• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Christmas/New Year Update

Zek

Smash Ace
Kirby King, this thread should just be replaced with a new one about the week break.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm kinda glad we won't be getting any updates next week and a half. Because of the delay, it's harder for Sakurai to make good updates. (Despite I have been enjoying almost every recent update)

When the site continues to update, we can probably expect a new comer or a veteran as a bombshell update sometime.

I guess Sakurai needs a break anyways, it's the holidays! Cheer up everyone. :)

Garuda

Smash Ace
Wow, guys. Calm the hell down, they're just taking a break. It's not like their lives revolve around just us. That's just plain selfish.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
Christmas update was something we already knew...why does Sakurai do that crap?!!!!!!! gosh im getting tired of checking the dojo the updates are starting to get worse again.

Rosadiddly

Smash Cadet
wow... who was the one that predicted that we were gonna get a really awesome super great character update on either christmas or new year's?

Garuda

Smash Ace
Eh, gotta agree. I've never missed a single update, catching it at the exact time it comes up. I guess I'll be able to sleep well again... for now at least. Just remember, for several months we had NO info on Brawl. Please realize that Sakurai is actually being VERY selfless.

In response to rosadiddly: I didn't expect anything, but MAN did I not expect this. Imagined it, but very briefly. When have we EVER had a holiday-oriented update anyway?

KCJ506

Smash Cadet
Makes sense, everybody's gotta have at least one week of vacation each year, why should the Dojo runners be any different? It'll be nice to have a quiet week. Besides, come one month from now, we're going to have info coming out the wazoo, so one week won't kill us.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Most of the updates were miscellaneous anyway so it doesn't really bother me.

Maybe this will give Sakurai some time to form a killer update next time.

Falsh

Smash Cadet
Now with their well deserved vacation, there is only 26 updates until February 10th.... With 3 final smashes yet to be revealed , along with 8 character's special moves. If the updates continue until February 10th, that leaves 15 other updates (if he doesn't do any double updates or actually does all the veteran's special moves).

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
So much for your great new years update. I guess even Christmas was better than this XD

But hey, you have got to admit, the Coin Launcher is totally awesome and completely unexpected... or am I the only one that likes that update? Doesn't make up for a whole week though...

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
there will be no New Year awesome-update

we didn't get an awesome update on Christmas, so we'll no get an awesome update on New Year

it looks like Sakurai is not Christian...

india3

Smash Cadet
no!!! my birthday is jan. 4, and i was REALLY looking forward to my birthday update.. darn you sakurai..

though i do understand that youneed a break..

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
I hope that Sakurai will surprise us with a Quintuple update when he comes back......What's gonna happen to Pandacast numero dos?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Maybe the one-week break could be worth the wait. It's not like this update break was happening during the usmmer or anything. Japanese release date is less than a month away, I think we can cut Sakurai some slack with deciding to take an update break right now.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yes, but the rehab will probably pay off should we get an asston of juicy information afterwards. Honestly, we've been getting completely shafted up the guess-where with lackluster updates. There's only so many of those we can get....especially this close to release.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Asston = Best unit of measurment ever.

Anyway, for those who oppose, look at the brightside! He wished us all a Happy New Year! That holiday is huge for them as well as us, so let them enjoy it to the fullest and not have to worry about work. Plus, the Dragoon was a pretty killer update, and adds yet another unexpected twist to gameplay (We've been getting a lot of those lately, the pokemon-esque trophy stand, coin launcher, and now this. Plus all that we knew about before...

This is going to be such a great game.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
Ladies and Gentlemen, i have a theory. These updates we've been getting lately, garbage. You want to know why? Christmas. Sakurai needs a megaton for christmas so he's been saving it since stage creator. I believe on christmas day we will get a character. I can 100% guarentee it. Watch it happen fellows smashers.
yes, sonics final smash, i would have never guessed it was that, oh, wait, i knew that all ready... oh and no new year update, so dont go there.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Wow, this is beyond hilarious, first people made speculations about every significant day they could think of and got nothing, and the only date left was new years, which won't be happening. Too funny.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is beyond hilarious, first people made speculations about every significant day they could think of and got nothing, and the only date left was new years, which won't be happening. Too funny.
I'm glad we know now, then the whiners can get it out of their systems before New Year's Day at 2 a.m.

Or wait...we're probably going to have someone claim he's playing mindgames, and that he really is going to update even though it says he won't, and on New Year's he's going to reveal Geno. :p

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Well actually the Japenese celebrate more of Christmas Eve then Christmas, they even start decorating for New Years on Christmas day. If you noticed the only thing Sakurai did for Christmas was the snow on the overalls update, nothing on sonics. I didn't even expect anything on Christmas.

Top Bottom