• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Craziest thing you have ever seen a comp. do

smasher_25

Smash Cadet
I played a mess on jungle japes, level 9, aand at the begginning, he just jumps into the river and dies every time..

GuyverProxy

Smash Rookie

I got spiked by a lvl 9 Doc when playing 4-P free for all with two other people and the Doc...

Duha

Smash Journeyman
yester day i was playing a lvl 1 ganon with ice climbers and i was doing the down throw meteor with nan combo on the edge and every time ganon meteor cancled it perfect. It was a thing of beauty

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
According to the accoutns of my friends, at last year's FC6...

Element of Fire vs. Crashman vs. ghost KSSB (LV 1 Falco) for who gets last open TV in the Wisconsin room. (KSSB's cursor was above the line, so it only went to CPU.)

Somewhere in the middle of their battle...

Lv 1 Falco powershields Samus' missle.
Lv 1 Falco ***** Samus
Lv 1 Falco ends **** with a dair.
Samus is spiked off the edge of FD.
Samus dies.
Crashman comments on how stupid the game is.
Crashman turns off the cube in frustration.
Crashman walks out of the room in frustration.
Friends get to keep playing on that TV. Happy ending for all. (except the Samus)

Nigzel

Smash Ace
Just to inform you all,

The computers will never do such a thing as a "Wavedash" or a "Super Wavedash". The will "Wavedash" by jumping, then they for some reason change their minds; Perhaps you were to close/Something could disrupt the CP's previous thought? It will avoid you, probably with an Air Dodge. Regarding of where you are situated when opposing the CP, it will dodge in a certain direction. With the "right" direction it will become a Wavedash.

I'm too lazy to answer everything, but let me take another example; Suiciding. When a player literally commits suicide (in-game) they will do it by running of the stage, falling down a hole, blowing themself up. A CP won't "suicide", it acts frame-by-frame. One frame running over the edge to FAir you might seem as a good idea, the next frame it may still be good. But what about the third? Perhaps then the CP already missed you, with almost the whole move left. Wiie, going down. A Fox-problem anyone? xD

Take this in mind, that anything you do affects normal-setted (There are settings unavailable without an AR) CPs. Frame. By. Frame.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Chu Dat's level 9 Luigi once cost him 1st place in teams

Me and G-reg vs Chu and his gay lvl 9, ends up coming down to G-reg vs Chu and Luigi, all with one stock left.

Chu knocks Greg off the stage, and gets ready to edgeguard for the win. Luigi is behind him.

When Greg gets close to the stage, the Luigi starts doing a dash attack. Chu ends up in the forray. Greg grabs the ledge, knees both, kills Chu, then kills the Luigi and we win teams

red stone

Smash Ace
ok so one time i was playing as marth on final destination against a lvl 1 fox. as the match starts, the fox runs at me and then does the infinite drill shine combo on me. i tried as hard as i could to get out, but it was hopeless. so i got up and went to the refrigerator to make myself a sandwich. when i was done eatin it, i returned to my tv to see that i was still stuck in the infinite. i was already at 999% and saw no way of getting out so i just turned off my cube. i tried to see if the fox would do it again but that was the first and last time it ever happened.

King Leonidas

Smash Apprentice
In one tournament, during teams (it was pools ---> bracket), my teammate and I had easily destroyed our pool(it's true lolz), and were awaiting our first bracket match.

Ok, so I guess 1/2 of the team we had to play had left, for whatever reason. So, the other guy, rather than being disqualified, got a Lvl. DK on his team. The DK outlasted the Human, and was actually doing some nice stuff.

rofl

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
to red stone (and everyone else that just leaves junk posts): please, when you are deciding to leave a post such as the one red stone left, think before you act. This thread is to talk about the rare times that PCs actually do something interesting. So, please, dont do this

Banks

Smash Hero
good call Gracker. stop spamming GUYS LOL

but rlly, i got upairs off the ledge by a fox. pretty sweet eh

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Just to inform you all,

The computers will never do such a thing as a "Wavedash" or a "Super Wavedash". The will "Wavedash" by jumping, then they for some reason change their minds; Perhaps you were to close/Something could disrupt the CP's previous thought? It will avoid you, probably with an Air Dodge. Regarding of where you are situated when opposing the CP, it will dodge in a certain direction. With the "right" direction it will become a Wavedash.

I'm too lazy to answer everything, but let me take another example; Suiciding. When a player literally commits suicide (in-game) they will do it by running of the stage, falling down a hole, blowing themself up. A CP won't "suicide", it acts frame-by-frame. One frame running over the edge to FAir you might seem as a good idea, the next frame it may still be good. But what about the third? Perhaps then the CP already missed you, with almost the whole move left. Wiie, going down. A Fox-problem anyone? xD

Take this in mind, that anything you do affects normal-setted (There are settings unavailable without an AR) CPs. Frame. By. Frame.
Of course they don't do something like a wavedash on purpose, that's why it doesn't happen all the time. But I posted somewhere in this thread that samus lvl9 did a super wavedash, but when I tried to enforce it it didn't work. I saw it twice, and if you search on this forum somebody else saw it too, but it is really rare. How can you force a cpu to drop a bomb, and go right and left on the right frame?

