• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Donkey Kong fantasy Moveset!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Well, We all know DK has been in many many videogames... Portraying all sorts of different skills and stuf... Half of which are not portrayed or even made note on the smash games... DK has kinda inherited his move list from like.. the Smash 64, pretty much no changes as to update him to his stuff.. (Except the FInal Smash)

SO just for fun~ Lets come up with some logical new moves he could potentially have (Either because of his size, power, being a monkey, his games.. whatever)

Make sure you say why, and in which moveslot you would put it ^^ try to be descrpitive~

Examples:

Dtaunt: Remember Mario Kart 64? Remeber how DK is in it? Remember that uber crazy maniatical and insanely annoying laugh he does so often? (when he hits you, wins, whatever)
Well... I vote that would be the best Taunt ever!! As far as his posture mhm... He should do some Dance similar to his Ground Pund animatin while doing that laugh >> It'd be badass!

Forward B: Coconut Bazooka!! - DK with a projectile, yeah! Shoots like.. Coconuts... You could be able to charge it, and while dooing it, choose the angle (No storing charge) like the Firecracker item... The coconuts if they whiff should be able to be picked up and do like 10% on throw but have coo knockback... Yay for generating Glidetoss fodder~

o.o I wanna hear your ideas~ Beaver Toss perhaps? <3 (I'll add pics soon)

daisho

Smash Lord
Coconut shooter (have it like an aura sphere charge rather than an arrow) or just shoot rapid fire like thunder jolt. For side b insead of headbutt... have Up B have more vertical recover... thats pretty much top tier.

Mith_

Smash Champion
all i want from him is a wall cling, like squirtle's. that way he could look like king kong. heh.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
I Think his Grab Range is pretty decent for him... WHat would hand-like feet do? Change the throw animations? o-o It'd look kinda funny... But you're right about Wall cling! Can he wall jump? If not, he should... And I doubt he can... Wall jump DK would mean pretty coool recovery and I mean.. He's a Monkey... >> well Gorilla, Diddy is the monkey, but yeah~ some Jungle agility rwar!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if his final smash made him bigger, faster, and stronger too........

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
if we gave headbutt's pitfall abilities to down+b instead of popping them up, then gave him the coconut shooter instead of side+b, then gave him an up+b with better vertical recovery...
they'd be calling for DK to be banned instead of MK
just imagine it... jab -->dtilt -->dtilt -->down+b -->9-wind PAUNCH
0-death on all the lightweights

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
**** ripple, if giga bowser destroys families, imagine what giga dk could destroy...
Extended families.

o.o I wanna hear your ideas~ Beaver Toss perhaps? <3 (I'll add pics soon)
I'm not going to say what I imagine a "beaver" toss being. :p

For his Final Smash, DK should conjure all the Kong family members in assist trophy-ish form and let them tear *** all over the level... and in Coin Match mode, Swanky Kong would knock thrice the normal amount of coins out of opponents lulz

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
the best thing would be vert recovery. it wouldnt be hard at all, and you dont have to change a single move in his set. just make it so that when you're recovering with spinning kong, you mash B to get higher vert (like MK's nado) while sacrificing horizontal recovery (so that its balanced)

or just make his aerial down b his shooting out of a barrel, ala DK 64.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Lol summoning a Barrel a la old school would look completely weird... But yeah, he needs power up for Final smash, after all:

He's the leader of the gang~ You know him well. He's finally back, to kick some Tail! he's Bigger, faster, and stronger too....

But talking realistically... Spinning Kong makes no sense... Why doesn't he vomit?? Although the super armor and stuff are pretty good... If nly that wasn't his only recovery method but just some move... Then he.. coul have... Afrika Jawmp!!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Save it for the SSB4 thread, please. This room is for the actual Donkey Kong in the real smash game. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom