• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The E for All meetup thread

I will be going all four days. I'm a tall skinny white nerdy guy. Good luck picking me out of the crowd!

Though I will be wearing a Super Champ Combo T-shirt on Thursday...
I know what you look like neal, even though you don't know what I look like.

As a matter of fact, i'm going to head to the LA convention center now to get my badge holder.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah, everybody remember to bring your cameras, especially video cameras if you have them. Chances are we will be able to take pictures, I highly doubt that they wouldn't allow it (and even then people will take them anyway)

That way we can get photographic proof to document everything people are asking about.

also, is everybody's nickname that they regestered under that same as their name on this site? mine is.

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
THIS IS WES FROM DA NEEDING HOUSING FOR THIS 4 DAY EVENT ME AND 3 OTHER MEMBERS FROM DA ARE PLANNING TO GO TO THIS SO IF ANYONE CAN PLEASE HELP US WITH HOUSING RERSPOND TO THIS POST ASAP. YOU CAN ALSO EITHER CALL ME ON MY CELL (646)812-1787 OR INSTANT MESSAGE ME ON MY SN: INLOVEWITLIL OR EMAIL ME AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS WHICH IS INLOVEWITLIL@AOL.COM OR CONTACT KUBUU ON AIM, SCREEN NAME KUBUU.

MEMBERS THAT ARE GOING ARE:

KWABENA AMPOFO ( KUBUU)
JASON (HELLFOX)
COMPTON (COMP)
ANTOINE (WES)

AND BELOW IS OUR FLIGHT INFO I LISTED UST ON PERSONS INFO BECAUSE ALL OF US ARE PRETTY MUCH FLYING TOGETHER AND LANDING TOGETHER.

Day Date Flight Status Class City Time Other Cabin
--- ----- --------------- ------ ----- ---------------- ------ ------ -------
Thu 18OCT DELTA 401 OK T LV NYC-KENNEDY 700A M 30C
AR LOS ANGELES 1018A COACH

Sun 21OCT DELTA 410 OK T LV LOS ANGELES 1110P M 37C
AR NYC-KENNEDY 732A# COACH

SO PPL PLEASE HELP US OUT ASAP WITH THIS WE WOULD BE VERY THANKFUL FOR WHO EVER NOMINATES THEM SELVES TO HOUSE US.

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
If there is another thread already on this topic, my apologies.

I know a bunch of people have been posting whether they are attending E for All or not on, various other threads, but I wanted to get a consolidated list of who is going, so we could possibly all meet up during the convention.

yesterday was the last day to preregister, and at the last moment I decided that for me, the chance to play Brawl was too good to pass up, so I decided to go. I'll probably be there Friday, possibly Saturday, and part of Sunday.

Update 10-14

as per requested, here's the names of the people who have posted in this thread saying that they are coming

me (Procrasticritter)
Brockman5
FightingGameGuy
TRC
Eternal phoenix Fire
KashaKunaki
Envy
Gea
Ksadkiller
ThEpEst
N9NE
egruntz
bluebomber22
nealdt
Chill

anybody else who is going and wants to possibly meat up in RL, post on this thread and speak up now.
I really wish I could go, I would LOVE to try out sonic... Too bad I live in South Dakota, lol

distr0ia

Smash Apprentice
We already have Gard, Torch (meaning Blaze aint likely), Jill Drill, Punch-Out dude, S&P character (meaning treasture characters for 64 like Marina may be own by Nintendo) and etc deconfirmed. . . lets see what else in trapped in the ball/ at.
wait a minute, a character from [highlight]Sin and [/highlight]friggin'[highlight] Punishment[/highlight] makes an appearance?

no stuff...that's badass!!

Florida

イーグランツ
Alright, it's official that I'm going to E for All! =D
I'll be the little kid with his mom.

Oh, and, by the way-- my mom's playing Brawl.
Bringing my camera too! :)

iMichael

Smash Lord
Aw, I wish I could go. Black people love me.
It's sad that there's still racist people....LAME!....Yeah he's racist...trust me...the things this dude has said:urg:

BACK TO WHAT'S IMPORTANT

I'll try to be there on all days..playing Mario! and only Mario!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hey another thing that maybe you guys can do.

find differences in the voice acting and what the new characters sound like. it would be nice for people like me to know how the announcer sounds and i've noticed differences of characters like Mario and Peach in their attacks and when they get hit. plus, I've heard Ike sounds like Marth and Roy, in that he has a higher pitched voice, but everytime i see the Fall Conference Video, he sounds like a really deeped voiced character when he taunts. and lastly, hear how Sonic and Zamus sound. i think Sonic has his voice actor, but if Samus is still robotic sounding, but Zamus has Jennifer Hale returning, or Samus AND Zamus have the grunts Hale does in Prime, then that would make me happy.

check for stuff like that, will ya?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
hey another thing that maybe you guys can do.

find differences in the voice acting and what the new characters sound like. it would be nice for people like me to know how the announcer sounds and i've noticed differences of characters like Mario and Peach in their attacks and when they get hit. plus, I've heard Ike sounds like Marth and Roy, in that he has a higher pitched voice, but everytime i see the Fall Conference Video, he sounds like a really deeped voiced character when he taunts. and lastly, hear how Sonic and Zamus sound. i think Sonic has his voice actor, but if Samus is still robotic sounding, but Zamus has Jennifer Hale returning, or Samus AND Zamus have the grunts Hale does in Prime, then that would make me happy.

check for stuff like that, will ya?
Will do general. Andross wont have his way with me!!!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Lawlz

So many nostalgic referances.

:p
hey phoenix,

i read somewhere nintendo will be hosting daily tournaments in brawl. any idea when these tournaments start? In any case, I'll be headin straight for the Nintendo booth as soon as I get in. Ill be the light skinned black guy standing next to a rather large asian (my friend jason) who will most likely be yellin "Yes!!! Yes!!"

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Now that you all know whose going, you can now organize an extremely complex plot to steal the Brawl demo disc(s). Just make sure everybody has very specific roles, and if in a bind, just stick to the plan!
i plan on a feeble attempt at asking for the demo, cant hurt to try.....

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
if anybody wants to meet up, I'll be a short Asian dude wearing a hat from E3 2007, and will probably be either playing Brawl or taking pictures (and video) of other people playing Brawl.

If we're doing the whole silly gamertag thing, I guess I'll be PCR86 or SWF86 or something-else-86.

If Nintendo is doing daily tournaments, somehow I don't think the experience will be like a typical tournament, it will be more a pretty casual thing. There would be so many people entering that you couldn't run it like a typical tournament.

I don't think there's even gonna be a major prize, probably just like everyone who plays gets a shirt or something like that.

oh and I'm mainly going to play as Pokemon Trainer if that option is open to me.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
if anybody wants to meet up, I'll be a short Asian dude wearing a hat from E3 2007, and will probably be either playing Brawl or taking pictures (and video) of other people playing Brawl.

If we're doing the whole silly gamertag thing, I guess I'll be PCR86 or SWF86 or something-else-86.

If Nintendo is doing daily tournaments, somehow I don't think the experience will be like a typical tournament, it will be more a pretty casual thing. There would be so many people entering that you couldn't run it like a typical tournament.

I don't think there's even gonna be a major prize, probably just like everyone who plays gets a shirt or something like that.
alright, how does this gamertag thing work?

yeah the tourney wont really be a tourney at all, but it will be fun.

what day are you going again procras?

Metà

Smash Master
This thread has me so excited about the event, even though I'm not going. Do a good job answering our questions, but don't forget to have fun playing the game. : )

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
alright, how does this gamertag thing work?

yeah the tourney wont really be a tourney at all, but it will be fun.

what day are you going again procras?
friday, most likely saturday, and sunday.

I actually don't know how the gamertag thing works lol

and as for the reason why games conventions are always on on the west coast, is convenience for industry people- most game companies' American headquarters are in California, and its a shorter trip than the east coast for people coming from Japan.

most of the game companies are in California, because the rest of the entertainment industry is in California.

Norcal has Silicon Valley; Socal has Hollywood. Don't mean to brag, but the west coast is essentially, the best place in America to make video games.

hey phoenix,

i read somewhere nintendo will be hosting daily tournaments in brawl. any idea when these tournaments start? In any case, I'll be headin straight for the Nintendo booth as soon as I get in. Ill be the light skinned black guy standing next to a rather large asian (my friend jason) who will most likely be yellin "Yes!!! Yes!!"
Ok then.

Just to let people know, the Nintendo booth is in the main hall of the convention center (Or the west hall).

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Please everyone who is going get lots of footage!!! Especially stages that we haven't seen much of like Eldin Bridge.

JaredGT

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

A brief introduction: my name is Jared and I'm the community coordinator for GameTap. I'm looking for some serious Smash players who are attending E for All and would be down for some (paid) freelance reporting and this looks to be the right spot ;)

I'm wanting to do a story on pretty much what you guys are looking out for: Advanced techniques and do they still exist in Brawl. If you're interested, shoot me a private message or send me an email over at jared.rea@turner.com and we can chat.

Edit: Got it. Thanks for the responses :)

Gea

Smash Master
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Neal I'm coming for you!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Lucky people! You guys should bring your 'cube controllers and ask if you can use it. Good luck in the tournament! Record lots of vids! I want final smashes and alt. costumes! :p

I'm going to be playing the demo as well, except not in L.A, but...Montreal. Hells yea.

Top Bottom