• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of swords, do you guys think they’d go with his material blades or two generic swords?

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking it'll most likely be the generic looking swords, though the material blades might be what they pick if the final smash is his mystic arte, which can only be performed with the material blades in symphonia.

D

Deleted member

Tbf, the DQ Heroes use in Smash their best weapons from their respective games.

So maybe Lloyd takes a similar route too.

amageish

Smash Master
He'd probably use his standard swords for most of his gameplay, with material blades possibly appearing in a Final Smash cutaway.

Tbf, the DQ Heroes use in Smash their best weapons from their respective games.

So maybe Lloyd takes a similar route too.
True, though Joker uses the Black Kogatana from P5 - which is neither his starting weapon or his ultimate weapon (his Final Smash shows the rest of the Thieves using their ultimate weapons though).

I think Smash just uses the weapon most commonly depicted in official artwork, regardless of power level... The only expection I can think of is Corrin getting the Omega Yato instead of the regular Yato.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I like the Material Swords. They're distinct looking and are tied to a nice character moment with him. I think they'd go with those.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
im still boggled on what the book icon could mean for a Tales rep
that said, December is also the 10th anniversary of Tales of Graces' original release
we might get another remaster with that too maybe.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
im still boggled on what the book icon could mean for a Tales rep
that said, December is also the 10th anniversary of Tales of Graces' original release
we might get another remaster with that too maybe.
I just hope we get a symphonia port sometime soon. My old crt is essentially unusable so I cant play it again until I find a new one

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm taking it with a grain of salt. He talked about Double Dragon being more likely as the Arc System's rep in my Gamefaqs thread for Sol Badguy.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
As much as I want Lloyd, Verge doesn't only talk about games that have something coming to smash… this is a big reach considering his comment on that thread is not even teasing at all, he is just talking about how some games in the franchise are recommendable for people. This is just smash community taking anything as a hint, lol. That aside, yeah, I do still want Lloyd. Him, Dante and Sora are my top 3 wants atm.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
never mind the fact that even if vergeben has information, at this point he gets it much later than sabi does

volbound1700

Smash Master
I don't really want him that much but I expect that Lloyd is the most likely character for FP5. This FP has been very Japanese-centric to date and that will just fit the theme. Banjo was really the only highly requested Western character in the mix. Still, I will root him on and be excited for you guys if he makes it. We could have worse picks! Go Lloyd.

amageish

Smash Master
Verge is also just a dude who likes video games... I don't think him discussing Tales of is likely to be him priming people for a reveal, but just him demonstrating good taste in video games.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
yeah its bad enough people do that "everything is a hint" thing with sakurai, i dont think we need to be doing that for someone with secondhand information, even if they're consistently accurate.

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
Verge talked about the Tales of series in a gamefaqs smash thread yesterday.
I'm a dedicated follower of all his messages on gamefaqs, doing so for several months. He speaks of a lot of games. The majority of his interventions doesn't concern leaks. As said above, he's a dude who likes videogames.

Though, it's funny how people react about this peculiar message just because he talks about Tales of. That means all eyes are turned towards Lloyd. Expecting him as the FP5 is not just extrapolation from his fanbase. He's seen as a serious contender.

never mind the fact that even if vergeben has information, at this point he gets it much later than sabi does
True. But it's better to have two sources saying the same thing. Vergeben has a solid resume as a leaker, so I don't think he will juste piggyback without having information of his own.

But nevermind that. Did you guys saw this tweet from The Game Awards ?

Looks like FP5 being announced at the TGA is more than a speculation, now.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I doubt it means definitively that TGA will have a character. It's just reminiscing on one of the, if not the highlight of TGA last year, attracting more viewership by bringing those memories back

amageish

Smash Master
But nevermind that. Did you guys saw this tweet from The Game Awards ?

Looks like FP5 being announced at the TGA is more than a speculation, now.
TGA has started tweeting highlights as a way to promote the nominee announcements that are happening tomorrow. Joker's reveal was one of the biggest highlights last year, so I'm not surprised it was one of the first moments they chose to tweet.

Like, you can speculate that this is them hinting at a reveal, but this is speculation by definition haha.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
I could see a character being revealed then, I’m definitely not expecting a announcement before December anyway.

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
Ah, c'mon guys ! First my dedication to Lloyd's support was questioned because of my pessimism, and now you ruining my hope after I jumped in the TGA's annoucement bandwagon... Why U 8 mii ?

I'm joking of course.
You're right though. It's no news that any game companies or events take advantage of the Super Smash hype in order to gain visibility. It happend quite a lot in fact, like for this "epic crossover" tweeted by Nicalis with a totally new 3D model for Quote. They knew what they were doing, that's for sure.

D

Deleted member

For the record, sorry about the one guy who tried saying KOS-MOS was a lock without any solid evidence. I swear most KOSMOS fans aren't like that.

Also put me on the support list. Lloyd's cool and so is Tales of Symphonia. Gamecube classic growing up.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
For the record, sorry about the one guy who tried saying KOS-MOS was a lock without any solid evidence. I swear most KOSMOS fans aren't like that.

