going to buy food instead. A few papa murphey's, some chips, carrot sticks. Pop and juice. Simple stuff, but no one will starve on my watch.

Anyways...I think I had an overall point but I forgot it..

Oh yeah, also...if you're status has change [confirmed to unconfirmed, or vice versa], let me know so I can update the first page. Also if anyone needs to get ahold of me, my numbers 971 222 4789. I guess I should probably put that on the first page as well.
I'd like everyone to know that I have never outright rudely complained about a low turnout in an OR tournament that I've won.

Binx

Smash Master
shit how'd you find that out, I thought I had really good mindgames by now... -.-;;

In all seriousness that is part of the reason I didn't go to SF:E, I really enjoy playing with the smash twins, they are really friendly and fun to play against.

Anyways man looking forward to this tournament.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
but srsly. is there one right now? cause I'll drive to Eugene if I can get a ride from there to Portland.
No, there's no ride, and I'm not sure anyone from Eugene has Sat. off to go anyway. But, if there were a ride, you'd be welcomed to it.

cmin

Smash Ace
i think i can make this. i can probably take some eugene peopel since i'll be coming from corvallis. if you guys wanna help pitch in gas for me to get you

Balloon

Smash Lord
Hey Minh, maybe Andy should just drive to Eugene, pick up a few here, then drive the rest of the way to Corvallis, then we all ride up the rest of the way to P-town.

cmin

Smash Ace
saw milktea posting in our thread.. thought PC might come. /disappoint

T0MMY

Smash Master
The only chance for some of Eugene to make it is if whoever is going to pitch in some gas money for Minh to come down and pick you up and take you up there.
t1mmy, Ronin, and Bart need to get that figured out, I guess the rest of us will just attend the Eugene Weekly.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
I'd be more than happy to chip in money for Minh to pick us up.

Tommy I don't think you ever payed Joshiskefka for gas

cmin

Smash Ace
I'd be more than happy to chip in money for Minh to pick us up.

Tommy I don't think you ever payed Joshiskefka for gas
i'll drive you guys for free if you guys can eggz to sit in the passenger seat and sing his techno

seriously though, yeah pitch in some gas dollars and you guys get rides. that easy

Top Bottom