• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data The Complete Samus Combo and String List

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
I just now randomly practising crouch cancelled jab options got Up-air (soft) -> Jab 1 -> run off N-air and the combo counter registered it for 18% on ZSS at 100% with her recovering from ledge getup.
Not entirely sure how to get the frame perfect run off. Very deadly.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
I just now randomly practising crouch cancelled jab options got Up-air (soft) -> Jab 1 -> run off N-air and the combo counter registered it for 18% on ZSS at 100% with her recovering from ledge getup.
Not entirely sure how to get the frame perfect run off. Very deadly.
oooo

this is nice because it should work even past fsmash %

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Labbing some PP follow ups from Falling Up Air > Jab, found some neat stuff

The PP extends the combos to work at much higher %, and PP F Smash looks Krey

Characters it works on and % ranges still need some work tho

Edit: Seems to work on Fastfallers as long as they dont fall offstage

Last edited:

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Some more cute stuff
So are these tested with DI or are they just general ideas of combos that could work plus or minus some room for rage/DI? I know everything doesn't has to be airtight true to work.

I just wasn't sure if that Mewtwo clip would actually kill or not, he kind of lingered for a minute. But I love the stuff you guys are doing. 1.1.5. was so good to us. I can finally utilize Ftilt in neutral and as a fast unexpected kill move at the ledge. Ftilt became my favorite tilt and Nair became my favorite aerial in a single patch. Life is good for the bounty hunter.

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
moofpi moofpi I didn't test these specific new perfect pivot variants vs. DI and airdodge - BUT they are guaranteed to work since I tested the Up-air (soft) -> jab 1 -> f-smash string and combo extensively.
There is absolutely nothing the opponent can do, DI, SDI, quarter circle SDI, etc... all fail.
Our jab was explicitly designed to be crouch canceled into other moves. We have a very good, highly technical jab game.

Afro Smash Afro Smash There you go trying to be Ryu with that jab jab ftilt. :p
How fast are you inputting all these commands? Are you using a bidou scheme or literally inputting jab 1 , down, PP, f-smash. I'm going to test if we can just kara smash, because I'm old and it's getting to be a young man's jab game...

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
I've not tested with DI yet moofpi moofpi Mewtwo could most likely live that F Tilt with DI, but it works at later % than that too, and no Bidou DungeonMaster DungeonMaster , but you don't have to CC the Jab in the PP F Smash combo.

Kara Smsh will work too at lower %, then as it increases youll need to PP to reach them

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Super Missile leads into Dash Attack at close range, low percent. It's pretty intuitive because the player can see the missile explode before the time Samus can act. If it hits, launch a dash attack, if it's blocked, don't.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Think we have some true combos on fastfallers when we land last hit of up b just before grabbing the ledge, I've got rcs and bair from a ledge jump after and it seemed true, difficult to test though

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Think we have some true combos on fastfallers when we land last hit of up b just before grabbing the ledge, I've got rcs and bair from a ledge trump after and it seemed true, difficult to test though
You can get stuff on anyone from the first three hits to ledge grab. There is a ~40 frame hitstun box (low/away?) and a ~10 frame one (near/high). Gives bair.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Afro Smash Afro Smash definitely fam, I got it to register in training mode as well. Custom stages to the rescue.
I actually got an up-smash -> aerial triple true combo the other day - they SDIed like mad downwards and into the character model, trying to escape the up-smash through overlap. Bad idea :p

samosa

Smash Cadet

landing upair ->late nair -> bair
This should be a true combo depending on what frame late nair connects, preferably the last ones.

