• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Complete Guide to PK Jibaku Death

Uffe

Smash Hero
This was experimented with all the characters in the middle of the stage of Final Destination without the use of DI. Yes, you can DI "PK Thunder 2." But from where you're standing will determine how long you'll live, DI or not. What's the purpose of me doing this? To see just how low PK Jibaku can kill. I decided to just do two keys. Here they are.

Keys
Close range = Standing very close to the other character.
Long range = Standing at the edge of the stage, but not too far off the edge. I did it this way, otherwise you wouldn't hit the opponent. Know that this is from the aftershock of PK Jibaku. This is possible to survive with DI.

Mario -
30% Close range
92% Long range

Luigi -
33% Close range
92% Long range

Peach -
31% Close range
88% Long range

Bowser -
38% Close range
103% Long range

Donkey Kong -
38% Close range
102% Long range

Diddy Kong -
31% Close range
88% Long range

Yoshi -
36% Close range
97% Long range

Wario -
35% Close range
96% Long range

Link -
34% Close range
95% Long range

Zelda/Sheik -
30% Close range
85% Long range
27% Close range
82% Long range

Ganondorf -
35% Close range
97% Long range

Toon Link -
32% Close range
89% Long range

Samus/Zero Suit Samus -
37% Close range
98% Long range
28% Close range
82% Long range

Pit -
32% Close range
89% Long range

Ice Climbers -
32% Close range
89% Long range

R.O.B. -
36% Close range
97% Long range

Kirby -
28% Close range
81% Long range

Meta Knight -
27% Close range
80% Long range

King DeDeDe -
37% Close range
99% Long range

Olimar -
29% Close range
83% Long range

Fox -
25% Close range
77% Long range

Falco -
27% Close range (You're out of your game, Fox!)
81% Long range

Wolf -
32% Close range (I can't let you brew that, StarBucks!)
92% Long range

Captain Falcon -
34% Close range
94% Long range

Pikachu -
27% Close range
81% Long range

Pokémon Trainer -
  • Squirtle
25% Close range
77% Long range
  • Ivysaur
34% Close range
93% Long range
  • Charizard
36% Close range
98% Long range

Lucario -
34% Close range
93% Long range

Jigglypuff -
25% Close range
76% Long range

Marth -
30% Close range
86% Long range

Ike -
35% Close range
95% Long range

Ness -
32% Close range
90% Long range

Lucas -
31% Close range
89% Long range

Mr. Game & Watch -
26% Close range
79% Long range

Snake -
37% Close range
100% Long range

Sonic -
32% Close range
90% Long range

Uffe

Smash Hero
Sweet. Why do you call it PK Jibaku?
I think it sounds better than PK Thunder 2. But that's just me. Plus I saw PK Jibaku in a debug menu from Super Smash Bros. Melee on YouTube or something. I guess the word means self explode. I can't find the video, but it was posted on the boards. Of course PK Flash said PK Flush. XD

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I think it sounds better than PK Thunder 2. But that's just me. Plus I saw PK Jibaku in a debug menu from Super Smash Bros. Melee on YouTube or something. I guess the word means self explode. I can't find the video, but it was posted on the boards. Of course PK Flash said PK Flush. XD
XD.

W/H PK Jikabu has a certain ring to it.

_clinton

Smash Master
It is fun to know that...if you are going to hit with PKT2...it is going to be the strong end of it 90% of the time ^_^

_clinton

Smash Master
The Shinning Palm (Fair)
Ring around the Rosie (Nair)
PK Horsekick (Bair)
Brain Cyclone (Uair)
Foot to the head (Dair)

Casey Bat (Guess)
Trick Yoyo (Guess)

Spinning Kick (Ftilt)
Low Blows (Utilt and Dtilt)

PK Shove (Dash Attack)

Hello and Goodbye (Bthrow)
Cowboy Up (Uthrow)
Disco Super Star (Fthrow)
Chessnuts by an open fire (Dthrow)

Uffe

Smash Hero
@ xoxokev: Like I said, whether the opponent uses DI or not, knowing how low the percent they can die and how close they are to the blast zone determines their fate. :laugh: So far the lowest is 27% on Sheik, close and fresh, which against is kind of pathetic since I would have thought Sheik had more of a defense than Zelda. Lighter characters might have it much lower, though. And yes, I just noticed I am a Smash Lord. I'm not exactly sure that's something for me to be happy about. :ohwell:

Also, nice list there, EarthBound Zero. It'd be awesome if Ness' Bat was red. He needs the Legendary Bat.

_clinton

Smash Master
mkay then, whatever...What do the Fry Pans, Guns, Other weapons, and the Sword of Kings look like?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Uh, in case anybody cares, I updated the list. I'm going to try and get more of this down as soon as I can. Perhaps someone should take it and post it somewhere so people know how low the percents go.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Cracked Bat ftw!

I personally call my bair "The Stinger" because I use Bumblebee Ness. :D
Nair is "The Spin" (No name for 64 nair, gotta think of one).
Fair/dash attack "PK Sparks" ("The Palm" in 64).
Dair is "The Foot".
Uair is "The Headbutt" (My friends also note how Ness' head is HUGE so I say that this move is VERY dangerous!).
Dthrow is "PK Inferno".
Rest of Ness' throws are "PK Throw" in different directions.
Yoyos are "Walk The Dog" and "Around The World".
Bat is simply "CRACK!" ("PIIIIIIIING!" in 64/Melee).

Uffe

Smash Hero
I just noticed how many people have put this in their sig since I posted it here. :laugh:

Gaussis

Smash Ace
I fear that this newfound infestation will spread throughout the entire board at this rate.

Oh well, then I help spread it too :evil:.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Uffe, Zelda will always live longer than Sheik because Zelda kills horizontal knockback better than Sheik does with her double jump.

You will notice this when you compare Snake to D3.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Darn you all for stealing mah joke Uffe's sprite. You're hijacking the thread with hilarity and it must stop.

It's sort of funny that Ness' PKT2 can kill in the 30s at point blank. Sorta seems like he should be more broken than he is. With mindgamez, you could pull off PKT2 a lot against opponents that are forced to approach.

...On another note MUHAHAHAHA

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Rofl we now have a test of survival for sure. Nesses are flipping out everywhere. Hopefully our more knowledgeable members can keep their cool and don't start flipping out like these rebels do.

And the best part is, I'm joining them

:estatic:

Uffe

Smash Hero
WTF did my topic turn into? :laugh: If this gets locked, I'm going to have to redo this.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Fox is super light, just so you know... Even though he is a fast faller...

Uffe

Smash Hero
Well I haven't gotten around to testing the rest of the roster. But for now, it makes me wonder if Fox is the lightest character. Olimar doesn't even die that early.

Dajayman

Fox is light, but this also proves his horizontal-DI isn't good either. His terrible DI is probably the main reason he's dying the earliest, because there are a good amount of characters lighter than Fox even though Fox is considered light. Another thing I think is that horizontal aerial acceleration/speed might have something to do with this. And seeing how Fox has terrible horizontal aerial acceleration and speed to stop him from negating the direction he is flying, he is dying very early. Finish the rest of the characters and definately do Jigglypuff's death percent soon. Although I know Jiggs has excellent DI and excellent aerial speed/acceleration, I have a hard time believing she will die at later percents than Fox.

Offtopic: I decided to add at least one Hyper Ness to every single one of my posts from now on.

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
How do you grab those spinning Nesses...Copying doesn't seem to work.
Well that makes me feel better. Gotta save those PKT2s now.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
How do you grab those spinning Nesses...Copying doesn't seem to work.
Well that makes me feel better. Gotta save those PKT2s now.
Sorry, YumClock. You need more awesome in order to have this sprite.

Just right click on it and do Save Picture As. Might want a Photobucket account to save it to in order to throw it around the Ness Boards freely. Actually, scratch that last part. Only Gaussis, Uffe, and I are allowed to do that. :p

I'm thinking if PKT2 is really this powerful, it should be used sparingly at most against characters who can counter. If Marth/Ike countered a PKT2, would the knockback of Counter be equivalent to the knockback of PKT2? Because... that would hurt. A lot.

Uffe

Smash Hero
^^^ No idea, but I feel as if I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going against when I fight Marth. I either seem to win or get him down to one stock. I don't think I've ever been two stocked by Marth.

Dajayman

. Actually, scratch that last part. Only Gaussis, Uffe, and I are allowed to do that. :p

Too late, I did it when I first copied it. Just look at my Hyper Ness' image location. :)

And a countered PKT2 would do alot damage and knockback, more than it would be if it hit them. Be careful.

Top Bottom