• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dating Advice Thread

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I wish more girls would come out and set the record straight though, I think women are just way more afraid of seeming shallow than men,.
It's slowly happening, which is cool. There are currently just more societal punishments for being a sexually active female. What was cool about living in a big city was that women were a lot more sexually open there, and people gave less ****s about it. Cuz I dunno, we're all people?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
This would be funnier if it was actually...funny.
It wasn't a joke, I am worried that some poor guy with a lack of confidence and poor self-esteem will read your idiocy and take it to heart. There is no such a thing as a woman who can't be won over. Women are attracted to certain things and therefore it must be possible to attract them to you. Its basic sense, I suppose the only exception would be if you're horribly disfigured or something.

Though Froggy, I wouldn't try so hard to alter someone's perception of you. Just do your thing. Even when you're right and things can change, a lot of the time you could just be wasting your time while you can be focusing on yourself so as to become a better and more fulfilling person and thus more appealing to women as a result. You're not doing yourself any favors overall by focusing on a female like that.
Oh I agree with that. There lots of amazing women, very rarely do you need to go all out for just one. My points was that Envy's claim that you won't get a date from a girl who isn't attracted to you is incredibly misguided. Also trying so hard to change her perception of you may be worthwhile to do if it's a childhood crush or a girl you've always wanted to **** or something lol.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Opinions CAN change, yeah. But trying to manipulate their feelings and change them is both ****ty and unlikely to work.
Lol you can't be serious. Every girl I've ever dated was because I manipulated and changed their feelings. Its called seduction. Its a very common thing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I feel like sexual drive is motivating me more than anything else recently. Like some kind of overwhelming force withing me wanting to claw it's way out

Like some kind of wild beast

T

Trick or Treat

It wasn't a joke, I am worried that some poor guy with a lack of confidence and poor self-esteem will read your idiocy and take it to heart. There is no such a thing as a woman who can't be won over. Women are attracted to certain things and therefore it must be possible to attract them to you. Its basic sense, I suppose the only exception would be if you're horribly disfigured or something.

Oh I agree with that. There lots of amazing women, very rarely do you need to go all out for just one. My points was that Envy's claim that you can't change a girl's feelings about you was retardedly misguided. Also trying so hard to change her perception of you may be worthwhile to do if it's a childhood crush or a girl you've always wanted to **** or something lol.
Oh, it definitely was a joke...
When did I say we couldn't be won over?
When did I say you can't change a girl's feelings for someone?

I'm the one who said the friendzone ISN'T permanent. All I said was that if I don't have feelings for you I'm not going to date you no matter how 'great' you are. That's just stupid, much like your posts here. Of course I can always end up developing feelings for a guy, but until then I won't date them.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Oh, it definitely was a joke...
When did I say we couldn't be won over?
When did I say you can't change a girl's feelings for someone?

I'm the one who said the friendzone ISN'T permanent. All I said was that if I don't have feelings for you I'm not going to date you no matter how 'great' you are. That's just stupid, much like your posts here. Of course I can always end up developing feelings for a guy, but until then I won't date them.
Oh learn to read! Your posts are as bad as Falcon's right now. Don't twist this around on me stupid.

I never claimed that you said girls can't be won over, go read my initial response again. My point is that what you said about girls not dating someone they don't like is absolutely irrelevant because you CAN MAKE a girl like you. In fact that's kinda the whole point of dating, to find out whether or not you may like the person.

T

Trick or Treat

Oh learn to read! Your posts are as bad as Falcon's right now. Don't twist this around on me stupid.

I never claimed that you said girls can't be won over, go read my initial response again. My point is that what you said about girls not dating someone they don't like is absolutely irrelevant because you CAN MAKE a girl like you. In fact that's kinda the whole point of dating, to find out whether or not you may like the person.

My points was that Envy's claim that you can't change a girl's feelings about you was retardedly misguided.
Clearly...

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Envy you're doing it wrong girlfriend. As a lass, just step with sass. Don't play the bass, rock out and be crass.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Well there, I edited it, you feel better?

On topic: The girl I mentioned before who lives back home, and I made our relationship official. I am going to visit home next month(or maybe July) to spend time with her and see if this has potential to be long term.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
The girl I just started to like is going to leave me forever and I think that's a good thing for her, but I'm going to be so lonely. Tell me how to cope.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
The girl I just started to like is going to leave me forever and I think that's a good thing for her, but I'm going to be so lonely. Tell me how to cope.
Why is it a good thing for her, to leave you?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When that happened to me I had an existential crisis and ended up in a powerful depression

that's it. Still depressed. Not directly related to her being gone forever, more of the straw that broke the camel's back

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
When that happened to me I had an existential crisis and ended up in a powerful depression that's it. Still depressed. Not directly related to her being gone forever, more of the straw that broke the camel's back
Okay wow. I don't think I'm going to be that sad. ****ing hugs on me bro.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Pretty sure she's one of a kind.
Dude then fight to keep her and be a better person. If she feels the sameway you do then you may surprised how little it takes to keep her in your life.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Doesn't mean there isn't someone better, another one of a kind, out there.
I'd say that I'm just going through shock symptoms atm. Part of me wants to support her completely so she can live the kind of life she wants to live outside of my negative influence. The other part of me hopes she fails just so we can maintain what we have right now. The thing is I just got to know her, so the repercussions aren't going to be at all drastic and we really don't have a firm hold of each other yet. I'm just really fragmented right now, although I have always believed in pushing people to develop themselves as human beings first because you may not always have someone else to rely on when you fall into trouble, but if you have trained yourself to be self-sufficient then you can meet new people at ease, make relationships at ease, and be someone who can stand on their own and make decisions for themselves instead of making hasty decisions out of desperation. I believe that the best decision for both of us is for her to leave so she can do what needs to be done and if she still holds a residual interest in me after she's accomplished everything she wants to do, then she knows where to find me.

Also make no mistake, there have been others. But those have been relatively disastrous relationships as I somehow managed to only attract a string of girls who were too broken for me to fix and so needy that you could say they were breaking me into pieces with their neediness. Perhaps the last relationship I've had that was mutually amorous was with my high school sweet heart, but the distance got to us when we went to different colleges. I've been single for God knows how long. Not necessarily denying there are other fish in the sea, but not interested in casting my nets only so many times before saying **** it and just using my free time for other pursuits. I don't usually open up to people and I'd hardly say that I revealed anything big about myself, however it is so like life to take away a pursuit I was interested in starting almost as if to say jokingly that even a small change would still be fruitless. I imagine there'll be a time when I can be more open with other people, less guarded, and less inclined to hide behind clever devices to mask my emotional vulnerabilities. However, for now I feel that mutually closing the door is the first step for both of us to develop as individuals. In a sense, I feel that we're two sides of the same coin and we are on the same wavelength when it comes to things like this. I'm sure this is the right decision for both of us.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I myself would be quite the negative influence on pretty much anyone, even if they were very much like myself probably (for we'd just validate each others' problems). Though I believe in the words I've said here very strongly, I do not practice what I preach, not even a little. So I definitely feel you there, although I wonder if you're truly as bad of an influence as you state for I don't think you'd be comparable to me, who truly could only be a useless leech as I am now. We've never really spoken but from what I've been reading all this time I have not gotten such an impression from you, in ways I've silently been looking up to you all this time (years possibly) because you always express greater insight than me (not that that is a difficult feat haha). Haven't consciously noted that until now really.

I wouldn't try to stop her like Froggy suggests if that is what she wants to do, let things go their desired course. No doubt she's a one of a kind, but so is everyone else (...some more than others of course). The things that make up who she is though are far from unique and can be found in the minds of everyone around you (...to various degrees), we're all humans with more or less the same canvas and the same colors but we are all just painted and mixed differently. So while various pieces of art seem vastly different, from another perspective, it's all really the same ****, just a different form. (Lol, I'd have absolutely no business in an art museum).

These are things you no doubt know already, probably better than me, so I don't mean to insult you, but hey sometimes we need to hear what we already know from other people when the emotions of our ego reminds us of its providence. Just please don't go around saying you're an awful person. I'm coming from a naive place, in more ways than one, I don't even know you, but I still implore that you don't. I've nothing of any real value to say here though that could help, so I'll conclude there. Hope things are well. Things will be.

Hey now. Even though I've renounced my feelings and burned all of the poems I've written for this person, you don't have to call her stupid and act like that man. There's no need. This is the Pool Room, a place literally designed to be chill and stuff.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I found a quote that reflects my attempted relationships

"Pray, are you friend or enemy? If a friend, why do you bite me so? and if an enemy, why caress me?"

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I feel like sexual drive is motivating me more than anything else recently. Like some kind of overwhelming force withing me wanting to claw it's way out

Like some kind of wild beast
It can be. It can be until you're in your 30's and you have been a "beast" for several years. Sometimes you miss some stupid nick name only a girlfriend could come up with for you or the greeting at the door after a long day of work. You don't get that when you're single. Some people are perfectly happy with that.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Teran this is what happens when you use too much force. You not only break in the bed, you break the entire apartment complex! Forget about other men, even an apartment complex is going bottoms up over you.

Last edited:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That's what happens when I roll through Snap City

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
It took me longer 'cause I was busy flirting with someone else.
If you don't know how, then all hope is lost for you. It's obvious when girls flirt, dude.
Stop flirting with everyone on smashboards, it's creepy.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

My lady can do whatever she so pleases!

...Wait a second. She's flirting with ALL of Smashboards, and I've not received a SINGLE flirt? What is the meaning of this injustice?!

But seriously, why care? That's her prerogative, even if it's with everyone else but me.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654

My lady can do whatever she so pleases!

...Wait a second. She's flirting with ALL of Smashboards, and I've not received a SINGLE flirt? What is the meaning of this injustice?!

But seriously, why care? That's her prerogative, even if it's with everyone else but me.
The thing is that there is a difference between flirting in real life and flirting on an online thread. You can't really get the same affect without the person actually being there. No speaking, only words. It is easier to tell a change in the meaning of someones sentence if you can actually see the persons face, body movements, and hear the tone of their voice. You can't tell if someones being sarcastic, happy, or sad as easily with words.

Try speaking in third person next time or keep your desires in real life.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
and that does not answer the question on why you care.
I care because I see her as a creepy pervert I need to stay away from. Mommy says that "there's nothing more cool than being hugged by someone you like, but if someone tries to touch you in a place, or in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, that's no good! It's your body, no one has to touch you if you don't want them to! So what do you do? First, you say 'No!', then you get out of there! Most important, you got to tell someone you trust. Like your parents, a teacher,an escaped convict, a pedophile, or a police officer". They also say that bad grownups send dumb bots named Grounder to give us smokes to choke, but it's bad for my health and could stain my teeth. She says "So don't be a fool, smoking isn't cool." She told me that her best friend Tailis used to smoke, luckily her other friend Sonicia got her out of her addiction.

To answer your question, I only care because I can and have nothing better to do but play Bravely Default or wait for the new smash bros.

Here's some dating advice! Don't go out with pedophiles, furries, rapists, relatives, your mom, your sibling, your dad, an nonhuman animal, waifus pillows, or Envy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom