• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Edmonton Melee Power Ranking (updated: March 2010)

Regular Hitler

Smash Cadet
Me niether

Bread here:
Calgary wasn't included for obvious reasons. This is an update after August, therefore ADAT2 wasn't considered.
So the most recent major tournament isn't considered on the PR?

wow people this isn't inuit logic here

I'm not saying just because luke beat player a, he's better than player a
V

I'm saying that he's consistently played extremely well and has literally beat every single person in bracket AND placed higher than them except our top 3. how does that not constitute for 4th?
I beat everyone but mike, dan, and carl. I even came close to beating carl last time I played him.

I beat sid twice in a row in brackets, I beat Luke in brackets too.

Yet you guys consistantly assume that I'm not nearly that good.

Although I am not claiming to be better than anyone, By your standards you need to shut the **** up.

edit5: whoops forgot a quote

yeah it also works the other way around

anybody remember youthree last may? I think dan's bracket was like carl first, mike p second LOL
Oh wait, youthree isn't adat2

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
lol bread

when did you ever recently beat dan and mike in tourney? or even carl, for that matter?

also when carl went fox, you got 3-stocked.

as well, beating luke was at adat2 which was forever ago, luke is better now.

but I never said you aren't that good, in fact the main reason I advocated an edmonton pr instead of an alberta one is because nobody from edmonton really knows how good calgary is, and nobody from calgary really knows how good edmonton is, save for maybe sid as he houses calgary a lot.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Brad there was an update already that included ADAT2. Do you not remember? This is an update for everything after ADAT2, excluding Calgary, because we don't know how to rank you guys, cause we don't know how good most of you are.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I have a pretty good idea of how good Calgary is compared to Edmonton players, however I think that a PR with both cities is problematic because we rarely have both parties present at tournaments, which is what a PR is based off of. A separate Edmonton PR makes more sense if you look at it that way.

That and nobody from Calgary really wants to be on a combined PR from what I understand, with good reason.

Also to Bread, youthree was HUGE. You weren't there, but it surprises me how many people show up to that every year. I think the first time they hosted we had close to 30 in the singles bracket.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
I beat everyone but mike, dan, and carl. I even came close to beating carl last time I played him.
lol bread

when did you ever recently beat dan and mike in tourney? or even carl, for that matter?

also when carl went fox, you got 3-stocked.
I'm glad you agree with me? Seriously, if you're gonna argue with me, at least read. I feel no reason to restate my arguement for you ever.

Brad there was an update already that included ADAT2. Do you not remember? This is an update for everything after ADAT2
I'm glad now that another tournament has happened, we can COMPLETELY FORGET EVERYTHING ABOUT THE LAST ONE.

That and nobody from Calgary really wants to be on a combined PR from what I understand, with good reason.
Pretty much this. We don't care about rankings, in the slightest. (Oh wait, Allan does, and so does Kevin, I guess)

MONEY MATCH
ganon marth $10 best of 5
I ban Brinstar
You're (I guess I could say "Your" here too) Marth?

I still don't like MM'ing much, but maybe. Even though I'll lose.

I'd rather have a regular MM, since I don't really play Ganon anymore.

I just realized Ive never, in my entire smash playing career, counter picked with a non-neutral stage lol
I counterpick with stages I like, thats why I always lose at good counterpicks. Like I don't think I've ever really won when I've countered brinstar with ganon, I play it all the time, but I'm not the biggest fan, I just know it works out into a matchup I always have an advantage in (personally) yet I still always lose.

But I always win on my favourite stages, probably cause everyone avoids them.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Nah, I'm pretty sure everyone is down for it. Now it just comes down to who wants to host it and when.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I was thinking the same thing as well.

I think the best time to do it would be over the summer when everyone's free. Especially for something like this where want as many local players as possible. <3

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Probs Red Deer. Maybe Scott or Brent are willing to do this instead of CAST5. That would be bollar.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
That would be pretty sex.

And Jesus you really do lurk a lot Scott. XD

Reading week would probably work. We don't need too much notice ahead of time, as long as it's enough for everyone to book off days at work and stuff.

smarms

Smash Cadet
well I need to get a venue and stuff. I don't know about brent but I figure if we're going to through the trouble of renting a venue and all that we'd just do a full bore tournament to get the most out of our money.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'll consider going if it's during Reading Week or whatever you want to call it.

Though I may want to spend a day or two before at Calgary to be able to practice. If I can get 5th after a day, I think I'll do alright with a weekend before the RR. =)

Would you be cool with housing me Levi for a day or two beforehand so I can get some practice before the actual tournament?

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Round Robins are Young link to old link and they are about as interesting as old link into young link by the time you finish he first three sets.

But whatever, I'm the only one who doesnt like it I spose'

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
QQ
Thats why they want it (well thats why most of them want it)

Top Bottom