• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Complete Music (and Sound) Compendium

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
Every time I try to Replace a song in Melee Toolkit it says the file is not the same size and every time I try to replace it in GCR it just crashes. I replaced those two Mvs with the Ganon one like that guy suggested and it's still not working. Any ideas?

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
yeah i figured it out thanks :)

And would anyone happen to know the file name of the main menu song? I assume it's either menu01, 02, or 03. I'm using 20XX if that changes anything

R0bO

Smash Rookie
Figure I'd put this up here cause why not, its all my songs I use for my Melee, the only songs not changed I can think of are Dream Land and the Young Link medley(whatever its called) all the songs are custom looped and chosen by me, anyway enjoy if you wanna use it

For more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPRhdBnoNE4

DOWNLOAD - http://www.mediafire.com/download/yao47yvj8j8njo7/audio.rar
If you don't like the Fox sound effect, I put the original one "fox.ssm(original)" in audio/us just rename it to fox.ssm, and if you don't like any of the sound effects, just keep your /us folder

Main Menu song

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Last edited:

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
The Mushroom kingdom II for the Netplay build.
I looked into it and there are two songs for that stage. One is the original that comes from the original Melee version and an alternative drumstep version of the same song. The default Mushroom Kingdom 2 song is labeled as "inis2_01" so you will need to delete the original .hps file of that name from the audio folder within your MNCB root and then rename your custom music file to inis2_01.hps and copy it to your audio folder (where the original file was). If you are trying to replace the drumstep alternative version then follow the same steps for the file that is labeled "docmari" so you would need to rename it to docmari.hps and copy it into the audio folder of your MNCB root after deleting the original. I think editing music MIGHT cause desyncs if you are using it for actual Dolphin Netplay, so be careful. If you are playing it on console then you should be fine.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Crystalruby

Smash Apprentice
Smashing Some Nubs (With a Pinch of Salt)
NNID
Crystalruby8
I looked into it and there are two songs for that stage. One is the original that comes from the original Melee version and an alternative drumstep version of the same song. The default Mushroom Kingdom 2 song is labeled as "inis2_01" so you will need to delete the original .hps file of that name from the audio folder within your MNCB root and then rename your custom music file to inis2_01.hps and copy it to your audio folder (where the original file was). If you are trying to replace the drumstep alternative version then follow the same steps for the file that is labeled "docmari" so you would need to rename it to docmari.hps and copy it into the audio folder of your MNCB root after deleting the original. I think editing music MIGHT cause desyncs if you are using it for actual Dolphin Netplay, so be careful. If you are playing it on console then you should be fine.

Hope that helps!
It's for personal use by the way. I keep the two files separate. (vanilla MNCB + Custom MNCB)

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Last edited:

Diosama

Stand User
Help me out fam.

I swapped out some songs but now the ISO won't load on my wii from nintendont. It works on my pc with dolphin which is strange.

Any idea what the problemo is?

edit: nevermind, i just had to change the iso name to game lmao

Last edited:

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Does anyone run into any issues with Nintendont and custom-made music? My 20XX ISO used to work fine for me until I swapped out some music files. When I did this, I ran into the issue that the bgm would just completely turn off, but the other sound effects would play just fine and the game would otherwise run fine.

Before I used custom music files, this would never happen. I've tried re-making my audio and tried other HPS files that others have made and still run into the problem. I've asked this in the 20XX thread as well. tl;dr is that I tried a bunch of things such as loading from a class 4 SD card, class 10 SD card, USB stick, and pretty much gave up, since it seemed to be a common problem with Nintendont (the music would never mess up if I loaded the same ISO on my computer in dolphin).

I am still curious about one thing though. I remember reading this from the HPS hacking guide FAQ:

My HPS hack has blips/cracks/pops/static when I listen to it in-game. Why?
Well, I'm sorry to say this, but the program hps_insert.exe is not yet perfect. Basically there are spots in the temp.hps audio file where the decoder coefficient at the start of a block is slightly wrong, so the resulting audio has a small defect. In other words, there's a small problem with the program when it creates the temp.hps file that I haven't been able to fix yet.​

Now, whenever I run into the issue where my bgm would go silent, it usually plays a tiny tiny bit of music in the beginning and then cuts off. Could it be that small imperfections with decoder coefficients cause Nintendont to mess up? I think this would explain why Nintendont music worked fine until I started replacing music. I have also tried making files with MeleeHPS and still run into the same problem. Does anyone know if MeleeHPS has these imperfections with decoder coefficients?