Also put me on the support list. Lloyd's cool and so is Tales of Symphonia. Gamecube classic growing up.
yeah, i don't see anything supporting KOS-MOS, my dream Namco choice, as a guranteed inclusion like Erdrick and Incineroar was in terms of rumor speculation.
not good to get cocky either, like that one idiot trying to do the same on Lloyd on 4chan's video game board

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I think my most wanted namco choice would be lloyd , and my "dream" choice would be Klonoa… no pun intended :p

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
All Smashboards users, the Game of the Year nominees have been revealed, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is on there! (Plus a nominee for best fighting game.)

Everyone, PLEASE vote for Smash, we all know the countless hours of love and passion poured into the game. Sakurai and his team deserve these awards. Please, pass this around wherever you can and spread the word! Let's all show Sakurai how grateful we are for all him and his team have done for us!

Best Fighting Game:
https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1196848900977545217?s=19

Game of the Year:
https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1196838294392332289?s=19

(Of course, if you feel like another game should win these categories you do you, but for those who don't... please vote!)

Gigaeel

Smash Rookie
Less than a month out from the expected/assumed reveal of FP5. Im getting antsy with all this Tales info we havent gotten anything concrete about yet. Those icons are still MIA as far as i know. I heard someone mention they were for a mobile game but nothing beyond that or even pictures as proof. Lloyds mii costume is still not added. But the same can be said for heihachi and gil so that only points to a namco rep. But i believe.

I really hope Namco & Nintendo pull through and give us the red boy after teasing us so long. Starting to feel like a Geno fan lol

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Less than a month out from the expected/assumed reveal of FP5. Im getting antsy with all this Tales info we havent gotten anything concrete about yet. Those icons are still MIA as far as i know. I heard someone mention they were for a mobile game but nothing beyond that or even pictures as proof. Lloyds mii costume is still not added. But the same can be said for heihachi and gil so that only points to a namco rep. But i believe.

I really hope Namco & Nintendo pull through and give us the red boy after teasing us so long. Starting to feel like a Geno fan lol
there was only one person who said they could be for a mobile game, but it's just speculation. we have no way of knowing what it's for, but it's too weirdly stylized for an actual tales of game

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Everything’s lining up pretty well for Lloyd so my hopes are still high.

I was talking with a friend and the topic of the trademarked logos came up and had us wondering - up until now, every character and mii costume used the logo from their own respective games. There’s always the possibility that it could change but I wanted to get some opinions on this.

what do you guys think?

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman

I was talking with a friend and the topic of the trademarked logos came up and had us wondering - up until now, every character and mii costume used the logo from their own respective games. There’s always the possibility that it could change but I wanted to get some opinions on this.

what do you guys think?
I'm thinking if it was just the costume, they'd use the symphonia logo, not a general logo that fits the series as a whole.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913

what do you guys think?
Lloyd's probably going to use the Tales of Symphonia logo in his reveal trailer, but the Tales of Series logo could be for Tales mii costumes instead

Last edited:

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Lloyd's probably going to use the Tales of Symphonia logo in his reveal trailer, but the Tales of Series logo could be for Tales mii costumes instead
Possibly...the logo is one I could see being used on the music select screen and what not but the pattern for mii costumes has usually been game series logo -> character costume rinse and repeat.
Regardless I’m still rooting for my boy just had a thought.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Possibly...the logo is one I could see being used on the music select screen and what not but the pattern for mii costumes has usually been game series logo -> character costume rinse and repeat.
Regardless I’m still rooting for my boy just had a thought.
yeah you're right, it's been game series logo usually, the main exception having been the Persona costumes and the Veronica costume. For the rest of the DQ costumes they were under the "Dragon Quest" logo, even though the Erdrick costume's namesake is the Hero from Dragon Quest 1

Hence why it's Tales of Series

Last edited:

CrossDispatcher

Smash Cadet
As someone who has just recently started playing & enjoying Tales of Symphonia, I would love to be counted as a supporter for Lloyd!

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
welcome to the lloyd thread! i only played tales of symphonia for the first time earlier this year so im also a relative newcomer to this character

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
The absence of Bandai-Namco Mii costumes, the unused Tales icons, Scott Menville working under an NDA... Are the stars aligning??

That was rhetorical, not looking to argue here.

Given that I've wanted Lloyd in Smash pretty much since the Brawl days, I'm a but late to the party, but I'll throw in my support as well

Gigaeel

Smash Rookie
The absence of Bandai-Namco Mii costumes, the unused Tales icons, Scott Menville working under an NDA... Are the stars aligning??

That was rhetorical, not looking to argue here.

Given that I've wanted Lloyd in Smash pretty much since the Brawl days, I'm a but late to the party, but I'll throw in my support as well
And Sabi's still unknown "Tales info" thats coming. I think it was Sabi anyway. I know a credible leaker said something about Tales info. Hopefully at TGA or a Tales event

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
And Sabi's still unknown "Tales info" thats coming. I think it was Sabi anyway. I know a credible leaker said something about Tales info. Hopefully at TGA or a Tales event
I did first then he followed up. The info came from our NoA source. We just dont know what it will be or when. Im guessing soon like that because we dont get to hear stuff too far from happening anyway.

Top Bottom