• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Christmas/New Year Update

Fenris_Wolf

Smash Rookie
Things we've been right about:
Sakuari's birthday
The 100th update
The meeting where they delayed brawl but confirmed sonic (can't remember the name).

Things we've been wrong about:
4th of July
Haloween
Thanksgiving
CoroCoro
The First Update of every Month
December 3rd
Heck, some people even believed that we'd get a megaton for the day Halo 3 came out!

There have been many more times where we've been wrong than right. None of the times we've been right have been recent, nor have we ever been right on a holiday. The only reason we'd get a character is if that "2 new character's/month" theory is true, which I dobut. I expect 1 more new character to fill up that remaining newcomer spot, and that's it. Havn't you all learned to not keep your hopes up.

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
Halloween update will own! CAPTAIN FAL- ...nevermind..
Thanksgiving will be giving us something aweso- .....sigh nevermind
CoroCoro will reveal THE ENTIRE ROSTER! I know they will!....you gotta be kidding me...
Christmas/New years - **** it I've learned to not get my hopes up. (this is the majority of what people are thinking including me, can you blame them?)

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Actually Delibird could work pretty awesome. You know his signature move? Present? It has the chance of either damaging or recovering an opponent so maybe Delibird could do something like this. He appears and runs around the stage, throwing presents everywhere that stay as items. After some time he disappears but his presents are still there. Now it's your choice to pick a present or not because when you pick one it could either: a) Recover your health. b) explode and send you flying away.

Or yeah... Claus in Brawl!! 8P

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
That be sweet if Claus was confirmed on Christmas but he won't because Holidays never have good things and Claus will be unlockable so he won't be shown until after the games release in japan.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Far greater chance on New Years then Christmas since most of Japan doesn't celebrate Christmas fully (however, I noticed a lot of world cultures observe some elements of it and also there are some christians in Japan).

clace

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think about it, grocery stores and important stuff like that are closing early on Xmas and New Years. Thus everybody in Sakurai in his development team might get the day off, including Sakudork himself. What makes us think we'll get an update?

Meh....lets just hope we get something on atleast Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.
Sakudork? SAKUDORK!?
Falcon...PAWNCH!
Anyway, I predict an update like this;

Stocks!
Wait. what?
(Pic of some stock icons)
T-they A-a-are So S-small!

Stocks are like lives except they sound more sophisticated, and they...Um...Wow this update really sucks huh?
(pic of stock exploding)
Oh My G-g-g-god! Run for your l-l-l-l-l-l...Lllllives...Phew, that was hard work.

Stocks in brawl are exactly the same as in melee, except retardedly small.

(pic of stocks in melee and brawl)
T-t-the d-d-d-d-difference is u-u-u-u-...*gibberish*.

HES GONNA BLOW!
(pic of Sakurai exploding.)

Yeah, uh...Sakurai's dead so brawl is cancelled. kthxbai.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
Ah, the classic "OMG, special day, super speshul update" prediction. Not trying to be pessimistic or anything, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. You're only setting yourselves up for disappointment. But hey if something epic happens on Christmas/New Years', that's great. I'll be waiting for the mountain of 'I-told-you-sos'.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
Since ultimately we are celibrating a higher authority's birthday on Christmas, I think Geno should be the update for Christmas day (Althought it won't be). Same goes for the New Years update. We are celebrating a "NEW" Year, so why not a "NEW" Character.

Pvt DONUT

Smash Rookie
Senor Crouch;3555407 Same goes for the New Years update. We are celebrating a "NEW" Year said:
LOL. I agree we desperately need another character update, not some assist trophy uptdate. the best gift that I could possibly get would be a printed page from the dojo confirming that Falco or Sylux is in brawl.

(jkk)

Smash Cadet

I Hope Sakurai gets us these for Christmas. I like to eat the blue ones because they look like blue berry's. This would be better then any dumb Falcon update.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Ladies and Gentlemen, i have a theory. These updates we've been getting lately, garbage. You want to know why? Christmas. Sakurai needs a megaton for christmas so he's been saving it since stage creator. I believe on christmas day we will get a character. I can 100% guarentee it. Watch it happen fellows smashers.

Shut up with your stupid theory, when will you realize the updates come when ever they want to their is no special occasion update, only special updates for Special Gaming conventions like Sonic:E4All and DonkeyKong:E3 and Snake:TokyoGameShow(TGS)

ShurikenBW

Smash Cadet
There will be nothing on Christmas day, just like December 3rd, Sakurai's birthday, and Halloween.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff won't be confirmed on christmas..if you saw they were showing at least 2 every months all the way through past christmas.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Something on Christmas? ... deja vu... I guess I forgot that ALL COUNTRIES CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS? There's never been proof that he puts on certain updates for special holidays or anything similar, please don't get your hopes up.

Nova X81

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4768-7615-3064
Switch FC
SW-1268-6324-2517
December 25th Update:

The Antithesis to "You Must Recover!" -- You Must Edgeguard!

Followed 4 pictures of various characters hanging on the edge, with a caption describing 'hanging there' as the ultimate edgeguard.

miztavcruz17

Smash Rookie
i've been gettin disappointed at the usual "special day" updates, so im not gonna get my hopes up 2 high for this one..

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
At best it will be an AT.

Just have to say it. It will not be a special update.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
Doubt it will be special, but who knows? Christmas is pretty big in Japan. Just have to wait two days to find out.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
On Christmas day, what update better suit this magnificent holiday than...
WARNING
NEWCOMER

Jesus

Along with a second update:
Jesus: Final Smash!
Calls God on a cellphone... Thunderbolts rain down from the heavens on the enemies.

And he would actually be god tier. I'd main him.

Top Bottom