I know that there's a lack of information on how to generate the decoder coefficients in HPS files, and I'm not expecting a fix, but I'm just trying to understand the problem.

Edit: NEVERMIND I found out the answer to my own question. Files created with MeleeHPS seem to use the same decoder states for every block. If Nintendont expects other coefficients, it makes perfect sense why it would get confused and trip up.

Last edited:

whims

Smash Apprentice

Doq

Smash Lord
testing the format with one download link; if it works there are several more to come in another post.

AM2R - Initial Descent By whims - DEMO
Added these to the op. Kitsune91 Kitsune91 don't plug your twitch link in your music posts. it's a pain in the ass taking them out.

thehiddenone91

Smash Rookie
Ive got a few songs that a lot of people might like to have when they're having intense fights on Melee. Can anyone convert these? I'd give it a shot, but sometimes my music stops playing randomly when I do it. Thanks to anyone who can do them!

Song Requests

Street Fighter V Main Menu Theme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WToNxrxppA0
Super Mario World Monstrous Turtles OC Remix - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr1PfB5ght8
Tekken Tag Tournament Ogre Theme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK1s6b3voQw
Tekken Tag Tournament Unknown Theme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZVDNPODfeY
Tekken 6 Cemetary - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqb26e32ehY

TimpZ

Smash Cadet
EDIT: Since there's no posts after this one I'll just edit in some new songs.

Zelda: Link's Awakening (L-Sync remix) - Tal Tal Heights By TimpZ - DEMO
Feel free to give me some criticism on this one since it was really hard to loop with the pitch change and everything. I'm not super happy with how it turned out but I didn't want to remove half the song either so I spent 3 hours on it and figured I might as well share it. I also turned down the volume on the last super loud high pitch notes.

Majoras Mask / Twilight Princess (SonicHyuga rearrangement) - Boss Fight By TimpZ - DEMO

Castlevania (Zircon remix) - Electro Killer By TimpZ - DEMO
This turned out really good I think.

Melee (Radical Raymondd remix) - Menu 2 By TimpZ - DEMO
This crackles noticably at the beginning on Nintendont. I'm not sure what the issue is though since I tested both different volumes and amount of 0's at the dps-files :/. Still it's pretty good and might work fine on emu/dios mios.

Sonic Crackers (Malcos remix) - Dirty Beta (Walkin') By TimpZ - DEMO
This has the same crackling-problem as above. I decided to loop right after the 2 min mark.

Knuckles Chaotix (Metafee6 remix) - Isolated Island (Marina Madness) By TimpZ - DEMO
A little crackling, barely noticeable.

Harvest Moon 64 (Ben Briggs remix) - Disregard Farm, Aquire Fish By TimpZ - DEMO

Super Mario 64 (Ben Briggs Remix) - I Know that Feel By TimpZ - DEMO

Ben Briggs - Don't Force It By TimpZ - DEMO

Super Mario RPG (Ben Briggs Remix) - Peach's Fireplace Secret (Fight against an armed boss) By TimpZ - DEMO

Super Mario 64 / Buck Bumble (Shyabeetus mashup) - SuperBuckWorld By TimpZ - DEMO

SEGA - Sega Saturn, Shiro! By TimpZ - DEMO

Yogatori - Fight ! Kikkoman By TimpZ - DEMO
This is an in-joke in our local community.

Vikingarna - Djingis Khan By TimpZ - DEMO
Same with this.

Frost (TonyDickinson Chiptune Cover) - Black Light Machine By TimpZ - DEMO

Chillindude 829 / BKNAPP - Respect Your Elders By TimpZ - DEMO
As requested by Agent7300

Last edited:
Top Bottom