• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cute Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley (Vote on the Smash Poll!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
Ashley should be made into a forefront character along with Mario, Link, Samus, Pikachu, and the rest in her own series of games. She has huge potential as a character, but Nintendo has not properly utilized her. Whether or not she's included as a playable character in Smash 4 is a primary factor for my purchase of a Wii U and the game.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Ashley should be made into a forefront character along with Mario, Link, Samus, Pikachu, and the rest in her own series of games. She has huge potential as a character, but Nintendo has not properly utilized her. Whether or not she's included as a playable character in Smash 4 is a primary factor for my purchase of a Wii U and the game.
Game and Wario has Ashley in it.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Are you implying that Ashley (and even the Wario series in general) is as important as Mario, Link, Samus, and Pikachu? Because that's simply not the case. A character having lots of potential, unfortunately, isn't enough justification to get them in.

Also, if you're really that upset about it, just buy Game & Wario as Smash Master said, where Ashley is a main character. I'm sorry that a purchase of a $250+ and $60+ game is hinging on a single minor character being playable, though. That seems like fairly poor judgment.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Ashley pupils was supposed to have red in it. She look plain and don't look right with full black pupils in my opinion. It gave her more detail.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Are you implying that Ashley (and even the Wario series in general) is as important as Mario, Link, Samus, and Pikachu? Because that's simply not the case. A character having lots of potential, unfortunately, isn't enough justification to get them in.

Also, if you're really that upset about it, just buy Game & Wario as Smash Master said, where Ashley is a main character. I'm sorry that a purchase of a $250+ and $60+ game is hinging on a single minor character being playable, though. That seems like fairly poor judgment.
Warioware is actually better off than a lot of other Nintendo franchises having a game on every console since 2003 as well as having 9 installments overall. I agree though, this really is something strange to have as your deciding factor in buying this game. Also Warioware is definitely not in the same leagues as Pokemon/Mario/Zelda etc. but it is fairly popular for a Nintendo Side-franchise.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if trolling...or just completely witch obsessed.
I'm leaning towards trolling... with the whole erika furudo avatar who is a gigantic troll in a series about a witch.

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice

What I'm saying that no one seems to understand is that she should have her own games and be made into an important character in Nintendo's roster. How did Samus or Kirby become forefront Nintendo characters? They had games. Just like there are Metroid games and Kirby games, there should be Ashley games. And it shouldn't stop there. Nintendo should continue to make new franchises with new characters instead of rehashing the same ones.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
What I'm saying that no one seems to understand is that she should have her own games and be made into an important character in Nintendo's roster. How did Samus or Kirby become forefront Nintendo characters? They had games. Just like there are Metroid games and Kirby games, there should be Ashley games. And it shouldn't stop there. Nintendo should continue to make new franchises with new characters instead of rehashing the same ones.
She should at least be in the Mario spin offs. If you are going to take four Kremlings, 5 Toads (and Toadette and Toadsworth) 5 Shy Guys and 4 extra Yoshis, you should at least have some WarioWarr characters

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Samus and Kirby are the stars of their own original franchises. Franchises that were key in supporting the only thing between the video game industry and a horrible crash. There was hardly anything else like Kirby or Samus at the time; the original Metroid was the first game most people played where going left was even an option. Kirby was a platformer where jumping wasn't a big deal; it was really more of a puzzly-beat-em-up-platformer.

Ashley would star in a spin-off (Ashley's series) of a spin-off (WarioWare) of a spin-off (Wario Land) in an colossal industry full of crap and very few shining stars. Not only that, Ashley is a huge anime stereotype, the likes of which there are probably literally thousands of in Japan, plenty with their own games. It's good that you like Ashley; she's a fun character, just like the rest of Wario's cast, but I wouldn't hold on to any sort of hope that she's going to get her own game, because it's not going to happen.

andimidna

Smash Master
I supported Ashely before the assist.
Now I'm hoping for Captain Syrup, but Ashley's the only Wario character I really thought had a chance.

Next time.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I supported Ashely before the assist.
Now I'm hoping for Captain Syrup, but Ashley's the only Wario character I really thought had a chance.

Next time.
I too supported Ashley, but, as a Wario character, I think Mona have some pretty good chances.

andimidna

Smash Master
I too supported Ashley, but, as a Wario character, I think Mona have some pretty good chances.
Yea, she does, I think she's the frontrunner of Wario newcomers now. I just thought Ashley was the more popular/unique pick, so when she wasn't chosen I stopped expecting a Wario newcomer entirely.
I'd prefer Captain Syrup, but Mona does have the better chance.
All Wario characters are pretty unique, so I'd just like to see one other than just Wario.

But it's looking like a request that won't be too likely until next Smash.
I bet there will be new Wario games, and it will become more noticeable that Wario is alone on a larger roster.
So I'll be rooting for all 3 next time, and maybe Kat & Ana too. (Unless 1 does make it)
Can't say I'm too fond of Jimmy T though, seems like a good assist choice.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I wasn't expecting an older thread like this to update after the character's de-confirmation a long time ago. I was really hoping Ashley would join as a playable character, my 4th most wanted at the time, though the Assist Trophy status is at least nice enough recognition.

Hopefully she'll be playable for the next SSB, and I'll be rooting for her to upgrade from assist trophy to playable status... along with Starfy... and Dillon... and Tingle. A lot of my most wanted characters seem to be ending up assist trophies... again.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I wasn't expecting an older thread like this to update after the character's de-confirmation a long time ago. I was really hoping Ashley would join as a playable character, my 4th most wanted at the time, though the Assist Trophy status is at least nice enough recognition.

Hopefully she'll be playable for the next SSB, and I'll be rooting for her to upgrade from assist trophy to playable status... along with Starfy... and Dillon... and Tingle. A lot of my most wanted characters seem to be ending up assist trophies... again.
I just thought us Ashley Supporters would like a color scheme and extras.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bump after half a year. :p

If there are any Ashley fans out these, please vote on the poll! It's a shot in the dark, but we should do whatever we can do.

:231:

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I voted for Sophitia but I really wish you guys the best with getting Ashley in. As in you have my moral support.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I hoping Sakurai makes a statement on whether AT's would be eligible. Granted, this poll will likely be used as a resource for the next game just like the original Smash Poll was for Melee and Brawl. I seriously doubt this will only end up being a resource for DLC. I still want Ashley playable in a Smash game eventually but it would be nice to know if her and the other ATs would even be up for consideration.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Well until that is clarified, this should really remain locked.

You guys can still vote for her if you want though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom