• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Egg Smash

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Playing my last hours of Melee, I have come across a new technique. I have coined this technique the Egg Smash.

Basically, you use B to put someone in an egg. After they are in the egg, face their direction, and start charging an U-Smash. As soon as they break out of the egg, they get smashed. That's all there is to it.

Of course, there is timing required to the move, you might wait a little bit before charging your smash, you might let it out right when the egg breaks, or you might let it out as the opponent is falling. (But the opponent is probably able to tech out of it if you wait for them to fall)

I'm getting Brawl very shortly, maybe in a half an hour, so I will see if the technique is still possible in Brawl when I try out Yoshi.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
it is best to do a nair or fair depending on %

Falcon BLORF

Smash Rookie
If you press A next to someone, their damage percentage goes up.

I'm getting Brawl very shortly, maybe in a half an hour, so I will see if the technique is still possible in Brawl when I try it out.

Frown

poekmon
If you press A next to someone, their damage percentage goes up.

I'm getting Brawl very shortly, maybe in a half an hour, so I will see if the technique is still possible in Brawl when I try it out.
That's not a Manaphy
Wow, this has never happened before... One guy states the most obvious thing about Super Smash, and then mimics a sentence in the original post. And right after that, some other guy states that an Egg Smash isn't a Pokémon.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Don't enemies have more invincibility frames upon breaking out than in Melee? That would make this so-called technique unsafe and easy to punish.

I would think tossing an egg at an opponent is a good follow-up to an egg break. Either they take a hit or they air-dodge and are left open for a brief moment, allowing you to punish them with an up-smash, u-air or b-air.

Top Bottom