• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~~The December 3rd Update~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I don't think it will matter on Dec. 3rd. Will just get a regular ol update.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
My prediction will be a long movie or two, kind of like the long movie that's on the SSBM game. A good preview of every character, the stages, items, final smashes, music, and options. That'd be sweet.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
well, to all of you who think december 3rd is just going to be a regular update, i have prepared a big "suck my left nut" to all of whom i prove wrong :)

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't expect anything special on December 3rd. Just like any other "special day".

rayecho

Smash Ace
well, to all of you who think december 3rd is just going to be a regular update, i have prepared a big "suck my left nut" to all of whom i prove wrong :)
i hope its a 3 page long speech about how much your right and how people doubted your wisdom. lol

Somasu

Smash Ace
I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm gonna laugh when he does something.. and inside the update says "Don't you just wish you were playing it right now?!?!"

I don't want Mega Man announced, though =( So far, every 3rd party character announced has come with some form of game delay xD

Snake with the fact that we wouldn't be getting Brawl on the Wii release date.
Sonic with the delay to Feb. 10th. D:

Also, just to say, the above is kinda sarcasm. I don't really believe that a Mega Man update would happen just to cover for a delay.

Captain J

Smash Rookie
RIDLEY!!!

Ridley was a man... er, I mean... he was a dragon-man... or maybe he was just a dragon... but he was still RIDLEY!!!

Aye, that would do it.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
December 3rd, 2007

There is no character update.

No stage update.

No game mode, item, how to play, or music update.

Just a blue button, a red button, and an embed video file that reads "Click Me First"

After clicking on the video file, a video of Sakurai staring at the screen starts playing.

"Hello. If you are watching this, then you probably are a devoted Smash Bros. fan that has been following these updates from the beginning.

I want to tell you... that what is coming for this game may be too awesome. And I mean too awesome for your tiny human mind to even comprehend. So I'm giving you two choices.

If you press the blue button, this whole website disappears, and you wake up in your bed wondering if this whole series of games ever existed... but if you press the red button, you keep watching the updates, and I'll show you how far will this game really go..."

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
December 3rd, 2007

There is no character update.

No stage update.

No game mode, item, how to play, or music update.

Just a blue button, a red button, and an embed video file that reads "Click Me First"

After clicking on the video file, a video of Sakurai staring at the screen starts playing.

"Hello. If you are watching this, then you probably are a devoted Smash Bros. fan that has been following these updates from the beginning.

I want to tell you... that what is coming for this game may be too awesome. And I mean too awesome for your tiny human mind to even comprehend. So I'm giving you two choices.

If you press the blue button, this whole website disappears, and you wake up in your bed wondering if this whole series of games ever existed... but if you press the red button, you keep watching the updates, and I'll show you how far will this game really go..."
Only a fat goose would click the blue button. :p

I love that idea. :chuckle: :laugh:

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
something new... like a quadruple update! has that ever happened?
something like...

Captain Falcon
Captain Falcon Joins the Brawl!
Captain Falcon's special moves
F-Zero track

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
then Captain's return is feasible on Dec. 3, because you need at least 6, but I'm being minimalist. I'd crash the entire site for the amount of updates Chuck Norris would need.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
My guess is that it will be the starting roster, because it might only be one more person and that one magazine-can't remember name- claims that they will tell it Dec. 15.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
i have a theory.
there is an everybody's Nintendo Channel that released in japan that has had DS demo downloads and DS content as well as Wii demos and content. <<lets hope so.

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
"how to Recover part 2!"
"Rofl just kidding guys"

"heres the starting roster!" and/or "the last third party character is ______!"

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
i have a theory.
there is an everybody's Nintendo Channel that released in japan that has had DS demo downloads and DS content as well as Wii demos and content. <<lets hope so.

So many have said this already, its cale Wiiware (I think), and there are still no confirmations of a US release. Also, with the Wii's limited space, a demo would never fit on it.

Conner

Smash Journeyman
I'm expecting this :

•Final 3rd party character
•_________ Joins the brawl!
•_________ Special Moves
•_________ Final smash

Yes, I'm hoping 4 a quadruple update. Fill in the blanks with Megaman FTW!

Roy4theBrawl

Smash Cadet
Ha...knowing Sakurai.

Y-you could have been playing this today.....oh well..just wait a bit longer

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
something new... like a quadruple update! has that ever happened?
something like...

Captain Falcon
Captain Falcon Joins the Brawl!
Captain Falcon's special moves
F-Zero track
yes, it's happened.

Snake
Snake joins the brawl!
MGS4 love theme
Snake: special moves

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
"Today is December 3rd. Let us bow in rememberance of those who got laid off by Sakurai and the sweet goodness that is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, amen."

finalark

SNORLAX
It probably wont be anything special.

Or if we are lucky, it'll be...

Super special awesome! Or something sadingly (yes, I just made a word) obvious like todays Widescreen update.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
i really doubt there's any kind of 'special meaning' and specific orders for how they update. if it was a cool update because of the 3rd it would be cool just because they decided to. i don't think there's any crazy theories behind how they decide. besides, with all the insanely lame updates the past few weeks, my anticipation has somewhat shrunk anyway. i still want the game incredibly badly, but with all the lackluster updates there's been nothing to get me all pumped, so i havn't thought about it much.

seriously, widescreen mode as an update? that's something that's standard these days in games. i wouldn't count it as a full fledged feature brawl decided to include...

RedKnight

Smash Ace
And I quote...

Sakurai said:
And...

There’s a method for powering yourself up as needed to do battle with the Subspace Army—a method that has not been seen before.

I’ll explain this in great detail another time.
-Masahiro Sakurai, Oct. 5, 2007, Smash Bros. DOJO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom