• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cute Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley (Vote on the Smash Poll!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Hmm, I think she would have been a unique playable character in Smash Bros. Nevertheless, it is good to see her in the game in some form. Though I have not played any of the WarioWare games, I do find many of the characters, particularly Ashley, to be interesting. I wonder what kind of hexes she will use.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I see a lot of users coming out of the woodwork with their condolences. Reminds me of the Toad thread.

Oh well, let's hope that someone cracks the Wii U someday.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I see a lot of users coming out of the woodwork with their condolences. Reminds me of the Toad thread.

Oh well, let's hope that someone cracks the Wii U someday.
It's kind of a Smash Bros tradition: you congratulate the fans of the characters who do get in and try to soften the edges for those that are deconfirmed. This is one of my favorite things about the Smash fanbase and I like how common the practices are here.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
What could she do when she's summoned? She could grant kids to hell, but this would be too weak since it would only work in Ness and Lucas. :awesome:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What could she do when she's summoned? She could grant kids to hell, but this would be too weak since it would only work in Ness and Lucas. :awesome:
:toonlink:

Anyways, I think she will likely do some random magic like Kamek does in NSMBWii. But we'll see, hopefully before the game is released.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
:toonlink:

Anyways, I think she will likely do some random magic like Kamek does in NSMBWii. But we'll see, hopefully before the game is released.
How come I forgot Toon Link? But yeah, that is what I expect.

Ashley looks cool I hope she turns everyone into a spoon.
This is strong at least, but my idea is cooler.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Did anyone see the picture and, just for a second, think she was playable only for their dreams to evaporate?

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I'm actually pretty excited for Ashley's inclusion. I like her as a character and always thought she would make good Assist Trophy material. Her model also looks really good.
I do understand the desire for her to appear as a playable, though, so I apologize to all of the supporters. If she was part of the roster, I would definitely use her a lot.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Did anyone see the picture and, just for a second, think she was playable only for their dreams to evaporate?
Not really. I realized rather immediately that she was disconfirmed, even before seeing Sakurai's caption.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Like Skull Kid, this is probably the best result Ashley could've hoped for. I mean she'll probably have a bigger role than Mona or Jimmy T, Sakurai picked her as the new Wario AT (assuming we won't get another), so I suppose that's something to be happy about. At least she's what she is, and not just a trophy or something.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Ouch, this was the first deconfirmation that actually hurt me. Being that I am a pretty big Ashley supporter. Oh well, she's an AT, that's still huge!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Posting this because it is relevant.

This is an example of how to NOT behave when one of your favourite characters is disconfirmed.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Posting this because it is relevant.

This is an example of how to NOT behave when one of your favourite characters is disconfirmed.
This have to be joke.

She was in fact my number 1 character (but I think Medusa have better moveset possibilities), but I do have the wisdom to think it was not a really realistic wish. She is an AT and it's cool. She is really cute in 3D!

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I always thought Ashley would be a cool character because I thought Wario needed a second rep. I'm sorry for the bad news but at least she's in the game an looks really adorable.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Sorry Ashley fans. :(

I've never played a single WarioWare game, but I always thought the characters looked pretty cool.

But hey, I think if a character is an assist trophy, they have a better chance in the next game. ;)

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Aw, a cool Wario character deconfirmed.

Oh well, I have no doubt that she wouldn't have been the first pick for a character, anyway. Hopefully she and Red will do something funny and unique. Maybe something to do with the candy dimension from Game & Wario?

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
My condolences. :( She'll probably end up a good AT, nice to see she is getting some more recognition (last game she was a sticker.)

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
My condolences. :( She'll probably end up a good AT, nice to see she is getting some more recognition (last game she was a sticker.)
Yeah. This also means that she will get a trophy, and I don't understand why she din't get a trophy in Brawl at the very least.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. This also means that she will get a trophy, and I don't understand why she din't get a trophy in Brawl at the very least.
The Wario series had literally 4 trophies last time... this time I would be utterly surprised if it didn't have more. Honestly, Ashley, 9-Volt, Captain Syrup and Mona should get one at least. (in addition to KatAna)

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
The Wario series had literally 4 trophies last time... this time I would be utterly surprised if it didn't have more. Honestly, Ashley, 9-Volt, Captain Syrup and Mona should get one at least. (in addition to KatAna)
Yes, at least. But it would be even better if every WarioWare employee had one.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now if we can only get Chrom on Thursday and Little Mac on Friday as AT's. :p
WHY MUST YOU FEED ON MY SORROOOOOOOOW!

That being said, at least Ashley's in the game in some form. It's really neat seeing her in non-2D art-style. Hopefully she uses those monster plants from that one cutscene. That'd be neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom