• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Changing names is a Premium feature.
It's not too expensive so it might be worth it.

..it's expensive for my country's currency though. I wanted to change the name to ぱみゅう
:196:

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was wondering about him. It seems like every Duck Hunt main in America(everywhere else idk)has more than 1 main for them to use.
Well, my top favorite characters in SSB4 are :4mario::4drmario::4link::4tlink::4ness::4lucas::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4gaw::4rob:. They are characters I play the most compared to many other characters... but I play Duck Hunt more than all of them combined. :4duckhunt:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, my top favorite characters in SSB4 are :4mario::4drmario::4link::4tlink::4ness::4lucas::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4gaw::4rob:. They are characters I play the most compared to many other characters... but I play Duck Hunt more than all of them combined. :4duckhunt:
Dedication

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wish Nintendo would make Nintendo Land 2... it would have been nice to have a Duck Hunt attraction where we use the Game Pad to aim and shoot ducks, clay pigeons, cans, balloons, etc. It could have been the closest thing we get to a Duck Hunt sequel (Wii Play is okay but it is not the same without the dog).

But what I really want is a game that is like Banjo-Kazooie starring the Duck Hunt Duo and the game takes place in a world inhabited by characters from other NES Zapper games.

Banjo-Kazooie had you collect jigsaw pieces to progress in the game... why not collect the diamonds from Gumshoe to progress in the game?

Banjo-Kazooie had colorful NPCs... why not have the ducks and dogs from Duck Hunt and SSB4 (the recolors), the five outlaws from Wild Gunman, the three gang members and the three civilians from Hogan's Alley, and Mr. Stevenson, his daughter Jennifer, the crime boss King Dom, and the jungle monster Zulie from Gumshoe?

Banjo-Kazooie had various items and power-ups... why not have clay pigeons from Duck Hunt, cans and shooting gallery cutouts from Hogan's Alley, both gray and orange NES Zappers, and items from Gumshoe?

Banjo-Kazooie had several worlds to visit... why not the marshland from Duck Hunt, the wild west town from Wild Gunman, the tactical training facility / shooting gallery from Hogan's Alley, and the various environments from Gumshoe?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wish Nintendo would make Nintendo Land 2... it would have been nice to have a Duck Hunt attraction where we use the Game Pad to aim and shoot ducks, clay pigeons, cans, balloons, etc. It could have been the closest thing we get to a Duck Hunt sequel (Wii Play is okay but it is not the same without the dog).

But what I really want is a game that is like Banjo-Kazooie starring the Duck Hunt Duo and the game takes place in a world inhabited by characters from other NES Zapper games.

Banjo-Kazooie had you collect jigsaw pieces to progress in the game... why not collect the diamonds from Gumshoe to progress in the game?

Banjo-Kazooie had colorful NPCs... why not have the ducks and dogs from Duck Hunt and SSB4 (the recolors), the five outlaws from Wild Gunman, the three gang members and the three civilians from Hogan's Alley, and Mr. Stevenson, his daughter Jennifer, the crime boss King Dom, and the jungle monster Zulie from Gumshoe?

Banjo-Kazooie had various items and power-ups... why not have clay pigeons from Duck Hunt, cans and shooting gallery cutouts from Hogan's Alley, both gray and orange NES Zappers, and items from Gumshoe?

Banjo-Kazooie had several worlds to visit... why not the marshland from Duck Hunt, the wild west town from Wild Gunman, the tactical training facility / shooting gallery from Hogan's Alley, and the various environments from Gumshoe?
I'd rather have a new original Duck Hunt game instead

Duck Hunted

Smash Cadet
Hey bros. Srry i havent been on in a while. But I still main :4duckhunt: and :4diddy:. BUUUUUUUUT i have another new main! guess who it is! (Hint: It is a new ssb4 character)

Last edited:

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Hey bros. Srry i havent been on in a while. But I still main :4duckhunt: and :4diddy:. BUUUUUUUUT i have another new main! guess who it is! (Hint: It is a new ssb4 character)
The brand new Steve Ganondorf*?

