• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~~The December 3rd Update~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
as im sure many of you know, the new characters sakurai is realeasing is in a set order. 3 characters are released every other month. The first new character is on the first possible day he can update. On most months, this is the first of that month. It is november right no, if this pattern stays true to itself, no characters will be released this month. However, the first day that it is possible for sakurai to have an update is december 3rd. Not only is december 3rd the first of a character month, it is also the day that smash was supposed to be released. Personally, i expect a bombshell update. Please tell me your thoughts.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
You will ALWAYS remember this day as the day you ALMOST got Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

But seriously, who knows? He might just put up crawling or tripping on Dec. 3rd.... I wouldn't put it past him...

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I expect something better than a character confirmation. I don't know what could be better than that, but I'm expecting it.

I'm also expecting to be disappointed.

The Director

Smash Lord
How come people keep thinking that special days somehow have meaning towards what update material we'll get? Even Dec. 3rd, a day that has importance for Brawl, will see yet another regular update come and go.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Well, at least December 3 is weekday (Monday). I wonder how many people even bothered to find out.

I expect them to have a better-than usual update. Possibly a character confirmation, but quite possibly not.

They will not reference the fact that Brawl was delayed in any way, shape, or form.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
the thing is, if you look at the facts and patterns, and the importance of the date, you can only expect something amazing

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
as far as the last 3rd party characters goes, id have to say its a pretty close call between geno and megaman. ive played through almost all of the classic megamans, not all this new network transmission bull****, ive beaten super mario rpg on more than one ocasion, however, there is always that chance of cloud swooping in and stealing the thunder

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I expect something huge. Most likely the third 3rd party character
That's what I belive. A notice, like:

"Hi, this is me, Sakurai.
Today is a very special day, and you know why. December 3rd was the first intentioned release date for Smash Bros Brawl. Unfortunately, we can't launch it today, but, to offset you, I prepared a very special update.

*Insert Nintendo statistics stuff*
*Talk about the development team*
*Insert development status stuff*
*Insert some very hot news*
*Reveal that the roster will have 40 characters, no clones, and show the character select screen with the ? marks*"

Lord SeBz

Smash Journeyman
sakurai:

December 3rd update:

remember what reggie told ya? lies! all lies!! i never said that today would be the release date! now go BURN THE WITCH!

Betrayed

Smash Ace
Dec 3rd was the SECOND intended release. It was originally intended to be a launch title iirc.

Anyways, I'm expecting the last 3rd party character or something to do with online play that's extremely cool.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
~~~This post is really important~~~ :rolleyes:

*ahem* ... I don't expect anything great for the Dec 3 update. But Sakurai could have something up his sleeve...

Takumaru

Smash Lord
The Dec 3rd update better be amazing or I will be really, really mad. Unless I find a really good game that will kill 2 months for me in which case I'll be fine. Chances are it'll be a flop OR (crosses fingers) a playable demo will be downloadable on the Wii exactly like what they did for Metroid Prime: Corruption.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
metroid prime 3 wasnt a playble demo, it was a series of video clips
Maybe I'm thinking MP2 but that was a disc... I could have sworn there was a demo. But I am studying for my anatomy test at the moment so right now all I can remember is "orbicularis oris" and other fun stuff. In other words, my brain is fried.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
A crappy update to purposely disappoint us.

Then a HUUUUUUUUUUGE update the next day.

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
metroid prime 3 wasnt a playble demo, it was a series of video clips
that is true, but brawl already has the demo from e for all so they could just give us that.
if the Dec. 3rd update doesnt mention anything about the former release date i'd be surprised.. i just hope its something rad that we'll all love.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Halloween update was funny.

Ice climber stage, and one of the pics showed a small pumpkin.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
i dont think you could just download the demo. For one, it would take ages, another, most likey it would be too big for the wii to handle not having a disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom