• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The day it comes out.

fluffy

Smash Champion
ive been waiting sooooo long for this game, checking new updates everyday. it better be as good as the wait.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Because I posess the ability to read entire threads, instead of single posts, and discern sarcasm from sincerity.

Or in other words : Mindgames, son.
A fine ability indeed. I don't see why nobody caught the sarcasm in your post. Well, atleast I'm hoping it's sarcasm considering we've already seen items.

Anyways, so far I've been failing at convincing my girlfriend to give me the game on the 3rd. She's pre-ordering it, but won't give it to me until Christmas.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
I've already made my Plan for the release. I've gotton permission from my mom to skip school that day, go out and buy brawl, stay home all day and play. Mostly I'll be looking for old and new advance techs, Unlocking characters, stages, playing story mode, and lastly (If it's in the game) Play online. That my entire plan for the Brawl release.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
One Question. Why is everyone trying to pick a fight with Dylan Tnga. This first started out with him making his own opinion, now people are just attack him, for what reason may I ask?

fluffy

Smash Champion
One Question. Why is everyone trying to pick a fight with Dylan Tnga. This first started out with him making his own opinion, now people are just attack him, for what reason may I ask?
because smashboards people are mean.

lumpey

Smash Rookie
that day, I won't be there (in USA)...everyone, before playing it that day, just be sad for at least 1 second for those people who can't have it, or who don't even know the existence of SSBB...sob
:crying:..

ROFL!!!!! I WONT BE THERE AHAHAHHAHAH :dizzy:

Drunken_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Dylan: i dont really see the point in waiting, if your going to play it reguardless then the "State of the community" is hardly worth waiting for.

the game can be played competetivly with out advanced movement options, other games have survived many a "nerfing" of advanced movement techs. (vf, tekken) where as lots of games have survived nerfing of advanced techs related to attacking/combos. (sf, kof.. but then again kof has new tops/broken **** every year so meh)

i dont see what you have against super moves.. i mean, unless you simply dont like them because they are in other games. we dont know enough about them yet, and surely there is going to be a way to make them useable. (ie: one use per match.. or stock.. or something). just because it is a radical change to certian aspects, dosent mean its messed up. matter of factly, i gaurentee you some of the supers will be used in very awesome/technical ways. i see marios super being useful for eging.. i see links as amazing whiff punishment, im curious as to the uses of DKs.

imo, there is no logical way the game can be "dumbed down" considering most of the useful things in the game are either common sense (shffling) engine side effects (wding) or just proper use of moves.
unless your reffering to balance, then i can understand. no way of knowing what is balanced till we play it.

in that respect though, i feel a hard look at the super turbo community might refresh your views a bit. that game is virtually playable on paper, and yet there is lots of varity in character usage. everything has been worked to death in it. but to be honest, unless the game has a rabid fan base, you cant exactlly wait for it to happen. matter of factly, our own desire to ban something we viewed as broken has hurt us in the long run at the game itself.

edit: im asking him cause im curious.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Not everyone, but there are a lot of jerks,

Oh and I have to get this out of the way.

do you ****ing think that hasen't been asked before moron, its a ****ing name, get over yourself, if i didn't make this someone else would have, so shut up! you are a serious ******* for laughing at somethin like that, this guy is named smash god but is he a god wtf?

marth/falco pro is another name of a user, soo he isn't a pro...

ppl like you are stupid...
OK well let me state something from the getgo, this is the 1st time i have seen you post before in a thread that i was looking at and was going to post in myself, i might have seen your name, don't know who you are, and don't care and totally disregarded your name in general until now.... plus you haven't even been on the boards since July 07 and you already have closing real fast to 2000 posts, that's just a little ridic if you ask me, that's a lil too much time spent on the boards, again i don't know you, you could be a 14 yr old kid who is spending his youth playing video games and going on websites like this like Mew2King did back then and before he was 14 so i don't know and again don't care who you are, you haven't been around long enough for your name to come up in any discussion that im concerned with

and im a dumb@ss for laughing at something like that huh? Well sorry if something that was someones name such as brawlpro, when Brawl hasn't even been released be humorous to me. And i wasn't asking if your name was Brawlpro or if it was something else u ***bag learn to read something that's been written in clear english before saying something that wasn't even a question before hand

Smash God as a user name is different from Brawlpro in the aspect that Smash exists and is playable by all meanwhile Brawl isn't, again learn to read..... the same thing with Marth/Falco Pro - samething with Smash God..... he could be pro in Melee cuz those 2 chars are in Melee, but again Brawl isn't playable by the public, so again learn to read

People like me are stupid huh? Oh im so sorry i said something that you didn't like or you got offended by, get this straight, i don't care for your feelings nor do i care about you at all, ppl like me are stupid because we just say what we have to say unlike alot of ppl who hold $hit back because "i don't want to offend anyones feelings" I call it like i see dumb@ss.... oh wait i don't fit in with the Brawl Topic Forum because i didn't make a brand new thread everyday when a new update arrives, but i get upset whenever i see these dumb *** thread being made - Peach was shown in a trailer, next minute, thread made - Peach Confirmed!!!!! like i couldn't figure that $hit out by myself.... this entire section of this site has gone to hell with everyone making a good amount of pointless threads because ppl haven't figured out where the search button is to look for a F*cking thread that they want to talk about stuff in so they make one of their own....... just like this thread and i quote:

Probably has been another thread on this somewhere...but I don't see it and I just thought about this
You know if he used the SEARCH FUNCTION this thread wouldn't exist, but it would be in the thread that already exists instead of having like 2-5 of the exact same threads, we could all use our brains and make this forum a lil bit more cleaner and organized instead of making a thread intitled (Is there going to be online?) or (How many chars do you think is going to be in Brawl) or 3 other threads of discussing the update that had just occurred that f*cking day and then having some idiot post a thread of the godd@amn update.....

Now who the f*ck is dumber here huh?

and it did feel good but it was a little over exaggeration by me sry...i guess...i was still mad tho =P
I won't even bother saying anything else after i saw this but i had no choice and had to voice my opinions that are actually relevant instead of yours ******ing about my name and blah blah blah blah, but if you had to release some stress and someone aggravated you and now your sorry, you should've rethought what you were saying in the 1st place... anyway im done argueing with this

You have just PWNED a Noob. Congradulation. Well said. :laugh:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I've already made my Plan for the release. I've gotton permission from my mom to skip school that day, go out and buy brawl, stay home all day and play. Mostly I'll be looking for old and new advance techs, Unlocking characters, stages, playing story mode, and lastly (If it's in the game) Play online. That my entire plan for the Brawl release.
LOLOLOLOL :laugh::laugh:

This thread is just hilarious.

(no offense to quoted poster, I just found that funny while reading it)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I haven't missed school since freshman orientation. I hate missing school, I'd rather go to school and get all the work and lessons on that day.. Than having to make it up later and possibly never understanding that lesson that was taught.

I AM going to school that day and am getting my brother to pick it up while I'm at school. Woot!

Gonna play til... I get kicked off the TV or I have to go to sleep.

-Onyx

iMichael

Smash Lord
Ill probably wait 4 to 5 months after it comes out. Ill read about it on smashboards, and see where the competitive scene is going, aswell as what techs were removed, what was added, and what the new advanced techniques are.

If it seems worth my time, I'll buy it. If not? I'll still buy it, but probably a few years from now, just to play single player and maybe some multiplayer with friends so I can experience Brawl.

But I'm in no hurry to get this game, since I don't even know if it's going to be worth getting.
lol this dude is funny to me....dude u know your going to get it the first day it comes out lol just admit it....4 to 5 months my a** lol

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
lol this dude is funny to me....dude u know your going to get it the first day it comes out lol just admit it....4 to 5 months my a** lol
Considering I dont own a wii, and never purchased a gamecube or super smash bros melee, I highly doubt it.

I don't have a lot of money, Im a 19 year old student. My father doesnt like giving me money either except for a few things, which I dont mind, hes letting me live at his house for free and feeding me so I can go to school, so Ill make my own money.

But I know come december 3rd im not gonna have money for a wii AND brawl.. so no matter what its gonna be at least a few months after the release that I buy it.

Luckily, this will give me a chance to scout out the game and see what the melee community thinks of it as a competitive fighter and decided whether I want to buy it as soon as possible, or wait even longer because I play smash for the multiplayer.

But one day, no matter what, I will own a wii and a copy of brawl. And hopefully a copy of melee and a gamecube someday soon too :(

Weed

Smash Lord
I'm gonna recieve a phone call from EB games, telling me that my pre-ordered game has arrived, then I shall proceed to run the **** over there, and rock the game all day and night.

I've timed myself running there, and with Brawl in mind, I can do it in about 15 minutes.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Considering I dont own a wii, and never purchased a gamecube or super smash bros melee, I highly doubt it.

I don't have a lot of money, Im a 19 year old student. My father doesnt like giving me money either except for a few things, which I dont mind, hes letting me live at his house for free and feeding me so I can go to school, so Ill make my own money.

But I know come december 3rd im not gonna have money for a wii AND brawl.. so no matter what its gonna be at least a few months after the release that I buy it.

Luckily, this will give me a chance to scout out the game and see what the melee community thinks of it as a competitive fighter and decided whether I want to buy it as soon as possible, or wait even longer because I play smash for the multiplayer.

But one day, no matter what, I will own a wii and a copy of brawl. And hopefully a copy of melee and a gamecube someday soon too :(
Now that is something i can believe because im an 18 year old student so i feel you on that one...but at first you just made it seem like your just to cool to buy it on the first day:p

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Now that is something i can believe because im an 18 year old student so i feel you on that one...but at first you just made it seem like your just to cool to buy it on the first day:p
Oh! yeah I could see how it might seem like that. I neglected to mention that Im broke :laugh:

Still thanks for not being a douche, like doucheman here

doucheman said:
Good one. Now let's hear from people who actually matter.
People who actually matter... and I suppose he's one of em ? :laugh: Idiot didn't even make an on topic post before dissing me. Im used to this crap though.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
I'm in the same boat as you two, but I know that when I get home from school for Winter Break, I'll find that Corruption, Galaxy, and Brawl are all (hopefully) waiting for me, since my little brother will have probably bought them all.

l!l

Smash Rookie
On the day its released most of you wont be able to get it because it will be

SOLD OUT

:chuckle:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Holy crap, I see a lot of people who are going to miss school/work/funerals/the birth of their own child to play brawl when it comes out.

You people are true smashers... *tear*

I applaud you.

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
Yeah I am going to stay at my house and play on the big tv in my living room with the Window open and all that so the people at my school can see me playing Brawl (I live across the street from my school FYI) and me having a good time playing Brawl

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Yeah I am going to stay at my house and play on the big tv in my living room with the Window open and all that so the people at my school can see me playing Brawl (I live across the street from my school FYI) and me having a good time playing Brawl
alright im going to your house just so i can taunt little school children with you. WE GOT SMASH BITHCES, WHAT NOW!

pirkid

Smash Lord
Excuse me? My opinion matters as much as the next persons. Wherein it's just an opinion. I can't believe you're trying to provoke me over this post, which I put a lot of thought into and is quite honnest and devoid of my usual condesncending ''there is only one way to play smash blah blah blah'' attitude.

I'm not even gonna bother, you'll just come back and keep poking me with your proverbial stick until this thread spins off topic and everyone blames me.

Honnestly though, you're a jerk.
Yea, man, that was not cool.

Your not someone special here, everyone has a right to an opinion.

Anyways, just like everyone else, I'm going to skip school, get it (pre-ordered), and brawl 'til I can't feel my thumbs anymore.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Holy crap, I see a lot of people who are going to miss school/work/funerals/the birth of their own child to play brawl when it comes out.

I applaud you.
Heh, well most have been waiting long enough for this game so they'd be willing to miss anything for it. Myself included.

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
I am gonna try and skip school. But, I dont see how thats gonna help me because its not like my dad is gonna take me to the local gameshop to get a game that I have been really looking forward to on the day when I am conveniently sick.

Hmm....I'm sure I'll figure something out. ;)

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
OK well let me state something from the getgo, this is the 1st time i have seen you post before in a thread that i was looking at and was going to post in myself, i might have seen your name, don't know who you are, and don't care and totally disregarded your name in general until now.... plus you haven't even been on the boards since July 07 and you already have closing real fast to 2000 posts, that's just a little ridic if you ask me, that's a lil too much time spent on the boards, again i don't know you, you could be a 14 yr old kid who is spending his youth playing video games and going on websites like this like Mew2King did back then and before he was 14 so i don't know and again don't care who you are, you haven't been around long enough for your name to come up in any discussion that im concerned with
dude, do you know onyx vulpine? he joined after me and has 200 more posts...so shut up!

The Bino

Smash Lord
dude, do you know onyx vulpine? he joined after me and has 200 more posts...so shut up!
Hey i noticed, i will let you know, i am very observant of things of that nature, and if im being pointed out and start to have an arguement i will bring such valid points into a arguement, but here is the kicker for you, i was argueing with you not Onyx, so bringing someone elses name like you did before is pointless and is only demeanour to ourself so in ur own words

so shut up!
Im done stating points that make ur posts just look stupid, im done im out

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Probably has been another thread on this somewhere...but I don't see it and I just thought about this. The day it comes out...it's going to be nuts. The anticipation and hype surrounding this game is insane (for us at least). I want to be at the store when it goes on sale and rush home to play it as soon as I can...possibley skipping school or w/e. What about you guys...the day it comes out? Just thinking about it makes me anxious.
Skipping school is FTW!

iMichael

Smash Lord

I applaud you.
lol birth of their own childs thats funny:laugh:

On days like this...when good things happen....something bad always has to happen TO ME!...On Dec 4, when i go pick up my brawl copy...yes dec 4 is when its officially out...I wouldnt be suprised if the gamestop i was in was getting robbed or an explosion happened outside or the sun exploded...just something to stop me from playing this game....does anyone else go through this stuff?:confused:

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
If we're not doing much at school I'd skip and play Brawl all day. But there'll probably be alot going on that day, so I'll have to get really lucky.

I'm more worried about the next day, though. Think about it, unfinished homework, no sleep the night before due to excess playing, and not being able to function away from it after that one sweet taste.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
All of my friends are going to skip school that day to come over and play Brawl with us. >_> It'l be INSANE. There will be alcohol and smash bros.... Best... combo... ever!!

>_> <_<

Top Bottom