• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Damn. A clip exists! I'm so anxious to see what kind of normal and special moves Sakurai gifted to "Duck Hunt".

My god... I cannot believe it's really going to happen... I'm really going to be able to play as my #1 most wanted character soon? I don't have to keep dreaming... I'm really going to start making memories... it's no longer a fantasy but a reality.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
It's so awesome to see the huge increase in supporters after this leak. I guess people don't know they like a character until it's confirmed ;)

I can't wait to main him, and I love that the Duck could be equally as important as the Dog. I actually like the name "Duck Hunt" as well, as I think it will capture the essence of the game.
Haha, seems like you're a dog person (looking at your sig :p)...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
...I can't get over this. This is so freaking cool. @ Arcadenik Arcadenik , congratulations on your hard work, I think it actually reached Sakurai and scored you a victory. I think the inclusion of the dog is something nobody expected, but a lot of people wanted. I'm glad that he's finally recognized as a Nintendo All-Star and is among the greats at last. In fact, I wrote a small parody of "It's Raining Men" to honor the hound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvzLGlaCoRM

*clears throat*

"Hi!"
"We're your leakers, and do we have some news for YOU!"
"You better listen!"
"Get ready, all you Smashers, and leave those Ridley debates at home!"

Hype levels will be rising (mmm, rising)
Expectations getting low (How low, man? Gematsu low?)
According to our sources (what sources? The ESRB?)
Smash 4's the place to go (damn early Japanese release...)
'Cause tonight for the first time
you pull out your well-earned bucks
For the first time in Smash history
It's gonna start raining ducks! (The Duck Hunt Dog)

*laughs*

IT'S RAINING DUCKS
HALLELUJAH
IT'S RAINING DUCKS
AMEN
I'm gonna go out and buy myself a new
Smash Bros. for the 3DS

It's raining ducks!
Hallelujah!
It's raining ducks!
Every specimen
Smart, cute, quick and lean
Blue and White, Purple or Green

Thank you Based Sakurai, he's a retro gamer too
He took off to Namco, and he did what he had to do
He just checked his Twitter
Saw this Arcadenik guy
So now all of the supporters get lifted up so high

Oh it's Duck Hunt Dog YEAH!

-end song-

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here periodically!

Last edited:

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Damn. A clip exists! I'm so anxious to see what kind of normal and special moves Sakurai gifted to "Duck Hunt".

My god... I cannot believe it's really going to happen... I'm really going to be able to play as my #1 most wanted character soon? I don't have to keep dreaming... I'm really going to start making memories... it's no longer a fantasy but a reality.
There's a clip of Duck Hunt? That's good to hear cause I was kinda disappointed that there was no gameplay of him in the leaked vids.

Haha, how you feel right now is how I felt when Pacman was confirmed. It feels really good to know that your most wanted character is in. =)

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

You know, after the whole depressing Toad mess it's so good to see you actually get your most wanted character, sometimes you just have to go through some rough patches to dig up the gold.

Anyways, I'm neutral on DHD, but I do consider him a great choice for an NES rep. I'm very interested in seeing how he plays, I'd like for him to stay quadrupedal the entire time personally.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Congrats guys as far as I'm concerned one of the best penultimate retro reps has made his way into Smash and I can't wait to see what he plays like!

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Soooo hyped to see the little guy in action. I can't wait to see how he fights.

So, what do you guys think of his redesign in this game? Personally, I love it. He looks really cute than he did before, which makes him more charming in my opinion. He looked okay before.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Soooo hyped to see the little guy in action. I can't wait to see how he fights.

