• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Crocodile", "Croced" (Crocked?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
We've all performed the maneuver I'm suggesting we name, but I was thinking it might be easier to have discussions dealing with specific situations if we name it.

Bowserciding is a broad term, describing any time you klaw someone and take them over the edge with you. It's also obscenely fun to do, but that's beside the point.

I propose we use the term "Crocodile" for when you cling to the ledge, release, then jump and klaw an opponent standing on the ledge (probably trying to ledgeguard you) for a Bowsercide.

Why do I suggest this distinction? Two reasons:

1. People who let themselves be "Croced" had to walk into the trap. This is different from Bowser klawing someone at high damage and taking them over the edge because they had no choice. Generally, letting yourself be "croced" means you screwed up and forgot what Bowser can do to you from the ledge (or you're learing for the first time, whee!).

2. Bowser is a large reptile coming from below, grabbing his hapless prey and pulling it down with him. It just FITS.

It's purely optional, but I was just in another thread and realized I had no way to describe this specific situation without explaining exactly what it was. Being able to say "I croced him" would be a tremendous timesaver.

B0NK

Smash Lord
It all ready has a name, edge-hop > over-b. It's been around since Melee. I don't think it needs any other name.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Because we can say in 4 letters what it took Bonk 16 to say?

If "spiking someone with your reflector" can be shortened to "shine spike", I don't see why we couldn't do it here for convenience sake.

I'm not going to make a huge case for it. It just seemed both appropriate and convenient for regular SSBB conversation.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No thats ******** no offense. Ledge Hop Over B is fine.

From now on when you shorthop forward air we should call that the Fan, because it looks like bowser is fanning at his opponent.

Buuman

Smash Ace
You tried smash brother, the idea was good, I'll give you props for that. However it seems the majority don't want the name changed.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't see why crocked can't work since it technically is shorter than "ledge hop > b" and why not? everyone gives everything a name. im ok with it.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Now that I think about it, "ledge hop Over B" doesn't even suffice because it doesn't necessarily denote a kill. I've ledge hopped and over Bed people and they've managed to pull us back on the stage so I couldn't Bowsercide them.

So, the full descriptor must be "Ledge hop over B to Bowsercide".

And Bowser doesn't look like he's "fanning" his opponent. He looks like he's grabbing them and pulling them down with him.

Whatever. Use it if you want. Don't if you don't. No skin off my back.

Sliq

Smash Master
You know, I thought the Ganon boards were ********, and then I came here and realized that they both are.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Bowsercide is annoying. Anyways hmm what to call it... leave its name at whatever it is? Bowsercide is good cuz your foe will literally be dragged down to the grave with no chance of escaping.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
You know, I thought the Ganon boards were ********, and then I came here and realized that they both are.
If you ever visit other boards on the internet, most of them consider Smashboards to be the shower drain of SSB discussion. It's posts like yours here that validate their argument.

So you don't like the idea but they do, so they're "********" for doing so?

Seriously, get the hell off that high horse. I don't care how many tournaments you go to, it doesn't grant you a license to be a prick-b*stard to people you disagree with.

Sliq

Smash Master
If you ever visit other boards on the internet, most of them consider Smashboards to be the shower drain of SSB discussion. It's posts like yours here that validate their argument.

So you don't like the idea but they do, so they're "********" for doing so?

Seriously, get the hell off that high horse. I don't care how many tournaments you go to, it doesn't grant you a license to be a prick-b*stard to people you disagree with.
I fail to see how retardedly NAMING SOMETHING is productive to Bowser's metagem AT ALL. Naming something benefits NO ONE. No one learns anything from it, no one is better off with it. It is stupid.

It's TOPICS like THIS that validate their arguments. Kill yourself you stupid fucker.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171218

See this thread? I made it because I figured otu some little tricks with Bowser. You know what happened? It was discussed for a little bit then dropped. No one tested any of it, no one experimented.

Then you stroll up, "Hey, I'll NAME something! This will greatly benefit the smash community, and no one will think I'm a ****head for it! Good thing I'm spending time with this instead of trying out new ****! Man, I'm so awesome! I'm so glad I pick the most generic board name of all time! Now people can see my name, and immediately know how ******** I am and totally ignore my posts! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

gantrain05

Smash Master
I fail to see how retardedly NAMING SOMETHING is productive to Bowser's metagem AT ALL. Naming something benefits NO ONE. No one learns anything from it, no one is better off with it. It is stupid.

It's TOPICS like THIS that validate their arguments. Kill yourself you stupid fucker.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171218

See this thread? I made it because I figured otu some little tricks with Bowser. You know what happened? It was discussed for a little bit then dropped. No one tested any of it, no one experimented.

Then you stroll up, "Hey, I'll NAME something! This will greatly benefit the smash community, and no one will think I'm a ****head for it! Good thing I'm spending time with this instead of trying out new ****! Man, I'm so awesome! I'm so glad I pick the most generic board name of all time! Now people can see my name, and immediately know how ******** I am and totally ignore my posts! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
i don't think the name of the website is smashboardsweonlytalkaboutmetagames.com so yeah, maybe some people like to talk about other things other than metagame all the time, im sure about everyone on the site loves all the posts with the helpful info, but some people also like to read other things as well.

Sliq

Smash Master
i don't think the name of the website is smashboardsweonlytalkaboutmetagames.com so yeah, maybe some people like to talk about other things other than metagame all the time, im sure about everyone on the site loves all the posts with the helpful info, but some people also like to read other things as well.
Then perhaps you should consider reading the board rules, as character discussion is dedicated to character traits and techniques, and not whether or not Bowser has a huge **** or what Bowser's favorite music is.

I can't seem to find the thread that states this, but regardless, naming something ******** is ********.

If you people want to be morons, go to Gamefaqs, or make ONE THREAD and call it the Bowser Inanity Thread, where you can post all you want to about inane **** that has no relevence to anything anyone cares about.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Sliq is mah hero.

Then perhaps you should consider reading the board rules, as character discussion is dedicated to character traits and techniques, and not whether or not Bowser has a huge **** or what Bowser's favorite music is.
For the record he's totally a metalhead. Raise the horns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom