• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Complete Music (and Sound) Compendium

Trulliam

Smash Rookie
Hey I have been having some similar problems that bduke had been having where some of the custom songs will play for the first few seconds and then mix with the others and start doing scratching noise. The game is just fine its just that certain songs will do this leading for me to have to keep restarting the stage for it to work properly

On a similar note, the only songs I have been able to import in GCRebuilder are ones that are small enough for the specific stage. Earlier comments have said to simply rebuild the iso. Is there a detailed explanation on how to do that? Would I still be able to keep all of the textures and custom songs while doing it? Sorry if these are dumb questions. :p

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Jeez achilles you gotta slow down! You're quintople posting this thread. :joyful:
Fun fact: achilles alone has posted 22/79 or 27.9% of this thread, but has contributed 79% of all music tracks in the OP.
The 20XX 4.0 soundtrack ain't just gonna make itself, unfortunately.
Hey I have been having some similar problems that bduke had been having where some of the custom songs will play for the first few seconds and then mix with the others and start doing scratching noise. The game is just fine its just that certain songs will do this leading for me to have to keep restarting the stage for it to work properly

On a similar note, the only songs I have been able to import in GCRebuilder are ones that are small enough for the specific stage. Earlier comments have said to simply rebuild the iso. Is there a detailed explanation on how to do that? Would I still be able to keep all of the textures and custom songs while doing it? Sorry if these are dumb questions. :p

Thanks and keep up the great work!
Are these songs you made? Did you watch that video that I posted to him that goes over rebuilding with GCR?

-------
Kill Bill - Battle Without Honor or Humanity By Achilles - DEMO

Samurai Warriors 3 - Life or Death By Achilles - DEMO

Last edited:

Trulliam

Smash Rookie
nope these are the ones in the thread. Ill look at the video though. Dont think i saw it

Last edited:

Quinfordmac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
quinford_GameCo
Guys

I don't have the skill/want/knowledge to do it, but someone absolutely needs to do the Sonic Generations Unleashed Project Trailer Theme (By Falk).

Seriously how has no one thought of this.

hpardo11

Smash Rookie
How do you want it looped?
How long into the song can it be looped? If I remember correctly the song loops around 2:20 as seen in the demo video where it just plays the song again at a place that sounds okay. Honestly the looping doesn't really matter to me that much as long as it sounds okay haha.

Doq

Smash Lord
How long into the song can it be looped? If I remember correctly the song loops around 2:20 as seen in the demo video where it just plays the song again at a place that sounds okay. Honestly the looping doesn't really matter to me that much as long as it sounds okay haha.
Hm... I'll look into it.

inb4achillesbeatsmetoit

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.

Achilles1515

Smash Master

DRGN

Technowizard
When's guide?
Speaking of this, @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , when/if you do a guide, could you also take a peek at the audio section in Melee Hacks and You and let me know which of those threads are obsolete or redundant? Seems like there's probably a bunch, and I'd like to clean that area up, but I hardly know anything yet on audio hacking. And then I'll add this thread and your guide to MHaY.

Jagoffian

Smash Journeyman
I'm having some trouble replacing the menu01.hps file. Every song I've tried from the OP (Kill Bill, Mortal Kombat 2) starts to skip immediately when I load up my game, and I always get stuck on the loading screen when trying to select a stage.

It works fine when I use the default music instead, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :/. I also have custom music on other stages (all from this thread) that play fine.

Last edited:

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
I'm having some trouble replacing the menu01.hps file. Every song I've tried from the OP (Kill Bill, Mortal Kombat 2) starts to skip immediately when I load up my game, and I always get stuck on the loading screen when trying to select a stage.

It works fine when I use the default music instead, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :/. I also have custom music on other stages (all from this thread) that play fine.
Are you using Nintendon't? If you are, make sure it's up to date. Sometimes Nintendon't doesn't like to load custom music sometimes. I've had a couple of problems with it.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
I have never personally tested HPS files generated using the recent MeleeHPS method, but I know that HPS files from the "classic" method (hps_insert and hex edits ftw!) work just fine no problems in Nintendont.

Dunno about DM because I have a post-2011 Wii (no GC hardware).

D

Deleted member 269706

Alright so I've been creating a few of these .hps files recently, below is my list of things I've created. I should also note that Battle of the Brave came out as an enormous file for some reason, and when played on an emulator, it has the potential to slow the game down. The updated version of Battle of the Brave does not produce any problems, and the file size is much more appropriate. Anyways, I've been having a lot of fun making these, so I may be helping with a few requests, and some stuff that I think would be awesome in this game. Anyways, here's what I have so far, feedback is always appreciated!

SMT Devil Survivor 2 - Battle of the Brave By Rawkstar - DEMO
Street Fighter II - Guile's Theme Arranged By Rawkstar - DEMO
Baten Kaitos Origins - Valedictory Elegy Guitar Version By Rawkstar - DEMO
LoZ Ocarina of Time - Lost Woods (Ephixa Dubstep Remix) By Rawkstar - DEMO
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - Collective Consciousness By Rawkstar - DEMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Alright so I've been creating a few of these .hps files recently, below is my list of things I've created. I should also note that Battle of the Brave came out as an enormous file for some reason, and when played on an emulator, it has the potential to slow the game down. The updated version of Battle of the Brave does not produce any problems, and the file size is much more appropriate. Anyways, I've been having a lot of fun making these, so I may be helping with a few requests, and some stuff that I think would be awesome in this game. Anyways, here's what I have so far, feedback is always appreciated!

SMT Devil Survivor 2 - Battle of the Brave By Rawkstar - DEMO
Street Fighter II - Guile's Theme Arranged By Rawkstar - DEMO
Baten Kaitos Origins - Valedictory Elegy Guitar Version By Rawkstar - DEMO
LoZ Ocarina of Time - Lost Woods (Ephixa Dubstep Remix) By Rawkstar - DEMO
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - Collective Consciousness By Rawkstar - DEMO
Added. Thanks. Although Metal Gear Rising doesn't have a download link associated with it. Make sure to just use that website Doctorkirby linked to automatically make the format, if you're not already doing that.

Jagoffian

Smash Journeyman
I have never personally tested HPS files generated using the recent MeleeHPS method, but I know that HPS files from the "classic" method (hps_insert and hex edits ftw!) work just fine no problems in Nintendont.

Dunno about DM because I have a post-2011 Wii (no GC hardware).
It runs perfectly on Nintendont. Officially switching over :)

Top Bottom