• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Easiest Character to Use?

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm trying to find a character for my sister. She usually picks the cutest characters and fails badly. When she uses Kirby she spams the hammer and the rock (easily predicted and punished by me), anyway, I am looking for a character that you can pick up and do well with without knowing advanced techs and/or combos. I know there are really probably no characters in Melee but I need the CLOSEST one, to the point where she can play casually without getting killed. Thanks!

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, thanks! What are some basic (VERY basic) strategies for my sister, I heard peaches downsmash is spammable :p

Tell her to use dash attack when she thinks you won't be shielding
Tell her that spamming turnips makes your spacing game complicated
Tell her that she can offer trades by holding the control stick down and mashing down smash
Tell her how to float. It's easy. Just hold down and jump at the same time to float. She can attack with the Z button and move and float at the same time as long as she's holding X. Maybe, if this is simple enough

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Tell her to use pichu and **** her up
Lol
her mains ARE Kirby and Pichu xD

And thanks everyone!

I will tell her about these strategies, although she MAY not use them because they aren't "cute" like Kirby and Pichu.

Then again, she may.

Is this the same in Project M (same characters/strategies that are easy to use)? I'm going to try and get it because it looks amazing, although I am confused on installing it. (gonna post a forum about it)

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Marth or Peach. I feel like she'll go for Peach since she's pretty close to cute unless you're looking at my modded Melee on my Wii and my White Mart has been replaced by Princess Pink Marth. Yeaaah buddy

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Marth or Peach. I feel like she'll go for Peach since she's pretty close to cute unless you're looking at my modded Melee on my Wii and my White Mart has been replaced by Princess Pink Marth. Yeaaah buddy

I don't really see Peach as "cute"

She probably will choose Peach, though. I don't think she will pick Marth or Sheik, but who knows?

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I don't really see Peach as "cute"

She probably will choose Peach, though. I don't think she will pick Marth or Sheik, but who knows?
That's because you're not a little girl who loves dresses. Bi*ches loves dresses.

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Lol

Yeah, I am trying to get her to use Peach. I need more of a challenge

I get a LITTLE tired of beating her badly constantly when she doesn't know what she's doing. xD

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Lol

Yeah, I am trying to get her to use Peach. I need more of a challenge

I get a LITTLE tired of beating her badly constantly when she doesn't know what she's doing. xD
I've spent some time trying to teach younger kids how to play Melee and the best thing I can tell you is to teach them all of their moves and make sure they know how to use each one of them before getting them to fight or until they feel they just want to play (which won't be long).

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
This reminds me of one time I was playin melee with a couple of my friends, and I asked my girlfriend to tell me what character to use

So she pointed at Kirby

Never let a girl chose who to play in smash bros, they're programmed to pick the ****tiest one

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
Another vote for Puff from me. Or convince her that fox,falco,shiek,peach, marth or falcon is cute and start building potentially the greatest player of all time.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Tell her to pick peach, and hold down on the left stick and spam the right one down. When she learns how to recover for the most part, she'll be able to play casually without dying constantly with that alone.

CodeRed5464

Smash Rookie
Another vote for Marth and Sheik. Maybe the thought of being able to spam Sheik's needles will appeal to her, and she can easily switch over to Zelda whenever she feels like it. Just a few points you can add to back up your case. As for Marth, what's there to say? His attacks are fast and strong, perfect for a casual player.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Shiek has the most intuitive combo game. Peach/ Jiggs will live a long time. Frankly no character is easy to use versus someone who knows how to play.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Easy characters don't exist, there are only characters that keep people from killing themselves (directly or indirectly). Sheik or Marth are quite noob friendly characters that are good at low levels, Peach Fox and Falco are not. Jiggs isn't really either if you don't know about spacing.

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs yo

She's cute, her aerials are easy to use, and she'll remind ur sister of kirby

Peach marth sheik are also good.

Top Bottom