*Note: Very similar to Ganondorf, 'cept his names Steve

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
So how do people feel about the new characters announced? I really like Corrin's design so I really wanna try him/her out. As for Bayonetta, she seems cool but I haven't played her games so I'm neutral on her either way. Pretty stoked overall though. Hoping that maybe, just maybe, Falling Clock Tower will see its way into a competitive setting. It's such a dang cool looking stage!

Also, Cloud is pretty rad! Feeels real nice. Recovery sucks though.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
So how do people feel about the new characters announced? I really like Corrin's design so I really wanna try him/her out. As for Bayonetta, she seems cool but I haven't played her games so I'm neutral on her either way. Pretty stocked overall though. Hoping that maybe, just maybe, Falling Clock Tower will see its way into a competitive setting. It's such a dang cool looking stage!

Also, Cloud is pretty rad! Feeels real nice. Recovery sucks though.
Corrin was...alright. I'm mostly indifferent to him/her. Bayonetta is pretty cool though, though I'm excited for her stage than the character herself.

Cloud's pretty fun so far. Shame his recovery isn't all that good, but I guess that's just to balance his great range and decent power.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I'm more mad that Duck Hunt was ignored. So was Jigglypuff. I guess that means Sakurai thinks their current states are alright. That sucks.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am in love with the Smash 4 true final roster!

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4drmario::4yoshi::4wario::4bowserjr::rosalina:
:4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4rob::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja:
:4marth::4myfriends::4feroy::4robinm::4lucina::4corrin:
:4pacman::4ryu::4megaman::4sonic::4cloud::4bayonetta:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink:
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:
:4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:
:4dk::4diddy:
:4samus::4zss:
:4fox::4falco:
:4ness::4lucas:

58 playable characters!!! Compared to Brawl's 39 and Melee's 26... this roster is HUGE!!!

There are so many amazing characters for almost everyone... so many fan favorites... and there are iconic characters and obscure characters... and there are modern characters and retro characters... and most of them are very unique... I love the diversity!!!

Could it have been better? Sure, it could be... but if we added nothing but the popular characters in Smash 4, we would not have enough popular characters left to add in Smash 5. I think it is good that we got a mix of popular characters and unconventional characters.

This roster is so much better than the many cookie-cutter rosters adhering to self-imposed fan rules I saw floating around from 2009 to 2013. I am honestly not surprised that the final roster made so many people happy and so many people salty. I knew the cookie-cutter rosters were not happening because it is impossible to please everyone and Sakurai does whatever he wants and he gives us characters we did not know we wanted them.

So with that said, I am happy the SSB4 speculation is finally finished for good. Now the SSB5 speculation begins...

I hope Duck Hunt comes back in SSB5 with buffs... and I would love a new Duck Hunt stage... maybe based on the Clay Shooting mode along with the past stage Duck Hunt.

I wonder who will be the next retro character after :4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I am in love with the Smash 4 true final roster!

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4drmario::4yoshi::4wario::4bowserjr::rosalina:
:4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4rob::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja:
:4marth::4myfriends::4feroy::4robinm::4lucina::4corrin:
:4pacman::4ryu::4megaman::4sonic::4cloud::4bayonetta:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink:
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:
:4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:
:4dk::4diddy:
:4samus::4zss:
:4fox::4falco:
:4ness::4lucas:

58 playable characters!!! Compared to Brawl's 39 and Melee's 26... this roster is HUGE!!!

There are so many amazing characters for almost everyone... so many fan favorites... and there are iconic characters and obscure characters... and there are modern characters and retro characters... and most of them are very unique... I love the diversity!!!

Could it have been better? Sure, it could be... but if we added nothing but the popular characters in Smash 4, we would not have enough popular characters left to add in Smash 5. I think it is good that we got a mix of popular characters and unconventional characters.

This roster is so much better than the many cookie-cutter rosters adhering to self-imposed fan rules I saw floating around from 2009 to 2013. I am honestly not surprised that the final roster made so many people happy and so many people salty. I knew the cookie-cutter rosters were not happening because it is impossible to please everyone and Sakurai does whatever he wants and he gives us characters we did not know we wanted them.

So with that said, I am happy the SSB4 speculation is finally finished for good. Now the SSB5 speculation begins...

I hope Duck Hunt comes back in SSB5 with buffs... and I would love a new Duck Hunt stage... maybe based on the Clay Shooting mode along with the past stage Duck Hunt.

I wonder who will be the next retro character after :4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:.
Well, I won't say I'm PROUD of ALL of the DLC choices, but I can live with it. Also, the initial roster is GLORIOUS, IMO. If only the Ice Climbers returned...

Furret24

Smash Master
Well, I won't say I'm PROUD of ALL of the DLC choices, but I can live with it. Also, the initial roster is GLORIOUS, IMO. If only the Ice Climbers returned...
Shame that's nothing's perfect huh? Oh well, I'm perfectly content with our current roster as well. :)

eagle_master

Smash Cadet
NNID
roustik
3DS FC
2852-7293-3760
The only character that I'm not that happy for is Corrin (Then again, Robin was kinda of a letdown when I saw her trailer (too much fire emblem xD) and now she's my secondary xD). Also too bad Banjo&Kazooie aren't going to be in :( I was going to main them :/

Furret24

Smash Master
Ok dudes sorry I haven't been on in a while (again). Here are my top three mains-Villager, Duck Hunt, and Jigglypuff
This thread always seems to be barren. :/

My top three mains- Yoshi, Duck Hunt, and Game and Watch.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
My Top 3 Mains Thus Far (Coincidentally, it's also in the order of when I started being able to play as them, since I started out on the 3DS, because unlock requirements :\): :4bowserjr:, :4duckhunt:, :4ryu:

As of late, :4cloud: (When's HE going to show up in one of the Weekly Conquests? I hope it's sooner than 2 months, so he can avoid the :4mewtwo: Curse. At least he's got the World Heroes Perfect (Neo Geo MVS/AES) styled Limit Break meter that Ryu SHOULD'VE HAD TOO~), :4robinm: (Speaking of Conquests, he's in it this week~), and :4shulk:(A buff list the size of what he got last year? YES, please!) have been quite high on my secondaries list as of late. If anyone's going to have a shot at potentially breaking my personal "3 Mains at Most" rule here, it's likely going to be the upcoming :4bayonetta:, because she's probably going to be the closest we'll get to having the kind of legit air combos that are reminiscent of Melty Blood, Guilty Gear, Wonderful World, and of course-- <MVC2!Yipes> "MAHVEL BAYBEE!1" 8D

It helps that I'm utterly enamored by the hour-long extended loop of "Tomorrow is Mine" that someone on YT posted (which is playing right now, as of this part of the making of this post)~ Enough to fantasize about 2 of my Yoshi fancharacters (1 male & 1 female, making them a Battle Couple~ :D) being in super slick, highly stylized, and big budgeted (we're talking beyond 1080p Blu-Ray quality here!) action sequences against hordes of Bowser's NUMEROUS cronies (from the lowly Koopa Troopas to even the Koopalings) with phenomenally SMOOTH fight choreography, unusually high amounts of glee from the Yoshi duo that would be quite fitting of folks like Warachia from Melty Blood & Eva-Beatrice from Umineko no Naku Koro ni.... *Blushes bright red* and a surprising amount of tailshots from both Yoshies (equal opportunity!), since pulling off some of those really cool-looking maneuvers will very likely require them (and us!) to forgo modesty, if it were to be animated without teasingly nauseating the audience with rapidly changing camera angles (We're talking the 1st half of Moulin Rouge that Nostalgia Critic once reviewed here, where said angles changed every few seconds!) with the intent of censoring their backsides that aren't even showing anything E-Sports unfriendly at all anyways. X3

In the interest of sparking some sort of activity, I suppose I'll share these 3 self-RP scenes that I did here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-conquest-thread.390400/page-6#post-20541172
Scroll down that thread for the rest of the original versions:
2nd: Green Team
The Mother Boys and ROB will be leading them, with Ness and possibly ROB taking the forefront. Palutena's tagging along--

(They took away Lightweight's Infinite Renewal Glitch that made her so GDLK-- no, better, worthy of the title of the Goddess of Light with platforms! AND they made her Explosive Flame fully blockable! How could they do this to her!? She NEEDED those to compete against the top tiers!)

Peace, Pink Friday Hunt. They had to be fixed, because those were unintentional.

*Groans!* (It's just not fair!)

To everyone else who have to fight her, yes, it definitely wasn't fair. That's likely why those moves were fixed in this patch.

<RL Me> If the DH boards or some other place opens up a moment for Customtena to be brought up, it's possible that I'll get to gush on about her high value as a teammate, and I'll probably let you do the gushing, Pink Friday Hunt. Besides, Explosive Flame does more damage now.

(Now THAT I can get hype for!)

<RL Me> *Walks away in a comedically slow fashion, humming about how "He got dat Puppy Love~"*
"Sooo Splooshi, you gonna rep Alphimar like you would normally do?"

<RL Me> *Grins* Nope. His track record's pitiful. He's allied with NONE of the crew that practically carried him to his 1 win this week.

(Wario, then? Heavyweights tend to do pretty well in FG Anywhere~)

<RL Me> Not him either~ Though he DOES have the best chance at defeating my chosen candidate for this week.... :p

"You don't mean...."

(SPLOOSHI NO!!)

*Cue "Shadows of the Labyrinth" by Shoji Meguro from the Persona 4 Arena OST*

<RL Me> *Calmly smirks* "Come on down, Asterius." *A black Luma descends* "This will be your week to shine."

Points So Far: 4 points on Wii U and 10 points on 3DS, BOTH for Rosalina & Luma!

*GASPS!*

(Stop it Splooshi! You're scaring me!)

<RL Me> *Giggles* Where was THAT reaction to me repping Sanic earlier?

"My presence alone during that week can explain that, Splooshi."

<RL Me> >:3

(Embrace the dark side for this week, Splooshi. This will be Rosalina's best chance at winning a Conquest in a LONG while. The only one who can stop her this week is Wario, and I'm certain that the Luma-commanding princess has a much bigger following than that goofy fatty, despite him being around since the early 90's.)

<RL Me> *Maniacally laughs!*

(I can't take this anymore!)

(PLEASE NERF HER, CLOUD PATCH!!) *Is now GONE from this post!*

<RL Me> *Sports a rather twisted smile* Funny that YOU would be the one running away, Odie Hunt. All 3 participants this week are YOUR bad MUs that YOUR boards have generally agreed upon to be the case. Plus, if anyone's going to get nerfed by that patch, it'll most likely be Sheik and MAYBE ZSS.

"I hope that he'll be back next week."

<RL Me> I trust that he will. He might even get buffed when he does. For now, let us take our leave, Asterius. We've got some notable players like Dabuz & AceStarThe3rd, and their tech to review for this week, such as Lunar Landings and post-full-hop Side B mixups.... *Departs in stride with the black Luma following suit while elegantly giggling like Miss Droopy-Tan....*
*Cue this lengthy 6 minute fan remix of FE Fates/If's Main Theme that I've been hooked on since... earlier today when I found it*

(I'm back~ Anything good for me or bad for her this patch?)

<RL Me> See? Told ya he'd be back next week. However, I regret to inform you that nothing happened to you OR Miss Eddie this patch. :|

(WHAT!?)

<RL Me> ... As far as I'm aware, according to the Official 1.1.3 Patch Notes as of right here right now:
http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-3-patch-notes.425921/

(They left me and her normal moves alone in the last patch too....)

<RL Me> There's still hope for you yet in the upcoming BayoCorrin patch. :o

(I Dunno... Bro, you won't abandon me, will you? My board has been barren over the last few weeks, and folks have been saying that I'm in the lower half of the tear list...)

<RL Me> As the 2nd of the 2 mains that got me to LIKE Sm4sh in the 1st place last year, with Jr being the 1st--
... My sentiments towards the idea of dropping you, exactly, as hilariously over-the-top, hammy, and misinterpretable as it is. X3 Also, nice puns for both the tier list and DunnoBro, despite neither him nor me actually being your bro. X)

Odie Hunt: (Splooshi!) *Runs over to Splooshi (i.e. RL Me) and hugs him*

<RL Me> *Hugs back* OHyou're being SO moe right now~! *Has a heart coming out of his head, Animal Crossing style* The above song is definitely helping you out with that too~ *Squees!*

Odie Hunt: *Has tears welling up in his eyes, making them shimmer* (Will you still be maining me when Corrin & Bayonetta come out?)

<RL Me> Yes! Since I've unlocked you last year (Should've been available from the start, dag nabbit!), I've mained you. I've written up quite a number of posts involving you for half a year, so I'd be down with continuing to main you.

Odie Hunt: (Thank you!) *Hugs him tighter as he quietly lets his tears flow*

<RL Me> The moe charm points you're exhibiting right now, they're so stronk! If the above song, your shimmering eyes, and a Visual Novel format were to mix together, it would make for a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming! *Squees upon imagining that combination happening!*

Odie Hunt: (Characterization beyond a giggling troll? That'd....) *Is speechless about the countless possibilities, so he just licks Splooshi's face while continuing to shed more tears, albeit at a lower frequency*

<RL Me> *Is face-licked* X> Woah, watch the glasses.

Odie Hunt: *Sheepishly smiles* (Whoops.)

<RL Me> Well, at the very least, I'll still main you. Anyways, I suppose we can resume our Regularly Scheduled Programming now. That is, right after I do this: *Stops hugging Odie Hunt and gently puts him down*

Odie Hunt: *Has a nearly dry face at this point*

<RL Me> *Wipes away the last of Odie Hunt's tears... and holds onto them* As crazy as this may look, I'm actually going to be needing those for something very soon.

Odie Hunt: *Sports a big smile* (Thanks.)

I'll admit, writing that whole scene above was incredibly fun. :) That remix I shared above DEFINITELY inspired it, since it was playing the whole time I was writing it. :D Speaking of writing, I actually DO have a fanfic under production right now, and it's over 50% done (or at least I think it is) by the name of Shimmering Eyes: Revisiting the Social Liquid Boundary (title and fic itself pending), but I'm not sure if this is the place for me to disclose too many details surrounding that. I can at least assure all of you that the Liquid in that title will be quite friendly to E-Sports, for it's actually referring to...

*Licks the last of Odie Hunt's tears that he was holding onto until now* THAT bitter-tasting liquid, which is genuinely of the Emotional variety. If it tasted sweet, then it'd be of the Reflex variety that irritants like onion peeling would cause. As crazy as this may sound, not only were my last 2 sentences about the tear types scientifically backed by numerous sources (search engines will likely link you to numerous medical sites telling you what I just mentioned within seconds), but the differences WILL play a role in that fanfic, however little that role may be. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'll even actually finish that fic, but the idea is at least out there in the public now.
Would any of those fanfics feature any version of DH? As of right here right now, surprisingly, no. Consider the above scenes to be a taste of what my writing style would be like in a (fan)fic, IF I were to finish any of them. I DO have some WIP samples of a few scenes to share if anyone's interested.

Last edited:

Duck Hunted

Smash Cadet
Ok I got a Wii U finally. I have been really into collecting amiibos recently. Here are the ones I have- Mega Man, Link, Toon Link, Greninja, Pikachu, Yoshi, Wool Yoshi Green, Chibi Robo, Duck Hunt, Game and Watch, Rob, Lucario, Mewtwo, Pixilated Mario Standard color, and Pac Man.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ok I got a Wii U finally. I have been really into collecting amiibos recently. Here are the ones I have- Mega Man, Link, Toon Link, Greninja, Pikachu, Yoshi, Wool Yoshi Green, Chibi Robo, Duck Hunt, Game and Watch, Rob, Lucario, Mewtwo, Pixilated Mario Standard color, and Pac Man.
Did you steal these, or are you hella rich?

Top Bottom