SHAD-> sourspot u-air->footstool->bomb-> tech chase with charge shot

I am not sure if this ever becomes true at higher percents, I think you need 6 frames for the footstool ( 4 jumpsquat, 1 double jump, 1 for footstool). The bomb forces a reaction from the opponent which basically guarantees CS.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
samosa samosa Nice! I've tested and unfortunately they're not true combos due to air dodge coming out too fast. but very cool strings regardless.
The footstool -> bomb combos are well known (but a bit buried in the thread) from Jwest. Completely escapable, but cool, I've yet to manage to land one in a real game.... when I do it will have a highlight video of its own .... :p

samosa

Smash Cadet
samosa samosa Nice! I've tested and unfortunately they're not true combos due to air dodge coming out too fast. but very cool strings regardless.
The footstool -> bomb combos are well known (but a bit buried in the thread) from Jwest. Completely escapable, but cool, I've yet to manage to land one in a real game.... when I do it will have a highlight video of its own .... :p
If you are talking about the video that Jwest posted. The difference here is that he uses the last hit of upair for the footstool while my version uses the 1% hit before the footstool making it connect until 999%.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Ah I see, no I mean the bomb hit out of the footstool is not guaranteed, I tested this awhile ago, unless you're saying it is.... in 1.15...?

samosa

Smash Cadet
Ah I see, no I mean the bomb hit out of the footstool is not guaranteed, I tested this awhile ago, unless you're saying it is.... in 1.15...?
The bomb hit is indeed not guaranteed. But there might be some characters where something like footstool to jab reset works.
I will post some stuff I found when I get back home.

Edit:

down-air -->footstool bomb-->jab reset.
I haven't been able to confirm if it is true yet, it seems I am about 3 frames off for the jab reset on a lvl 9 cpu on 3DS. I still need to try it on WiiU, maybe it's possible to use bomb crouch cancel or platforms.

So here I do down-air -->footstool bomb-->up-b. This should be true.

The interesting thing is that if we can jab reset from a footstool bomb, it should be possible to reset them a couple times in a row. This might be possible because landing upair, uptitlt, dash attack and down air all confirm into footstool at certain percents.

Also here is some fancy stuff:
only 12%

Bowser is so far the only character I found on which aerial footstool --> up-B connects.

Last edited:

Caedus

Smash Cadet
Under the newest patch are all the combos listed in the OP still true? I'm having trouble getting fair to combo into up b, ftilt, and dash attack from the ledge. Actually I can't seem to get the da to fair to fair one either.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Yep, the OP list is all still true. There are still many missing, which you have to scour through the last couple of pages to get at.
I will eventually get around to updating the old list, I spent a LOT of time on the video, so that should be your starting point.
24:00 minute mark for f-air -> f-air
44:30 minute mark for f-air jump-ins (from ledge)
Make sure you get the autocancel, nothing combos without f-air autocancel in jump ins.

All of the f-air combos actually got "easier" with the patch :p

Last edited:

Caedus

Smash Cadet
Got em both finally. Thank you! I watched the whole video about a week ago and I've been going down your list in the OP trying to get all of them to register if they're combos or get them to land if they're strings. I'm wondering about this one now:
0-20%Cross-up dash attack -> SH -> up-air -> J -> b-air -> b-air (sweet) -> Rev CS 72% [the DM string]
Is there an example of this one? It feels like I'm not doing it right. My cs isn't coming out until after I land, I'd like to see how close of a string it is

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
You're doing it right - you need to be essentially off-stage vs. a faster falling target. I believe Afro Smash Afro Smash has some footage of it buried in some of his highlights, well worth the watch incidentally.
I have landed it in the past - and then there was an update that trashed that footage (for which I was very mad).
Ironically since understanding the combo tree now back in Nov I rarely go for it! Because I know that if I got the RC string I can immediately go for D-air ->CS which is more damage and pushes me directly into the jab1 - >f-tilt or up-air (soft) jab1->f-smash chain.
It's a bit silly but that's history for you. DM doesn't really use his own named string :p

Caedus

Smash Cadet
Lol. Well if that's close enough of a string, then I think I might have a new one for the list.