So, what do you guys think of his redesign in this game? Personally, I love it. He looks really cute than he did before, which makes him more charming in my opinion. He looked okay before.
He isn't little. He ain't a puppy, boy. :p

Well yeah, I love the new look. As I've said before, it's very "western cute". I like the Huckleberry Hound half-closed eyes and the stuck out tongue. Gives him a nice derpy face. :p

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
He isn't little. He ain't a puppy, boy. :p

Well yeah, I love the new look. As I've said before, it's very "western cute". I like the Huckleberry Hound half-closed eyes and the stuck out tongue. Gives him a nice derpy face. :p
I know DHD isn't a puppy, lol. But he should be much smaller than the greater majority of the cast; he's probably about the same size as Pikachu. That's what I was basing that "little guy" comment off of.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I dunno about Pikachu-sized...maybe somewhere between Ivysaur and Villager would be more appropriate considering how the Dog looked before.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Ivysaur and Villager aren't much bigger than Pikachu, though. I'm not saying he'll be exactly as small as Pikachu, just that he'll probably be around the same size. He could be slightly smaller than Little Mac or Villager, but either way he'll still be little and still be around the same size as Pikachu, lol.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
What do you think will be the palette swaps of Duck Hunt?

Will they be based around other Retro titles? Or will he use NintenDOGS-esque breeds. Like Dalmatian?

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Yeah, there would just be something...off if the Dog was a Dalmatian or something instead of being a...a...uh...what breed is he to begin with again? Blood Hound? :p

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is Duck Hunt, not Duck Hunt Dog
What do you think will be the palette swaps of Duck Hunt?

Will they be based around other Retro titles? Or will he use NintenDOGS-esque breeds. Like Dalmatian?
I'd prefer only recolors tbh. I want a black Dog with a red Duck if possible.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Talking about General Pepper and Wild Gunman alts? Already beat you to it by 2 years... this is on the second post in the first page.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Real Talk : Why did Sakurai choose Duck Hunt over Takamaru, Mach Rider (if not confirmed), Prince Sablé, etc... ?
More potential, probably, the most cute of all, surely, but for what othe reasons do you think Sakurai chose him ?

In my opinion, Sakurai chose him due to his iconic game, and also the move set that probably allows to diversity, as well as the fact that... He is a Dog, dammit ! It's even more WTF than a 2D character as G&W or a toy like R.O.B. !

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Real Talk : Why did Sakurai choose Duck Hunt over Takamaru, Mach Rider (if not confirmed), Prince Sablé, etc... ?
More potential, probably, the most cute of all, surely, but for what othe reasons do you think Sakurai chose him ?

In my opinion, Sakurai chose him due to his iconic game, and also the move set that probably allows to diversity, as well as the fact that... He is a Dog, dammit ! It's even more WTF than a 2D character as G&W or a toy like R.O.B. !
The Dog is a troll, Sakurai's a troll, it's just kindred souls for trolls is all. :troll:

Last edited:

Sagashi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sagashi
Hmm, we need to figure out more trolls to try to get Sakurai to put in the next Smash game. We've already got the main 2 I can think of in Palutena and DHD, but who else?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes! We need a new animated emoticon of the 8-bit DHD laughing! How do we get the mods to make it happen?

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Anyone "hound" any footage of the dog in action?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Anyone hound any footage of the dog in action?
Nope. :( @vaanrose said one of the leakers has a 4 second video of DHD in action... something about the dog running on all fours and ducks riding on the dog's back... but said leaker didn't leak it. I really hope it's a video of DHD as a playable character and not as an Assist Trophy.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Nope. :( @vaanrose said one of the leakers has a 4 second video of DHD in action... something about the dog running on all fours and ducks riding on the dog's back... but said leaker didn't leak it. I really hope it's a video of DHD as a playable character and not as an Assist Trophy.
What do you mean dhd is confirmed playable

Todays potd seals the deal its about spectator mode and the potd matches some details on the leak pictures screens.

So DHD is playable can't wait

Eventually ITS PAY BACK TIME.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I've always called the dog "Rover", just because it's the most generic dog name ever.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Don't Worry. He is on the CSS.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Nope, he's all but confirmed playable! So he moves on all fours, and the ducks are on his back instead of following behind him-interesting.

Top Bottom