• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fairy with Fighting Spirit: Lip for Smash! *Play Panel de Pon on NSO!*

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Alright, although I find it disturbing anybody would find that NSFW in any way. I only posted that for humorous intentions.
I don't think it's NSFW, but for sure it's weird... not the drawing itself (it's fine), but the overall concept.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Well, I won't post anything like that again. I won't even post the Captain Rainbow stuff just to be on the safe side.
Don't feel bad for that, I'm sorry if it offended you.
You made it with innocent intentions, the problem is that Internet is a bad place, and since it's a bad place, there are also people who do bad things.
In fact, there are some people who do fan-arts similar to that one, but with different intentions than yours.

This may not be the case, though it can be misinterpreted as one of those cases by other people who aren't aware of your intentions, sadly (this also includes outside people who accidentally watch the monitor while the picture is on the screen).
That's why it's better to keep it in a spoiler; there is nothing wrong with the picture itself but it's better to leave people the option to hide it.

This doesn't mean that you should stop posting artworks, by no way. As long as there's nothing that can be misinterpreted or make people feel uncomfortable, then it's ok to post stuff.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Since it's a Japanese developed game; I'm really surprised Smash still doesn't have a "Magical Girl" fighter.

Another reason we need Lip

Last edited:

『SwingingStar』

Smash Cadet
Since it's a Japanese developed game; I'm really surprised Smash still doesn't have a "Magical Girl" fighter.

Panel de Pon was Nitendo's first Shoujo influenced work, and Lip their first "Shoujo Protagonist". It's slightly odd they never really stuck by it.

If that Sakura Card Captor GBC can be an object of power, maybe, even if as a niche series, Panel de Pon could've had a place.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Panel de Pon was Nitendo's first Shoujo influenced work, and Lip their first "Shoujo Protagonist". It's slightly odd they never really stuck by it.

If that Sakura Card Captor GBC can be an object of power, maybe, even if as a niche series, Panel de Pon could've had a place.
We need to make a summoning circle with a bunch of Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura DVDs with a Panel de Pon cartridge right in the middle to get Lip in Smash Ultimate.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Has anyone played Captain Rainbow? Just wanna know why Lip runs out of her house crying (which I found pretty funny).

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I for one think all 3 of them are beautiful! (.^^.)
Each in their own way~<3
Maybe this thread IS as bad as the Ashley thread, lol.
T_T ...How rude... I'm not sure at all what you're trying to exactly imply here, but it's not very nice...
Alright, although I find it disturbing anybody would find that NSFW in any way. I only posted that for humorous intentions.
Well I don't really understand... I guess I'm the only here who doesn't have a problem with it lul~
The internet has a tendency to ruin even the most innocent of things.
That much is true, unfortunately :/
I can see now what y'all mean by that
I dunno if you guys saw this; but there's a little poll for retro reps on the thread and Lip is currently sweeping the floor, double the votes of the second place winner currently. Maybe she isn't as unlikely as you guys think? ;3
Do you mind posting a link so i can vote in it too? I'm not always on smashboards so sometimes it's hard for me to find things here :o
I appreciate it!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Not to mention, no Tetris character.

Her exclusion truly is odd. She was meant for Brawl.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
It's good to hear Lip is picking up the pace in terms of popularity. Maybe people are coming to realize that she's really one of the best options for a retro character, for a variety of reasons.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Retro or not, she has such a legacy that should be expanded even further!
For the love of Panel De Pon and their lovely fairies. Smash imortolize things. I hope it would bring PdP back.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
At this point I really just want Lip to make a physical appearance in Smash at all. Even if it's an Assist Trophy. Even if it's a regular trophy. Anything is better than what we have.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
At this point I really just want Lip to make a physical appearance in Smash at all. Even if it's an Assist Trophy. Even if it's a regular trophy. Anything is better than what we have.
I'd bet some money on her showing up SOMEWHERE. Maybe not playable... but somewhere.

NukeA6

Smash Master
So the Nintendo Direct delay is getting to you too? Oh well I'm not gonna lie, I feel like that Arle Nadja is Lip's only chance since Puyo Puyo is more recognizable name and plays much like Panel de Pon.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
So the Nintendo Direct delay is getting to you too? Oh well I'm not gonna lie, I feel like that Arle Nadja is Lip's only chance since Puyo Puyo is more recognizable name and plays much like Panel de Pon.
Eh, Sakurai bringing up Panel de Pon in a recent interview gives me hope.

shammah121

Smash Cadet
I feel that Lip in Smash would be interesting because Dr. Mario could represent the more causal aspect of puzzle games while Lip could represent the more competitive aspect of puzzle games! Not saying that Dr. Mario can't be competitive or Panel De Pon can't be casual, but I feel that these puzzle games target a very specific type of gamer when it comes to their play styles!
I actually want Tetris to get more representation in Smash because it helped sell the Gameboy and is important to Nintendo's history (I recommend watching the gaming historian video on Tetris).

11th

Smash Apprentice
I wish that the folks backing characters who have a reasonable chance of appearing at all would appreciate that more, because it could be worse.

Sometimes I worry about Lip not getting a trophy or anything else, or something getting in and being altered for the Western release, or them removing her only song. Unfortunately, we won't know for sure until release because such things are rarely touched upon in announcements, and the longer the wait the more the pressure builds.

On the bright side, there are 30+ new songs in the "other" section, and selections for new remixes was pretty loose this time around. [1]/[2] Hopefully one of the composers is a bit of a PdP fan, or a port snuck in.

God; I can't quite remember but it can be found in this thread if that helps any! He was talking about beating the creator of Panel de Pon at his own game in his youth I think?
That was Steve Mayles, a former Rare designer who worked on Donkey Kong Country. (Article)

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Don't know if I've posted here yet but consider me a supporter. I always thought she'd be a cool character to have in Smash ever since the Brawl days, though I've only played Panel De Pon for the first time last year. I can't even get past the dragon. But I think it's a fun game.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Don't know if I've posted here yet but consider me a supporter. I always thought she'd be a cool character to have in Smash ever since the Brawl days, though I've only played Panel De Pon for the first time last year. I can't even get past the dragon. But I think it's a fun game.
It's alright, I had to use save states to beat Panel de Pon because I suck at puzzle games.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Retro or not, she has such a legacy that should be expanded even further!
For the love of Panel De Pon and their lovely fairies. Smash imortolize things. I hope it would bring PdP back.
True it surely does! That's what I'm hoping for the most! :b:
YAY~ :b: thanks for the support! :bee:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
On the bright side, there are 30+ new songs in the "other" section, and selections for new remixes was pretty loose this time around. [1]/[2] Hopefully one of the composers is a bit of a PdP fan, or a port snuck in.
Or they moved the Lip's Theme remix to its own section with a bunch of other Panel de Pon songs, that isn't on the sound test screen because Lippy hasn't been revealed playable yet.

...I can dream, OK?

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
Or they moved the Lip's Theme remix to its own section with a bunch of other Panel de Pon songs, that isn't on the sound test screen because Lippy hasn't been revealed playable yet.

...I can dream, OK?
You do have a point though. If someone representing a franchise not in Smash Bros weren't revealed yet, they would at least hide all traces of him/her/it. It doesn't look like there will be another Final Fantasy character, unfortunately.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Besides, wouldn't it be boring if Castlevania was the last new franchise we'd be getting repped in Ultimate? I mean, I think so.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Chibi-Robo, Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, Panel De Pon, Super Mario RPG, Banjo & Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot.

There's still a lot more franchises I'd love to see in Smash.

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Chibi-Robo, Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, Panel De Pon, Super Mario RPG, Banjo & Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot.

There's still a lot more franchises I'd love to see in Smash.
The Smash Ballot was done way before the Remasters were announced and this includes the December 2015 project plan. Even Activision said they would be okay with Crash being in Smash beyond that project plan. So he might not actually appear in the game unless Activision asks Sakurai to include him in some form which will at best might be just a trophy using the N Sane Trilogy model.

zferolie

Smash Hero
While I don't think we'll see lip tommorow, I still think she is probably one of the most likely retro characters Sakurai can add(along with Mach Rider/Excite bike) so I hope we see her when they show us the retro

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Honestly, Lip has so much more moveset potential than either Mach Rider or Excitebiker. As I've said before, I can't see either using their bikes in their moveset, and while Mach Rider could conceivably do more than just ride their bike around (although it would be a seriously in-name-only version of the character), Excitebiker is just an ordinary motocross driver. It's in the name. Taking their bike away would be defeating the point.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly, Lip has so much more moveset potential than either Mach Rider or Excitebiker. As I've said before, I can't see either using their bikes in their moveset, and while Mach Rider could conceivably do more than just ride their bike around (although it would be a seriously in-name-only version of the character), Excitebiker is just an ordinary motocross driver. It's in the name. Taking their bike away would be defeating the point.
Oh I agree, its just Mach rider and especially excite bike has a bigger impact and is seen more. Plus Sakurai has mention Mach rider.

Plus I think Lip would be a better retro PLUS the WTF choice that Game and Watch, ROB, and Duck Hunt was.

Top Bottom