Strong dash attack -> FH -> up-air -> J -> b-air -> b-air (sweet) -> super missile-> SH -> CS

I got this to work on Rob from about 0-15% the first 3 moves true combo. I'm not very good at connecting my missiles to charge shots though, so I'm not sure if that can combo or not. Did 82%

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Yeah, there are an infinite number of variations of strings, that's part of the fun of the game. The DM "string" is in there again for historical reasons, over a year ago we had no idea what we were doing and were
just simply compiling a bit of everything to try and make the full picture come clear. I should probably get rid of it, more of a historical footnote than a useful piece of advice.

And yes what you're describing is actually a combo chain - you can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUrANmnrXwA&t=4851s
It is guaranteed not merely on ROB but on all characters that you can land the RC string on (essentially anything other than kirby or jigglypuff).

That is the power of the combo chains, if you land a combo, and you recognize the pattern, you know the subsequent combo follow up.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
SH FF back hit nair > turnaround D Tilt combos at 0, im sure this will change the meta

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Hmm...I did actually test this a while back. it has to be the increased nair knockback from 1.1.5. When it got the extra frames that still didn't work. I suck at fast turnaround d-tilt however, so it could be my flawed testing.

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
I'm practicing the Super Missile Starter combos from DM's combo video, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to get some of these to true combo.

I am following the same conditions used in the video and am trying to do the SM to CS combos (48:12).

I understand the standing combo has the narrowest window of getting the right distance between Samus and the opponent. Just like in the video, I set Sheik to 30% but I'm having a hard time registering a true combo in training mode. What's the key to getting the CS out as soon as possible after shooting the SM? I assumed it was to mash the CS button but that doesn't seem to work. It might be better to just hit the CS button at the right time just as SM animation is ending.

I do find the short hop version to be easier to pull of (just like in the video, I set Sheik to 65%).

The full hop version is the other one I'm having trouble with. I set Sheik to 90% and position myself just beyond f-tilt range as shown in the video. But again, what's the key to getting the full hop to come out as soon as possible once the SM comes out? I find myself holding the control stick to the side (so that I move toward the opponent once I do jump) and mashing the jump button (which of course makes Samus do her double jump). Is that the key, or is it more about timing it just right to do the full hop? If so, it seems pretty unforgiving on the timing to get it to register as a true combo.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
I don't suggest mashing - it *can* work but you'll have to mash really hard (luigi tornado hard) to randomly hit the combo window. It is pure timing,
The standing version is less challenging than you think in real game, so long as you're at the right range it will combo, even when the combo counter says it doesn't. Still getting it to register will help practice the timing for the input.
The full jump version is the most difficult, particularly at the highest range. It's a near simultaneous input of jump + direction then B. It's a smooth motion, you can't be jittery and mashing will fail. I only press each button once, in the space of time it takes to snap your fingers. That's a good indication of the timescale of the inputs, it's like snapping your fingers.

Caedus

Smash Cadet
What is the best/easiest way to execute the soft up-air > jab > CC > fsmash combo? I've tried a few different ways between diagonal c stick, a button, and a+b=smash, but they all seem clunky and I can't seem to train my fingers to get used to it.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
@caedius it's just simply difficult, unfortunately I'm not much help. The perfect pivot true combo variant does not require pressing down, but instead adds in the layer of difficulty of doing a perfect pivot. I've been personally working on that variant recently when I've had time.
I definitely suggest c-stick set to smash for non-perfect pivot. That was you can angle down and then smash.

Caedus

Smash Cadet
DungeonMaster DungeonMaster I don't remember seeing the perfect pivot variant in the combo video. Is it just a perfect pivot instead of crouch canceling? And does it work for the same percentages as crouch canceling?

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
Has someone already looked into ILWJ(Instant Ledge Wall Jump) Combos? If so, where's a link for that cause I'm blind and can't find anything on it.
Cause I wanted to know if ILWJ FFAC B-air > RCS is a thing we can get. I can't really pull off a lot of the fast inputs as well as I used to since I've been out of it for a while.

Also that new Combo Video you made, DM, is impressive. Only halfway through it so far though.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Yeah nothing specific on ILWJ combos - it's on my list though. I actually want some skill in ILWJ up-air quite badly, because I want to do ILWJ Up-air - > land -> F-air->F-air. and Up-air -> CS. Basically I want the up-air to be turned around so that it knocks them offstage and subsequent attacks to push them further offstage.
B-air -> RCS you should test on DK. At the end of my video there's a section on weird stuff, you can hit DK with B-air while he's facing you that should give you the best combo window to see if it does true combo. My guess would be no, because the B-air may lift him too much vertically but I could be wrong, I'll test a bit tonight.

Thanks on the vid, yeah I'm still slowly working on an update. As advertised 95% of chains still work with current patch. I've been sitting on quite a few vids actually, the update, a spike compilation and zero 2 death part II.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Yeah nothing specific on ILWJ combos - it's on my list though. I actually want some skill in ILWJ up-air quite badly, because I want to do ILWJ Up-air - > land -> F-air->F-air. and Up-air -> CS. Basically I want the up-air to be turned around so that it knocks them offstage and subsequent attacks to push them further offstage.
B-air -> RCS you should test on DK. At the end of my video there's a section on weird stuff, you can hit DK with B-air while he's facing you that should give you the best combo window to see if it does true combo. My guess would be no, because the B-air may lift him too much vertically but I could be wrong, I'll test a bit tonight.

Thanks on the vid, yeah I'm still slowly working on an update. As advertised 95% of chains still work with current patch. I've been sitting on quite a few vids actually, the update, a spike compilation and zero 2 death part II.
The only problem with ILWJ is people are getting smart and banning DH, and it doesn't work on other legal stages.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Definitely true but they're very relevant for FD/omegas on FG. There's that fancy control scheme that lets you get them off even on the tiniest lip of a stage.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Definitely true but they're very relevant for FD/omegas on FG. There's that fancy control scheme that lets you get them off even on the tiniest lip of a stage.
Nah we hang too low. ILWJ or anti-trump jumping doesn't work well for samus like it does for pika.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
So someone brought this to my attention recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kR2M_xXga0

Now I know we tested this long ago and @Jonny Westside has some nifty up-air to footstool bomb transitions - but the ones where the opponent were very far away never worked. The hitstun wasn't sufficient to guarantee the footstool.
I dismissed this the other day but now I'm testing a bit and I'm having trouble de-confirming.
However we did get our air acceleration and gravity patched - and they were not true before but *could* be true now.

I need someone else to test - any takers? @KayJay I know you have a turbo controller too.
I know I haven't been on the discord chat in over a month... i will return, RL is a @#$#, sorry if people have already labed it out.

Last edited:

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699

Now I know we tested this long ago and @Jonny Westside has some nifty up-air to footstool bomb transitions - but the ones where the opponent were very far away never worked. The hitstun wasn't sufficient to guarantee the footstool.
I dismissed this the other day but now I'm testing a bit and I'm having trouble de-confirming.
However we did get our air acceleration and gravity patched - and they were not true before but *could* be true now.

I need someone else to test - any takers? @KayJay I know you have a turbo controller too.
I know I haven't been on the discord chat in over a month... i will return, RL is a @#$#, sorry if people have already labed it out.
The amount of style from this is amazing...I am just speechless at how fun this little setup is lmao.

Caedus

Smash Cadet

I'm having trouble pulling this off. I feel like I'm just too late to Nair, but I feel like I'm bombing immediately after footstool. I'm making sure my training buddy is DIing, using the same percentages and opponent as in the video, and I've gotten it to work one time with the late dash attack, but I'm unable to repeat it after countless tries. Can anyone lend some insight?

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
C Caedus Yeah I've done some experimenting myself, it's cute but not practical vs. the standard combos. Because they are quite high up after the footstool they can vary their descent quite a bit.
The timing problems can be alleviated a bit by burning your jumps super fast but it's still quite tight.

Top Bottom