Nigzel

Smash Ace
The computers will never do such a thing as a "Wavedash" or a "Super Wavedash". The will "Wavedash" by jumping, then they for some reason change their minds; Perhaps you were to close/Something could disrupt the CP's previous thought?

You made the CP lay a bomb, at frame 40 you seem as a threat, moves left on 41. At 42 you don't seem as a threat and the CP naturally starts to move to you?

Lawrencelot, everything can be explained in SSBM. However, it can not always be done again.

Just to inform you all,
I did not even read this thread then, I won't now either. YOU in my examples is irrelevant, as is anyone in here. So I repeat.

Just to inform you all,

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
got bored with lvl.1 guys, so i went up to lvl.9 again for fox, just to see if i had improved at anything, and i was stunned when fox sent me off the edge with a fsmash, ONLY to follow me down and nair me away from the stage, and any hopes of getting back up, and then firefoxing back to the stage against it (FD).

and Banksyayogame50, you are right, CPUs are bad, but hey, they are there when you want to play

Lit

Smash Ace
if i want to practice being techanical i use level three's bec they know how to di and i use level 8 for more of a human like challenge... it all helpls me in the end but i would rather play a player than a comp...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
YOU GUYS WONT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so today I was playing teams with 2 friends of mine, my friend tyler and his sister chelsea (we're all rather good at the game, go to tourneys do advanced techs, etc)

ANNYHOW they have trouble beating my shiek, so I said lets do you two on a team vs me and a level 9 ganondorf (I won 3/4 times hehe)

Here's what happened that was just the most awesome thing ive ever seen a comp do :

I eliminated Chelsea's peach and Tyler's captain falcon only had 1 stock left vs me and my comp ally who had 2 stocks each.

The computer ganon neutral a jabbed captain falcon into my shieks grab... then I started hitting him with a as I was grabbing him....

you ready for it???

The computer actually did the KEN AND ISAI INFINATE TECHNIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He got stuck in a programming loop and kept jabbing, while I was holding captain falcon and hitting him and as you might know, you cant break out of that. We did it to about 600% then ganon warlock punched him.

It was -THE- coolest thing Ive ever seen in melee.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I remember a while back I was Doc fighing a lvl 9 Marth...he f-threw me, fsmashed, and then jumped in the air and grabbed the edge to edgehog me o_o

It was so...human-like.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
You had to be there man... it was so cool. Level 9 ganon is my teamate for life!
from tournament experience, i must say that dylan is correct here. lvl 9 ganon is a GREAT team partner, you guys would be amazed.

think about it. your partner is aggressive, uses decent moves, jabs and grabs with perfect aim, powershields, and outprioritizes the HELL out of people with his up B.

not as good as an experienced tournament player, but much better than that arrogant technical fox around the corner.

lvl 9 ganon fo life!

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
from tournament experience, i must say that dylan is correct here. lvl 9 ganon is a GREAT team partner, you guys would be amazed.

think about it. your partner is aggressive, uses decent moves, jabs and grabs with perfect aim, powershields, and outprioritizes the HELL out of people with his up B.

not as good as an experienced tournament player, but much better than that arrogant technical fox around the corner.

lvl 9 ganon fo life!
I don't like ganon lvl9 as a teammate. He just does uptilts, leftB's and neutralB's all the time. As a teammate I like Marth the best, I just try not to get hit by him and all will go fine then.

Banks

Smash Hero
you guys have to be kidding me. lvl 9 ganon will get you nowhere in a real teams tournament

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
you guys have to be kidding me. lvl 9 ganon will get you nowhere in a real teams tournament
lol of course man. My level 9 ganon teamate forward b'd me a bunch and once even neutral a edgeguarded me, I was playing shiek so I got pissed and faired him off the edge afterwards :psycho:

I think level 9 ganon makes for the best computer ally though, he has a personality.. y'know? I love all the up B's how are comps so good at connecting with those LOL :laugh:

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I was screwing around with Fox one day against CF. I did a neutral on time at Cf and he Wavedashed under me and FSmashed during my utter disbelief.

Fox shine-spiked my Nana once when I was playing IC.

Link has L-canceled Dair numerous times.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
i believe what he meant (ronin that is) was that if you continue to play lvl.9's you will get used to a pattern that they perform (i.e. a very common one for lvl.9 Marth is he dash grabs you if you are just a little bit away from his sword and when you are standing still). When you get used to these patterns, it affects how you play, and you might go on to play someone in real life, expecting them to do a certain thing that you have become accustomed to while playing lvl.9's. Lvl.1 CPUs are good for they can DI somewhat (but lvl. 3 is better), and they dont really allow you to get used to a given pattern

However..... lvl.9 CPUs can be good to play every once in a while, just to see if you have progressed, or if you get bored with simply training on lvl.1 CPUs

timbu

Smash Apprentice
i don't know the exact reason why, but lvl 9's are considered less human and realistic than lvl 8's or otherwise.

does anyone know the "personalty" of each CPU lvl type? =T

Top Bottom