• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The easiest character to get good at.

villa

Smash Rookie
Hmm.. what are the differences between PAL and NTSC when it comes to Sheik, Marth, Falco and the other top tier characters?

ALso, is it possible to chain grab in PAL?

Dragmire

Smash Lord
Ganondorf, Doctor Mario

simple fighting styles, limited approach options.

EDIT: Wait, you're in PAL so Ganon's weaker. So I'd just suggest Doctor Mario.
he's right ganon is much easier to master even though you don't have NTSC that does't make too much of a difference

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
I'd use the hardest character to do advanced techs instead of the easiest. This will make you better when you switch over to a character that it's easier to do them with. The hardest would be Fox, so use him and after you get good at tech skill switch to another character or stick with him.

Shin Virus

Smash Cadet
sheik is the easiest to start off with...but why be just another sheik, go for CF, nevermind that will take a WHILE

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
It really depends on what level you're playing at, and what style of play you use. For example, if you're a FFA, casual environment, I'd recommend Luigi, Spamus, Falco, and Fox. If you're serious, go shiek like everyone else says. Fox and Falco are hella hard in a for-real environment, but for causal smashers, do very well. Luigi is crazy in FFA just because he's EVERYWHERE, but in better competition, you'll play shieks, and an easy charachter to play becomes hard. (Also, in real playing you have to use the rising tornado, which is tough. Very possible, but tough enough for me to quit Luigi. :( ) Samus is good, but she gets tougher to play in advanced competition because of lots of junk you have to do.

Fletch

Smash Master
Don't listen to the people saying Falco, he's one of the hardest characters in the game to pick up and get really good with as he's gimped very easily and requires a lot of tech skill to get a good handle over.

So for easiness, and if you want a top tier character, go with Sheik for sure, although Marth isn't too difficult either and get okay with (not godly). Peach isn't that bad of a choice either so long as you can float-cancel. Just avoid the space animals.

EDIT
Sheik would be a lot harder for you because of the PAL version, just sayin.
Why does that make that much of a difference? IIRC the only changes made to Sheik are weakened U-air, and the fact that you can DI her dthrow much easier, and I can only really see the latter making that much of a difference (it does suck, but Sheik has a lot of other easy stuff besides dthrowing into everything).

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
^^^ all this extra "junk" u speak of is what makes characters better. no one wants to play a character that only uses one move... well... almost no one :)
Well, the extra junk makes characters better, but in a casual environment, you don't need to be able to do samus's swd, and her crazy platform missile tricks, and all that. I'm not saying that one character using one move is the best thing in casual matches. I'm just saying that in a casual setting, several factors that hurt characters and help characters are ignored. Ex: if a shiek is chainthrowing in FFA, it's painfully easy for a Luigi to come up, and dair both of them into oblivion.

And not to disparage anyone, but most people who want to get good quickly and easily aren't planning to go win a tourney. They're probably sick of getting ***** by their friends in a casual setting.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol @ everyone saying Sheik. She's easy to start with, but with Sheik it's hard to break into that next level of skill where you can beat other skilled competitive players. A Sheik is very easy to beat if the player isn't quite at that level, and space animals wreck Sheiks of all levels.

Also, Sheik gets chaingrabbed easily by a lot of characters, and in PAL Sheik can't even cg them back! lol

Adict

Smash Cadet
if i were you id train a lot and stuff with roy seen as roy is slightly harder than marth to use. but if you get good enough with roy, marth will seem like a breath of fresh air and you will have a great feel of his moves since him and roy pretty much share attacks except for the reach and etc.

XmeX565

Smash Cadet
is kirby a bad character?? just wondering because i play with kirby and everyone says its a bad character..??

Fletch

Smash Master
lol @ everyone saying Sheik. She's easy to start with, but with Sheik it's hard to break into that next level of skill where you can beat other skilled competitive players. A Sheik is very easy to beat if the player isn't quite at that level, and space animals wreck Sheiks of all levels.

Also, Sheik gets chaingrabbed easily by a lot of characters, and in PAL Sheik can't even cg them back! lol
I agree with what you said here, but this kid is looking for a character to get good at without having to use a lot of advanced techs, and in that kind of environment, you're not going to have the extremely technical space animals to get ***** by, and Sheik really doesn't have to do much then to beat them, along with every other character. Sans advanced techs, Sheik doesn't really have a bad matchup...

Shinobi22

Smash Rookie
Falco

My friend plays pretty good with Falco. He isn't like hardcore good, but he's still good. With Falco if you know how to do short hop laser and know how each of his moves effect the enemy, with some practice you should be able to know to do in different situations and can get pretty good with him.

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Marth easier to use than Shiek? I find Shiek harder, just because not all of her attacks have a stupidly high priority.

PD: Dragon_Hawk your sig is the definition of win (what if you added the word "FAILURE" at the end =P )

Junpappy

Smash Lord
That's because of his lightweight status.

Don't listen to them, when mastered Kirby is a hellovalot greater then the likes of many.
lol I hope this was a joke. :laugh:

The best Kirby players in the world can't beat Fox players that are only decent....Kirby is one of the worst characters in the game.

yuki

Smash Apprentice
lol I hope this was a joke. :laugh:

The best Kirby players in the world can't beat Fox players that are only decent....Kirby is one of the worst characters in the game.
Obviously you have never played people like Timmy and krazykirbykid... Kirby is way underestimated IMO.
Oh yeah easiest character IMO is mario

trademark0013

Smash Champion
My friend plays pretty good with Falco. He isn't like hardcore good, but he's still good. With Falco if you know how to do short hop laser and know how each of his moves effect the enemy, with some practice you should be able to know to do in different situations and can get pretty good with him.
no

mario is pretty hard

sheik is the hardest character to get real good with actually. easy to use, but theres a lot of stuff u have to kno to get really good with her

again, jigglypuf is the easiest. jus learn spacing and dont miss rests

trademark0013

Smash Champion
well.. u shouldnt miss l cancels.... and dont miss rests as puffs. i also said to learn spacing

that "no" referred to whoever said u can get good with falco knowin what his moves do

basically i dont c what ur tryin to say is wrong with my post yuki

Bacon Man11

Smash Journeyman
I say Marth or Jigglypuff. Just keep spamming ariel's. But every character takes tons of practice before you actually are "good."

yuki

Smash Apprentice
well.. u shouldnt miss l cancels.... and dont miss rests as puffs. i also said to learn spacing

that "no" referred to whoever said u can get good with falco knowin what his moves do

basically i dont c what ur tryin to say is wrong with my post yuki
I thought the no was meant to something else sorry about that. However.
Just not missing Lcanels and learn spacing is hard and the topic is about easy characters to master

Top Bottom