• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Five DLC Characters

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Here's my theory:
There have been 5 third-parties with characters as fighters. There are 5 spots for the Fighters Pass. Know that we're getting Mii costumes as DLC and that the third-parties ones are missing, here's my breakdown:

1. Joker (representing Sega)

2. Erdrick/DQ Builder (representing Square-Enix)
NOTE: The Minecraft thing could relate to DQ Builders (though Vergeben denied that) or as a special sponsorship for Stage Builder if it comes. The Minecraft boss could work well for the Dragon Quest hero if it's the Ender Dragon or it could be used as a stage hazard. The Steve/Alex models could just be free Mii costumes to tie in with the potential Minecraft-themed Stage Builder.

3. Goemon (representing Konami)
NOTE: I thought for a ninja, Goemon has more potential and is more unique than someone like Ryu Hayabusa. That's why I'd prefer Goemon over Ryu.

4. KOS-MOS (representing Namco-Bandai)

5. Dante/Leon/Ada/Phoenix Wright (representing Capcom)

Finally, there'd be a surprise extra fighter after the pass. That's my prediction.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Here is my prediction list of who I think the remaining 4 Season Pass fighters are going to be:

1. Erdrick/Geno/Sora

2. Banjo & Kazooie/Steve

3. Porky Minch

4. Sylux

3. Goemon (representing Konami)
NOTE: I thought for a ninja, Goemon has more potential and is more unique than someone like Ryu Hayabusa. That's why I'd prefer Goemon over Ryu.
I would die of hype if Goemon get's announced for Smash. But I highly doubt it's going to happen though.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
2.Erdrick, because of all the leaks

3.Professor Layton or Jybanyan, because the fact that we don't have any Level 5 representation in this game is really weird to me and as a fan of their content it would make me really happy to see one of them here.

4.Lloyd or Yuri, considering we did have Tales content in the last game it's really weird that we don't have any here and Namco's representation is really lacking.

5. Pokemon sword and shield starter, because Pokemons content in the base game is already dated.

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
My prediction :

- Dragon Quest rep : Erdrick or Luminary

- Microsotf rep : Steve, Banjo or CupHead

- Fire Emblem Three Houses rep : Byleth or Edelgard

- Pokémon 8G rep : Melmetal or starter 8g (probably Grookey's final evolution)

D

Deleted member

In this order with a few new mii DLC costumes added:
  1. Erdrick (+ a slime hat and Luminary outfit)
  2. Banjo-Kazooie (+ a Creeper hat and Master Chief outfit)
  3. Ryu Hayabusa (+ a Nobunyaga Oda hat & Nobunaga Oda outfit)
  4. Nightmare (+ a Xianghua and Raphael outfit)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The Hero from Dragon Quest is now officially confirmed as the second DLC character.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Resident Evil and Tales are going to be the last two. Especially if Wave 2 and Wave 3 Mii costumes are from SE and Microsoft.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Resident Evil and Tales are going to be the last two. Especially if Wave 2 and Wave 3 Mii costumes are from SE and Microsoft.
They don't have to bring back all of the 3rd Party Mii Fighter costumes from Smash 4, especially considering that Akira and Jacky didn't come back.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here’s my final verdict for the first fighter pass, since I’m confident we will at LEAST get another one:

1. :ultjoker:
2. Hero
3. Banjo & Kazooie
4. Bandai Namco character (candidates include someone from Tekken (not necessarily Heihachi), someone from Tales Of (possibly either Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell), Soul Calibur character (May or may not be Nightmare), or KOS-MOS from Xenosaga)
5. Elma

Yes, I know Elma is a Spirit but HEAR ME OUT! Remember Mewtwo and Lucas in 4? When they became DLC they got duplicate fighter exclusive trophies. Who’s to say Spirits can’t just be renamed, like “Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)” and using her 2 artwork as her Fighter Spirit?
Or
if her Smash appearance is her true form, the spirit could be renamed to “Elma (Mimeosome)”. Especially since Elma might take that appearance in a X sequel, and we all know Sakurai doesn’t give a crap about spoilers, he deadass added Mecha Fiora in Shulk’s Final Smash for crying out loud

Also, the devs of the Xenoblade series have said they’d like to return to Mira, the world of X, after they were done with 2, which includes the Torna prequel game. Whether they meant an X port to Switch or X part 2 remains to be seen, but also... Hiroyuki Sawano, X’s composer, has had a secret project since March last year and we still dunno what it is.

Finally, Caitlin Glass, Elma’s English VO, announced an NDA voice role around November-December 2018, when Smash’s base game was finished. We still don’t know what her NDA role is, either. It probably isn’t an anime role, or a role for a video game based on an anime (a My Hero Academia fighting game came out I believe. Glass voices Mina Ashido in that anime, but unfortunately, the game for it does not have a dub track. Or perhaps... it IS fortunately, in Elma’s favor!)

Time will tell, but I do have a feeling we will get at least one first party. And it will change the scape of speculation for good...

By which I mean sinking the Spirits Deconfirm argument, it already changed a lot with Banjo but this will change it even more

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
All 5 Fighters in the Fighter Pass have been revealed. I will start a new thread to discuss the fighters in the second Fighter Pass.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
1. Erdrick

Since Vergeben has claimed that we will get a Square Enix character, and he is the most reliable source we have, I’m very confident that we’ll be getting a SE character of some sort. If it’s Nintendo’s choice, a Dragon Quest character definitely makes the most sense to me given how tied the series is to Nintendo, and how overwhelmingly popular it is in Japan. And while Slime is cool, I think having an actual hero playable would be more fitting.

2. Min Min/Twintelle

I still feel like an ARMS rep is very very possible. It was a pretty damn successful new IP, and has been getting quite a bit of support from Nintendo. Also I’m about to go on a bit of a ramble regarding Spring Man so bare with me. While Spring Man is often considered the “main character” of ARMS, he could easily just be considered the main protagonist, which doesn’t matter all that much in fighting games. Even though Liu Kang is the main protagonist of Mortal Kombat, he is never considered the face of the series. Instead, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the most popular characters that come to everyone’s mind when it comes to MK, despite both having pretty minor story importance. And I feel that given how new ARMS is, it’s kind of hard to tell if Spring Man is more of Ryu - the main protagonist and the series’ iconic character. Or if he’s just a Liu Kang, a.k.a. Mr. Main Protagonist Man that no one really cares about.

Basically all I’m saying is that there are other characters who could fill in as our ARMS rep just fine as the series doesn’t really have a face yet. Personally I like Min Min the most, but Twintelle is also hella popular so whatever works. Although I would find it kind of odd that our ARMS rep doesn’t even use her arms...maybe that’s just me.

3. Obligatory Gen 8 Mon

We all know this song and dance. Pokémon is wildly popular, is always getting new entries with new characters, and with Gen 8 on the rise...well you could say that this is a very safe bet.

4. Three Houses Rep

Same deal as Pokémon. Very safe bet.

5. Banjo-Kazooie

Again I have a lot of faith that Vergeben knows what he’s saying, and since he seems to claim that there will be Minecraft “content,” I think that there is a good chance that there will be some kind of Microsoft character along with that content. And while Steve could work just fine, I feel like a Minecraft stage would make more sense, while Banjo is the character. Also, in addition to Verge’s claims, Nintendo and Microsoft have been working very close as of late and Phil Spencer has expressed quite a bit of interest in getting Banjo in Smash. Things are looking good for these two.
Don’t mean to toot my own horn too much, but I’ve been pretty on point with these predictions.

cpm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cpm001
3DS FC
0705-4380-2066
Switch FC
sw-0519-8110-5525
Medusa from kid icarus and shadow queen from paper Mario the thousand year door

7NATOR

Smash Master
Right now I'm thinking

Geno, Crash, Rex, League of Legends Rep (I'll just say Ahri) or Reimu, Shadow the Hedgehog

Top Bottom