• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Embodiment of Scarlet Falcon", a Blood Falcon combo video

EF Aqua

Smash Rookie
As the title says, it's a Blood Falcon combo video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5lWx1wYB6E

Now to make a few things clear; I am a next to unknown Brawl player from the Netherlands (although not necessarily unknown in my own country) and I don't even main Falcon. I don't think the video has anything very revolutionary either, and I am slightly ashamed of the amount of filler OHKO and FFA clips I had to use (for the benefit of some synching). The editing may also seem a bit wonky at times because I had to work with inferior computers. Nevertheless, I figured it was still worth uploading because there's not that many decent Falcon videos online.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I've made it one of my favourites on Youtube, nice vid :).
And I'm from NL too (username, no sh*t...), so I'll PM you a request to exchange FC's :).
Again, nice vid, love the music.

Iwan

Smash Ace
I really liked the song and the editing :D...and you had some really sick clips in there :)

My only complaint is that there were too many clips of you fighting another falcon; tougher match ups and a variety of opponents is preferred in a highlight video.

I favorited it though :)

stelzig

Smash Lord
I've made it one of my favourites on Youtube, nice vid :).
And I'm from NL too (username, no sh*t...), so I'll PM you a request to exchange FC's :).
Again, nice vid, love the music.
Aqua isn't really a big fan of online, unless you wanna play free for all games with him :p

Sukai

Smash Champion
Feedback time!

First 35 seconds: Too much Falcon, more than one is pushing it, plus dittos fail at pushing a characters potential and by that logic the player.

0:49: C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

0:48-1:27: Too much Falcon man. Plus in some of those clips I can't help but think that they would have gotten out if they just air dodged.

1:37-2:07: Still too much Falcon.

2:38-3:16: Still too much Falcon, but at this point I do want to compliment you on your strategies, but it seems your opponent isn't all that careful on the defense, it could just well may be the misrepresentation that combo videos commonly give, but ****, you're owning him-like one-sidedly.

3:42-4:53: I guess I should accept it by now....but it become longer and longer, it'd be better with a few more breaks in the Falcon marathons, but it gets redundant and hurts the quality of the video.

5:55: Great Replay here.

6:35: Nice tech here.

Overall, you have a unique playstyle and I like the way you go at it, the only issue was the diversity of the opponents you faced and the long stretches of Falcon dittos.
Not bad to say the least.
6/10

EF Aqua

Smash Rookie
Lullo: Like Stelzig said, I don't really play online. Or like he also likes to stress; I only play the occasional FFA online if I really feel like playing Brawl, so your FC would be wasted on me. I'm sure we can play sometime if we meet at some Dutch tournament though. As you can see, I'm fond of Falcon dittos.

To the people pointing out the lack of diversity; I suppose that is worth a short explanation. As I mentioned before, I don't main Falcon. He's my fourth character after Yoshi, Ness and Falco. Now when I started Falcon about half a year ago, I had no intentions of using him competitively at all. We, the two other Falcons getting KO'd here and myself, discovered that these dittos were actually the most fun thing left to do on Brawl, as they were light-hearted fun matches as opposed to the far-too-serious matches we'd been playing all the time. So basically Falcon dittos were next to the only thing we played for a long while after, and it wasn't until I figured I was actually doing pretty nice stuff worth replaying occasionally that I started using him against other people and characters. Sadly though I didn't get a lot of opportunity to do so before I recorded the replays (which was actually done more than a month ago), so I was stuck with the few nice clips and a lot of filler. I did play against some of the other top players in the Netherlands afterwards by the way, but as I can play three characters with superior efficiency to Falcon, those matches never really get taken seriously. Besides, I still prefer to play a flashy Falcon over an efficient Falcon.

So basically, I realize you can't exactly take the video that serious with this kind of content, but I figured the couple of creative clips in there would still make up for a good view.

Thanks for the constructive commentary anyway.

Top Bottom