• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dark Knight Rises:A Smash 4 Meta Knight Guide

Guide The Dark Knight Rises:A Smash 4 Meta Knight Guide

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Crimson23 submitted a new guide:

The Dark Knight Rises:A Smash 4 Meta Knight Guide (IN THE WORKS, NOT COMPLETE) - A guide to help you get good at playing the mysterious knight of the Kirby series.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
1)Intro
2)Character Description
3)Important Moves
4)Combos
5)Recovery
6)How to KO
7)Throws
8)Conclusion

INTRO
Hello! Last time you got a guide from me, it was on Dr.Mario. And I'm back with another character guide for my favourite Kirby character-and one of my mains.
At the moment, this guide is in the works. If you review it, tell me anything that I missed, or any ways I can improve this guide. So,...
Read more about this guide...

jack.f

Smash Rookie
It also could be mentioned his back throw can be a DI mix up that combos into dash attack. not to easy but can be used.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I also forgot to mention this, but you oughta add some stuff on sourspots and sweetspots. Perhaps mentioning how, with proper hitboxes, D-Smash chains into both hits(Like Ganondunk), or angling Side-B for a kill, and maybe how D-Tilt trips the opponent, like Diddy's banana at the right hitbox.

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
I also forgot to mention this, but you oughta add some stuff on sourspots and sweetspots. Perhaps mentioning how, with proper hitboxes, D-Smash chains into both hits(Like Ganondunk), or angling Side-B for a kill, and maybe how D-Tilt trips the opponent, like Diddy's banana at the right hitbox.
Wait...I didn't add the d-tilt tripping? I though I did. I'll go check. I'll read some stuff about angling side B for a KO, but it's not in a lot of MK guides. D-smash, I'm checking. Thanks.
Edit:The d-tilt tripping was already in, and I can't get the D-smash to get both hits.

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Wait...I didn't add the d-tilt tripping? I though I did. I'll go check. I'll read some stuff about angling side B for a KO, but it's not in a lot of MK guides. D-smash, I'm checking. Thanks.
Edit:The d-tilt tripping was already in, and I can't get the D-smash to get both hits.
Sorry. Perhaps I didn't read the whole thing. In my whole four-month career as a MK main, I've only gotten D-Smash to chain twice. It's unreliable at best, but still worth mentioning, as to avoid future "THIS JUST HAPPENED WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT IT IN" people.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Sorry. Perhaps I didn't read the whole thing. In my whole four-month career as a MK main, I've only gotten D-Smash to chain twice. It's unreliable at best, but still worth mentioning, as to avoid future "THIS JUST HAPPENED WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT IT IN" people.
I think I got it to work...Once. I guess I'll add it. I'm going to add a matchup section.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Last edited:

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Seems like a guide made for the sake of making a guide. Least enthusiastic one I've seen in a good while.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I wish people would stop making these lackluster guides. It's not formatted properly, it's missing a ton of information and no one wants to read a guide made by a virtually unknown player. It's not my intention to be harsh but I've been watching producing these failed guides on Meta Knight one after another and I wish they'd just stop. Props to you for trying to do something for the benefit to the community but I think if anyone should make a guide it should be Katakiri or someone else more established, knowledgeable and seasoned.

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Crimson23 updated The Dark Knight Rises:A Beginner's Smash 4 Meta Knight Guide with a new update entry:

Matchup data & more

At the moment, I've added a new matchup data section for Mario. I plan to add more matchups as time goes on, hopefully getting to complete the whole roster. I've added a section that details a few things that could make Meta Knight work for you.

I hope this guide becomes a great one. I aim to improve this guide 'till I've added everything I can that will help beginners. Until next time.
~CrimsonSSB
Read the rest of this update entry...

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
I would like to say that Meta Knight's max damage for his tornado (neutral-B) is actually 25% not 22% as stated in the guide
Getting the max 25% damage however is difficult without a turbo control, but still possible
If you have trouble getting the max 25%, try using a turbo control to prove my point

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Crimson23 updated The Dark Knight Rises:A Smash 4 Meta Knight Guide (Greatly improved!) with a new update entry:

Details and patch updates

So. Meta Knight was nerfed a while ago, in patch 1.1.5. This took 1% off of his U-air, added and SDI multiplier of 1.5, and gave it a slightly lower angle. I've been experimenting with this move, and added what I found into the guide.
-Dash Attack-->4 or 5x U-air-->Up B still works and KOs, but at slightly higher %s than before. You will need to be able to move more, as well as read the opponent's DI.
-Honestly, everything else is pretty much the same.
I've also added more little details to...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom