• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cute Baby Pokémon, the Melee underdog: Pichu for DLC Discussion - Under New Ownership! VOTE NOW!

D

Deleted member

And perhaps if people would stop repeating what I've already proven as an idea that doesn't work, there would be no need.
It's like hearing "Ridley is too big" over and over again, even when people show that the concept is flawed.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
And perhaps if people would stop repeating what I've already proven as an idea that doesn't work, there would be no need.
It's like hearing "Ridley is too big" over and over again, even when people show that the concept is flawed.
Except it isn't. There's very little to warrant Doc coming back, as he's a blatant clone with much less than usual separating him from Mario.

And again, I would like to remind you that I main Doc in Melee, so I do get that he's not 100% the same as Mario.

And this is the Pichu thread, not the Doc thread. We should continue this little spat in the appropriate thread.

D

Deleted member

It's sayings like that that make me realize just how self-entitled and spoiled the Smash fanbase can be, no offense. Clones are not evil, and plenty of fighting series have them. They don't "steal someone else's spot"; if someone doesn't have the spot, unless they were scrapped during development they just weren't meant to have that spot. For example, it's not Dr. Mario's fault Wario wasn't in Melee, nor Wolf's (even if he isn't much of a clone to begin with) fault we didn't get Krystal in Brawl.

Now, I'm not advocating for a whole bunch of clones to be in the game, but a few that make sense as clones would honestly not hurt anything.
It's not like Smash has ever been free of them.

EDIT: And by the way, what I was talking about being flawed was the concept of Dr. Mario being a mere costume swap like Overalls Wario. Are you honestly going to tell me that it isn't flawed?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It's sayings like that that make me realize just how self-entitled and spoiled the Smash fanbase can be, no offense. Clones are not evil, and plenty of fighting series have them. They don't "steal someone else's spot"; if someone doesn't have the spot, unless they were scrapped during development they just weren't meant to have that spot. For example, it's not Dr. Mario's fault Wario wasn't in Melee, nor Wolf's (even if he isn't much of a clone to begin with) fault we didn't get Krystal in Brawl.

Now, I'm not advocating for a whole bunch of clones to be in the game, but a few that make sense as clones would honestly not hurt anything.
You can read my response here.

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
the doctor would be cool if he had some changes in his move set but this is pichus page

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Or... They could combine doc and mario as in P:M and have dic as a costume.
/doc discussion.

Pichu *****.

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
ya i just think besides pichu the other melee characters should be in as dlc

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
I dont like reps. I prefer to see another pokemon like:

Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee
Electabuzz/Magmar/Jinx
Gengar/Alakazam
Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
but those pokemon have little if not fan base pichu is still requested and represents second gen well

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
All... Aaaall the first 151 pokemon have a huge fan base. Those 151 are THE pokemons!
Yes, we can't forget all the Grimer, Farfetch'd, and Horsea fans who want them to be in SSB.

Edit: And plus, we know that everyone just hates all of the Pokemon that came in later generations. ALL OF THEM.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I don't have a problem with most of the pokemon of the first 4 gens although the fifth made me WTF every other pokemon. They had maybe 25 good designs out of the entire game IMO. Everything else was either copies of earlier pokemon or ugly.

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
I'm cool with that but we all ready have 3 pokemon from first gen in brawl we need more different gens like pichu

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Already posted this in the palette swaps thread, but might as well post it here as well.

My ideas for possible palette's.

1. Regular
2. Pichu with goggles (Just had to make this one return, it's too awesome to drop)
3. Newsboy hat Pichu (The Pokemon always get funny hats in the Smash series :D)
4. Spiky-eared Pichu, y'know those female Pichu's?
5. Green, with scarf and plush headset. Isn't it adorable?
6. Red, added back his red palette from Melee but added a cape to the mix.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Already posted this in the palette swaps thread, but might as well post it here as well.

My ideas for possible palette's.

1. Regular
2. Pichu with goggles (Just had to make this one return, it's too awesome to drop)
3. Newsboy hat Pichu (The Pokemon always get funny hats in the Smash series :D)
4. Spiky-eared Pichu, y'know those female Pichu's?
5. Green, with scarf and plush headset. Isn't it adorable?
6. Red, added back his red palette from Melee but added a cape to the mix.
Spiky-eared Pichu is too close to regular Pichu. Maybe make it more orange colored.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
What have you done with backpack pichu <_<

that was probably his best melee costume asside from possibley goggles pichu...
Its also the Classic ICG pichu .-.

Newshat is pree cool though.

But in all seriousness, pichu needs a tophat.

Mulecc

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0173-1788-6477
Even if Pichu did have a new move set, I would still rather have more diversity and have a new pokemon instead of him.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Even if Pichu did have a new move set, I would still rather have more diversity and have a new pokemon instead of him.
Read my big *** post like... A bunch of pages ago.

Pichu played differently than pika in melee (although they had the same objectives ingame), I designed a moveset that made him capitalize more on the strengths that pika lacks and pichu has, making the character, in theory, play completely different (mostly through minor moveset tweaks)

D

Deleted member

I think he means he'd rather have something that's not another electric rodent, specifically something that's from the 5th Generation (or higher), even if Pichu had a new set of moves.

Top Bottom