• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fairy with Fighting Spirit: Lip for Smash! *Play Panel de Pon on NSO!*

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't know who had the idea of using the cursor as her recovery, but it's definitely my favorite.

EDIT: It was RouffWestie RouffWestie here.

Last edited:

Slyshock

Smash Apprentice
Between Your Deepest Dreams and Warmest Wishes
NNID
Slyshock
It's astounding how a character who's never been directly controllable and whose existence has largely been spent as a background not only has moveset potential, but has the potential for many movesets which introduce elements never before seen in any fighting game. When I first imagined Lip getting in Smash it was more of an excuse to promote a hidden gem series I love to bits, but the more I've dug the more it's apparent she'd be a truly fun and creative character in her own right. There's no way she could possibly be poorly executed, now it's just a matter of her making it in!

Last edited:

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I 100% support this lip is a retro character i really wanted in smash 4, hopefully in smash switch she will make the cut.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
http://www.intsys.co.jp/game/panepon/index.html

Surprisingly the old Panel de Pon website is still up. I bring this up as a bit of a relic from decades ago. There's not much to say since it's mainly discussing the game on the Super Famicom, but it's notably been updated for over a decade with some fan art also being on display. But a highlight is the extra files of artwork, with there being clean clips of the fairies and other stuff like the boxart. Strangely all the fairies use generic name, like Lip is referred to as "hana", literally "flower" in Japanese. Possibly placeholder names during development?

As a bit of trivia, this is the first appearance of Lip's house. It doesn't appear in the game proper, but artwork of it exists anyway.

However, this same house would later appear in Captain Rainbow, marking the first time it actually appears in a game.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
It's a cute house. I'm not sure why it didn't make it into the game (Captain Rainbow notwithstanding), but I guess someone realized it would make more sense if a flower fairy's house was, well, a flower--a tulip at that--instead of a mushroom. It'd fit perfectly with the whimsical and dreamlike aesthetic of the game, though.

Actually, it's not clear where Lip lives, ultimately, or if the houses seen on the world map are even meant to be the fairies' houses at all. It's pretty obvious from her title and the background of her stage that Lippy lives in a castle. The wing-houses in the background of Windy's stage are the same as the ones on the map screen, but that's pretty much only the case for her.

It's astounding how a character who's never been directly controllable and whose existence has largely been spent as a background not only has moveset potential, but has the potential for many movesets which introduce elements never before seen in any fighting game. When I first imagined Lip getting in Smash it was more of an excuse to promote a hidden gem series I love to bits, but the more I've dug the more it's apparent she'd be a truly fun and creative character in her own right. There's no way she could possibly be poorly executed, now it's just a matter of her making it in!
I agree wholeheartedly. That she wasn't in Smash 4 in any meaningful capacity is a real bummer and, in my opinion, a huge missed opportunity. Maybe there wasn't anything for it since they were trying not to focus on characters who had only seen a release in Japan for that one, hence Takamaru and the Prince of Sable being assist trophies and Lucas and Roy being cut from the initial roster, but I would've loved to go around in Smash Run dropping garbage blocks on a Sneaky Spirit's head and quick-swapping myself out of a Banzai Bill's collision course. If you're reading this and you work at Sora, please make my dream come true!

One of the (false) rumors in the build-up to SSB4 was that it would take an "east vs. west" theme, with characters that are more popular in Japan paired up against those that are more popular internationally. I hope that's what they do here to let some of Nintendo's internationally lesser-known stars have a chance to shine, our girl included. (This could also work in the favor of the rare few Nintendo characters whose games were never released in Japan, such as Mike Jones.) Inkling could work as the mediator between the two sides since their design has both Western and Eastern influences, compared to most Nintendo characters who lean either one way or the other.

I feel like it'd go over even better in Japan. Seeing Little Mac make the cut made a lot of people's day (and I'll happily count myself a part of that group), but Punch-Out is a pretty obscure franchise in its home country since the NES and SNES games got very limited releases, so the prevailing reaction there was "who?" Even Cloud, who's just as popular on the other side of the pond, got some accusations of pandering to Western gamers, since Final Fantasy 7 single-handedly propelled RPGs into the mainstream internationally when they'd always been crazy popular in Japan.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
And there's another one of those horrible lulls.

If Panel de Pon got a revival with a different gameplay style (sort of like Kid Icarus Uprising), what style of gameplay would you most like it to have? Personally, I'd love to see a fusion of RPG and puzzle gameplay, in the vein of Puzzle Quest for the DS. Perfect opportunity to give fans of Panel de Pon's action puzzle gameplay what they want, and to give people like me who want to see more out of the world and characters what they want. I have an entire (hypothetical, of course) thesis written up on what this game would play like. It's on the Discord server that was brought up earlier in the thread, but I can post it here if anyone wants.

Slyshock

Smash Apprentice
Between Your Deepest Dreams and Warmest Wishes
NNID
Slyshock
Funny coincidence, I've brought up the idea of an Uprising-esque Panel de Pon revival with an RPG setting and focus on characters before, years ago in other communities. Spose that's not too much of a surprise though, those are all logical conclusions to draw for what a revival would look like.

Uprising did such a good job of modernizing pixels that it's only natural to want the same treatment for other retro darlings, and although the gameplay style wouldn't exactly match the writing would be an excellent fit. Panel de Pon's cast didn't exactly receive a ton of development in their games, but between their character art and what few lines there were referring to them it's easy enough to extrapolate and subsequently build upon their personalities.

As for the RPG elements, I never gave it too much thought beyond wishing for it to be more hub-based and relaxed as opposed to one long corridor of adventure. Something closer to Rune Factory than anything, where you set off for adventure on your own pace and are never far from home. Being able to chat with your favorite fairy one day and recruit her for 2v2 battles the next would make for comfy questing. Ideally the standard puzzle gameplay wouldn't be interfered with too much since it's already so solid, but gaining certain perks like getting a free +1 to your combo chains or time stop in vs. mode scenarios would be in line with the spirit of the series.

I have an entire (hypothetical, of course) thesis written up on what this game would play like. It's on the Discord server that was brought up earlier in the thread, but I can post it here if anyone wants.
Would definitely be interested in seeing this, it's not every day you get to theorize about hypothetical PdP RPGs with someone.

Last edited:

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
I want Lip for smash more than Arle. Lip has her wand item sense melee I wonder why. It will be be weird if Nintendo decide to add Arle over Lip it make no sense Nintendo might it well add the own puzzle character in smash. Puyo is a big deal in Japan I get that but Lip make more sense than Arle to me. And her homestage should be Tetris oh yeah baby I could see it now Im a Lip supporter bro.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I want Lip for smash more than Arle. Lip has her wand item sense melee I wonder why. It will be be weird if Nintendo decide to add Arle over Lip it make no sense Nintendo might it well add the own puzzle character in smash. Puyo is a big deal in Japan I get that but Lip make more sense than Arle to me. And her homestage should be Tetris oh yeah baby I could see it now Im a Lip supporter bro.
Yeah, I sort of feel the same way. As much as I REALLY want Arle in Smash, Nintendo already HAS their own puzzle mascot. It would sort of feel like a big f*** you to themselves if they were to add Arle to Smash before their OWN puzzle character (Lip)...

Like, you all don't know how much I'm torn over these two. Like, it's near agonizing.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I sort of feel the same way. As much as I REALLY want Arle in Smash, Nintendo already HAS their own puzzle mascot. It would sort of feel like a big f*** you to themselves if they were to add Arle to Smash before their OWN puzzle character (Lip)...

Like, you all don't know how much I'm torn over these two. Like, it's near agonizing.
It will be great to have Lip and Arle duke it out everyone wins. And I love Puzzles Games chill bro not hating on Arle man. Arle chances are higher than Lip at this point. And take a chill pill before you type.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Sakurai seems to acknowledge worldwide obscurity as a reason to avoid including certain characters, like Takamaru. This is why I don't think he'll make Lip despite expressing how much he loved the idea in interview. I support the character but I don't think she stands a chance against the countless other possibilities that are more well-known. A crying shame considering her unique flavor and moveset potential.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It will be great to have Lip and Arle duke it out everyone wins. And I love Puzzles Games chill bro not hating on Arle man. Arle chances are higher than Lip at this point. And take a chill pill before you type.
Sorry. I know I could have been more chill while typing. I guess I'm just a bit worried about Lip right now. I mean, I'll be singing praises if Arle is added to Smash, but the fact that Nintendo already has a character like her under their belt...it feels a bit, I don't know? Wrong, to do that to Lip.

Sakurai seems to acknowledge worldwide obscurity as a reason to avoid including certain characters, like Takamaru. This is why I don't think he'll make Lip despite expressing how much he loved the idea in interview. I support the character but I don't think she stands a chance against the countless other possibilities that are more well-known. A crying shame considering her unique flavor and moveset potential.
It still sort of bothers me that he uses that as an excuse...

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
As for the RPG elements, I never gave it too much thought beyond wishing for it to be more hub-based and relaxed as opposed to one long corridor of adventure. Something closer to Rune Factory than anything, where you set off for adventure on your own pace and are never far from home. Being able to chat with your favorite fairy one day and recruit her for 2v2 battles the next would make for comfy questing. Ideally the standard puzzle gameplay wouldn't be interfered with too much since it's already so solid, but gaining certain perks like getting a free +1 to your combo chains or time stop in vs. mode scenarios would be in line with the spirit of the series.
This actually sounds like a really fun idea. I'm not sure how well it'd work for developing the world, though, and after the characters, development of the world of Panel de Pon is #2 on my priority list.

Here are a few concepts I envisioned for a Panel de Pon RPG:

Idea 1
Since this gameplay would work best on a system with two screens and the 3DS is entering its twilight years, I see this as being a less feasible gameplay idea than idea 2, but:
In this version, traditional Mario & Luigi-style turn-based combat occurs on the top screen, and a game of Panel de Pon occurs on the bottom screen. Clearing panels on the bottom screen grants the player Color Points, used either in addition to or instead of standard MP for more powerful attacks; Combos and Chains provide more color points than just matching up three panels. The game continues running for the entire battle, and if the stack hits the top, the Panel de Pon game shuts off for a while, temporarily leaving the player unable to earn any more Color Points. The challenge, therefore, comes from juggling the strategy of turn-based RPG battles while actively attempting to score Color Points on the bottom screen, taking care not to lose and gimp their party.

Idea 2
Panel de Pon and RPG mechanics are much more integrated here. You control up to three characters a la Super Mario RPG, each with their own playing field. A character's turn lasts a set amount of time, after which they rotate out for the next character in turn order. Clearing panels and scoring Combos and Chains causes damage to one enemy of the player's choice, cycled through by pressing the ZR button; clears scored while the stack is higher deal more damage, encouraging a high-risk, high-reward style of play a la the original games.

Certain RPG mechanics are still present but function a bit differently:
* Spells are cast by matching ! panels, which are slightly more frequent than in the original Panel de Pon. Once cleared, the battle temporarily freezes, and a menu appears letting you cast a spell. As in most RPGs, spells can affect multiple enemies, give them status effects, etc.
* Pressing ZL brings up a similar menu that lets you use an item.
* Characters have HP in addition to their stack of panels. Enemy attacks drop garbage blocks of varying sizes in addition to lowering HP. If the panels hit the top while the character has above 0 HP, their turn ends there; the next time their turn is up, they restart with a fresh stack of panels. If they hit the top at 0 HP, that character dies and has to be revived using an item or inn.

Characters' stats directly affect certain aspects of the puzzle game:
* Attack: Self-explanatory. Panel clears deal more damage to foes. Possibly also affects spell damage.
* Defense: Gradually lessens the size and amount of garbage blocks dropped by enemies' attacks, as well as how much HP is lost.
* Speed: Affects order in the turn list and causes panels to rise slower, making it less risky to score larger combos and chains without ending the turn on accident.
* Luck: Haven't quite figured this one out yet, but possibly causes ! panels to appear more frequently.

Elemental damage is present. Each fairy has a slight elemental bonus to their normal attacks and takes more damage from certain attacks, depending on what element they are (Lip and Thiana take heavy damage from fire-type attacks, Windy from earth, Flare from water, etc.). Equipment can provide bonuses to elemental attack and defense.

Finally, various status effects are present:
* Poison: Slowly drains HP and makes the stack rise faster.
* Sleep: Works as it usually does in an RPG, skipping that character's turn.
* Paralysis: You can move and rearrange panels, but the stack won't rise and panels won't pop until the effect wears off.
* Confusion: The cursor moves around erratically and swaps panels at random. Targets are chosen at random too, putting allies at risk of getting hurt.
* Mute: No ! panels spawn, meaning you can't cast spells.

Sakurai seems to acknowledge worldwide obscurity as a reason to avoid including certain characters, like Takamaru.
Sakurai also claimed that fighting game characters would probably not be getting into Smash Bros. before Heihachi was considered and Ryu actually made it in. He's changed his mind before. Deciding that internationally obscure characters had lower priority was itself a pretty complete 180 from Lucas and Marth... Hopefully he'll have a change of heart for SSB5.

...In fact, it's very probably this wasn't his decision to make, and Nintendo was actively discouraging Sora from using characters who hadn't seen an international release yet or who "didn't have a future" because they wanted to use SSB4 as an advertising tool whenever possible. Considering how few new franchises have been put out in-between 4 and now, I feel like SSB5 could take one of three directions:

A. Relying heavily on characters from older, more obscure and/or Japan-only franchises that haven't been represented yet
B. Relying heavily on characters from existing franchises
C. Relying heavily on third-party characters

I can't really see Nintendo relying on C in any meaningful capacity since third-party characters make up a heavy minority of the roster as it is, and outside of one or two characters, there aren't very many characters who would fall under B that would also generate a large amount of hype. A would give Lippy the best chance, so I'm hoping that's where the cards fall.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Maybe it's crazy, but I feel as though Lip's more artistically inclined fans should band together to do something expressing our love for the series, how much we miss our girl and her friends, and how much we'd love to see a revival happen--an internationally released one at that. Ordinarily I couldn't coordinate an effort if my life depended on it, but it's something I really want to happen, if I'm being perfectly honest. Would anyone here be interested?

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Dropping in to say I support Lip and would also be down for the art collaboration project when I've got more time on my hands- in about a week.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Even though I never post on Smashboards anymore, and no this is not me returning, but as a Lip supporter since the pre-Smash 4 era I wanted to swing by and say I support her for Smash 5.

Oh and also, something I have worked on lately.

I gave her the voice of Ayana Taketatsu, as she seemed to fit Lip's original voice in Panel De Pon in my opinion.

Of course, if anyone has a suggestion for a VA who fits her better, let me know.

Hope you all have a great time, good luck moving forward and keep supporting Lip!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Aaaaaa that's such an adorable mod I love it!!! The voice you chose for Lippy fits perfectly! I hope this gets to a releasable state someday.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I'll make a patch. Unfortunately the tool I'm using can't replace the Invisible and Metal Mario models. Don't really know how to work around that. Right now I'm working on her own shoes models, as she still has Mario's shoes.

I'll put up a link for the patch soon.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Even though I never post on Smashboards anymore, and no this is not me returning, but as a Lip supporter since the pre-Smash 4 era I wanted to swing by and say I support her for Smash 5.

I gave her the voice of Ayana Taketatsu, as she seemed to fit Lip's original voice in Panel De Pon in my opinion.

Of course, if anyone has a suggestion for a VA who fits her better, let me know.

Hope you all have a great time, good luck moving forward and keep supporting Lip!
Oh, my gosh! This mod is so adorable! If you don't mind the criticism, I feel her model could be better. Don't get me wrong, I understand that you were just working off of Mario's model, so you probably wouldn't have had too much control over that.

Aaaaaa that's such an adorable mod I love it!!! The voice you chose for Lippy fits perfectly! I hope this gets to a releasable state someday.
I know, right? Say, I just thought of something...just who does Panel de Pon's voice cast consist of anyways? And that being said, what do you all think are the odds of Lip's original VA reprising her role for her in Smash?

I'll make a patch. Unfortunately the tool I'm using can't replace the Invisible and Metal Mario models. Don't really know how to work around that. Right now I'm working on her own shoes models, as she still has Mario's shoes.

I'll put up a link for the patch soon.
Oooh...can't wait to see more gameplay!

RouffWestie

Smash Lord

We need Kaze Emanuar to get in on this. He can program her with a special ability to make blocks.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Update.

Title screen model has been cleaned up a bit. Editing this model has been quite tricky, maybe it's just my inexperience. But it looks a bit better now at least.

Lip's shoes models have been added, unfortunately the shoes cannot have more than one texture, so I cannot add the flower texture on her shoes like I wanted to. But still looks pretty good.

Brick boxes are now Panel De Pon Blocks!

All dialogue in the game has been edited.

This mod has some bugs so far I'm trying to fix, for some reason the penguin vanishes during the race. And the castle backyard crashes the game. I dunno what causes these bugs, it could be that the mod overwrites some existing memory in the game.

Oh, my gosh! This mod is so adorable! If you don't mind the criticism, I feel her model could be better. Don't get me wrong, I understand that you were just working off of Mario's model, so you probably wouldn't have had too much control over that.
The model was made by someone else, I imported all the model parts into the game and I had to match Mario's bones. I personally think the model is adorable, it really captures the early N64 era feel.

We need Kaze Emanuar to get in on this. He can program her with a special ability to make blocks.
That'd be great, especially if he'd add Lip to Super Mario 64 Online too.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
can you use the extra missing polygons from Mario's nose to give her a more sculpted face? At the very least a small pointed nose would look good on her.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The model was made by someone else, I imported all the model parts into the game and I had to match Mario's bones. I personally think the model is adorable, it really captures the early N64 era feel.
Oh, I see. It really does capture the N64 feel now that I get a better look at it.

BTW, everyone. What would you do if Lip was announced right now with virtually NO fanfare. Just out of nowhere, Nintendo says Lip from Panel de Pon is playable in Smash. What's your first reaction? Go.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I made a "commercial" for my Super Lip 64 mod:

It is based on this commercial, did I manage to replicate it well? Let me know.

I have fully playtested my Super Lip 64 mod, and it is fully playable except for two areas: Castle backyard and Tiny Huge Island, they both crash the game for some reason. Big Boo's Haunt can still be accessed through the Level Select menu code and it is fully playable. There are also some slowdowns which I am trying to fix. Also, the tool I'm using cannot replace the Invisible and Metal Mario models, I am going to have to do this with a hex editor.

So here is my question, are you Panel De Poppers interested in me releasing a 1.0 version of this mod? And then whenever I rectify these issues I've listed, I can release a 2.0. Or would you rather wait? Please let me know.

BTW, everyone. What would you do if Lip was announced right now with virtually NO fanfare. Just out of nowhere, Nintendo says Lip from Panel de Pon is playable in Smash. What's your first reaction? Go.

^ Would be my reaction if that happened.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'm loving how this mod is coming along. Maybe edit a few of the textures, too, to make them more colorful. Not eye-searing, just gelling better with the game's art style.

I think you should wait on putting out a first release until all of the bugs are fixed, personally.

I know, right? Say, I just thought of something...just who does Panel de Pon's voice cast consist of anyways? And that being said, what do you all think are the odds of Lip's original VA reprising her role for her in Smash?
Considering how little voiced dialogue is in the original game, most likely interns who no longer work at the company. If they brought Lip back for Smash Bros., they might have to find a whole new voice actor for her, although for various reasons that's a non-issue.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Looking at how confident people are about Takamaru's chances, I'm thinking it's time for the Lip fandom to follow their example. We need fanart, remixes, fan fiction, custom movesets, animations, 3D models, even entire fan movements...anything that would help us put our voice out there. We can't just sit around and be complacent--our girl needs us! The odds are low, but she still has a chance, and that's good enough for me. Who's with me?

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Looking at how confident people are about Takamaru's chances, I'm thinking it's time for the Lip fandom to follow their example. We need fanart, remixes, fan fiction, custom movesets, animations, 3D models, even entire fan movements...anything that would help us put our voice out there. We can't just sit around and be complacent--our girl needs us! The odds are low, but she still has a chance, and that's good enough for me. Who's with me?
Definitely I'd certain draw something if I was talented enough to do so. It really does feel weird to me to see Lip's Stick in Smash but no Lip for some reason.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
They're like a big brother and his little sister. Cute!

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Smash would be such a good home for Lip. It would keep her reappearing in games. I'm very lucky and grateful one of my favorite Nintendo characters (check my avatar) made it into Smash and he has since been there since 64 back in the 90s (I've also been lucky to have Jigglupuff and Captain Falcon as well in from the start as they'd have faded away had it not been in Smash). It'd be very nice to have this happen to Lip. I'd legit be complete if this were to happen.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
As I've said in the past, Lip is the type of character that feels like she NEEDS Smash, as it feels like her best option at being fully relevant again. I can't imagine anything else that she could be included in where much of an impact would be had on her popularity, as well as Panel de Pon/Puzzle League as a whole.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
As I've said in the past, Lip is the type of character that feels like she NEEDS Smash, as it feels like her best option at being fully relevant again. I can't imagine anything else that she could be included in where much of an impact would be had on her popularity, as well as Panel de Pon/Puzzle League as a whole.
Fully agreed. Smash clearly helps characters and their series gain popularity (we've seen it with Ness and Lucas and Mother, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Roy) as just examples. Smash really does feel like a perfect fit for Lip that it'd be a real shame if she never gets in.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Smash would be such a good home for Lip. It would keep her reappearing in games. I'm very lucky and grateful one of my favorite Nintendo characters (check my avatar) made it into Smash and he has since been there since 64 back in the 90s (I've also been lucky to have Jigglupuff and Captain Falcon as well in from the start as they'd have faded away had it not been in Smash). It'd be very nice to have this happen to Lip. I'd legit be complete if this were to happen.
Personally, Lip is the only character I still really want in Smash Bros. I'm supporting other characters who I'd be very happy to see in the game, that's why you see more than just her icon in my signature, but Lippy is the only one I'm still really rooting for (Inklings are already in). If she makes the cut, that's everything I could ever want out of Smash Bros. right there! They could remove Mega Man, Rosalina, Little Mac, and any game mode that wasn't in the N64 game, then put in Steve?, and I'd still be happy because at least I'd still be able to use him as a punching bag to practice my fighting skills with that little cutie.

In fact, part of the reason why I've been supporting Lip for Smash Bros. for so long is because I feel it's her best shot at making a comeback. Smash Bros. has a history of reviving old, thought long-dead series as well as sparking international interest in games that were previously Japan-only, and I hope Nintendo realizes its potential to bring Panel de Pon back to the forefront. With Puyo Puyo making itself known internationally, what have they got to lose?

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Honestly, genuine enthusiasm and a healthy bit of understanding the reality of the situation were all the Takamaru fan base before Sakurai's statements during Smash 4 had going for themselves. It feels much nicer nowadays that we aren't defending ourselves as much. People see the value behind the character as both a historical piece and the game play he'd bring as a potential playable character.

All that said, I think a few of these characters like Lip would benefit a ton in the long run from something like this. They aren't without their niche, history and appeal, but there's just no one out there doing things to get them a spotlight. A collaborative Lip/PdP project could be very rad and depending on what shape it takes, I could chip something in (probably not art but maybe a sum towards a commission somewhere).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If we could just get Lip as an Assist Trophy and Panel de Pon localized for Virtual Console (or Nintendo Switch Classic Arcade Online or whatever they’re calling it these days). It sounds like quite a lot but the benefits to Lip’s cause would be enormous.

Top Bottom