• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Christmas/New Year Update

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Ladies and Gentlemen, i have a theory. These updates we've been getting lately, garbage. You want to know why? Christmas. Sakurai needs a megaton for christmas so he's been saving it since stage creator. I believe on christmas day we will get a character. I can 100% guarentee it. Watch it happen fellows smashers.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ladies and Gentlemen, i have a theory. These updates we've been getting lately, garbage. You want to know why? Christmas. Sakurai needs a megaton for christmas so he's been saving it since stage creator. I believe on christmas day we will get a character. I can 100% guarentee it. Watch it happen fellows smashers.
Especially cause the Japanese celebrate Christmas like Americans do.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Ladies and Gentlemen, i have a theory. These updates we've been getting lately, garbage. You want to know why? DECEMBER THIRD. Sakurai needs a megaton for DECEMBER THIRD so he's been saving it since stage creator. I believe on DECEMBER THIRD we will get a character. I can 100% guarentee it. Watch it happen fellows smashers.
I've seen this happen too many times. Don't get yourself all riled up to be shut down all over again.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Especially cause the Japanese celebrate Christmas like Americans do.
Now now now, just because Sakurai might not celebrate Christmas doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about it. Still, with the crappy updates we've been getting, I'm picturing him being a total scrooge, and keeping all of the goodie golden udates all for himself and for his employees.

I think he's in need of a vision from good ol Christmas Past, Present, and Future.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
100%..? Pretty confident huh?

Remember the Halloween and Thanksgivings updates?
Though it can be argued that Christmas is more of a global holiday than the other two, I won't get my hopes up too high.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
My prediction. Dojo shuts down on the 25th! Staff goes on break!

Sakurai: Did I really just do that? Yeah, I did. Now you can go enjoy Christmas with your families America!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
For the Halloween update, there was a little pumpkin guy on the Summit. That probably wasn't a coincidence, and I think Sakurai would do something similar for Christmas. As for what kind of update it'll be, it's 0% possible to know for sure.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Though it can be argued that Christmas is more of a global holiday than the other two, I won't get my hopes up too high.
Getting hopes up= Dangerous now.

Things incorrect about:
Halloween
Thanksgiving
December 3rd
CoroCoro

Probably Dec25th. It's best of both worlds not to get hopes up. So if it's something good, it'd be a surprise and you can enjoy the surprise that moment without having stressed over it.:)

Arteen

Smash Lord
Decemer 25, 2007: You Must Recover!
Remember how I said that you need to jump back to the stage to recover? Now I'll tell you how to do that! Press the jump button! Why did I just waste another update? It's too late to ponder such questions, as Mario has just grabbed a smash ball!

Tobi-

Smash Ace
December 25th, 2007 - Idle Animation!

Ooo! If you don't press any buttons at the start screen..

SUPRISE!!

You get to see..Some amazing fights with the computers!! Some Intros for the smashers aswell!!!!!!!

You even get to see some lockable scenes from SSE!!!

I-I want it!!

TheLongestShizzle

Smash Rookie
Remember how I said that you need to jump back to the stage to recover? Now I'll tell you how to do that! Press the jump button! Why did I just waste another update? It's too late to ponder such questions, as Mario has just grabbed a smash ball!
rofl..

I kinda hope this happens.. i would be better than another "stafy" update =P

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Santa Claus is already confirmed.

You didn't know Wario had a alternate costume as Santa Claus? What else is his belly for and his one way snowsled?

Look. His nose is red too. Like Santa Claus.

lol

TehDuke

Smash Rookie
It's true that if Sakurai was going to do a special holiday update, Christmas would be the time to do it (Since it is a major holiday in all the countries listed on the Dojo [Even Japan, while having a Christian minority, many Japanese still celebrate Christmas as a holiday of gift-giving]).

It'd probably be something subtle-but-not-really-so, like a NiGHTS Assist trophy, with the chance of appearing in Christmas NiGHTS form.

... Or something like that. But that's a slim possibllity, in my opinion.

I really don't expect a partiularly earth-shattering update on that day though... I see it as a day just like any other on the Dojo.

I doubt I'll even get around to checking it that day, come to think of it <_<

TheLongestShizzle

Smash Rookie
rofl..

I kinda hope this happens.. it would be better than another "stafy" update =P

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Yeah, I don't expect anything to be different than usual. There's been too many days where we all thought something epic would go down, but alas to no avail. If it's a rockin' update, it'll merely be coincedence. The biggest date I'm looking forward to next is Jan. 24th.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
lol No.

How long will it be until you people realize that update DO NOT SYNCH UP WITH ANY HOLIDAY, BIRTHDAY, OR RELEASE DATE. The ONLY THING they synch up with is public events showing new information for Brawl.

END.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I just don't get why you guys think there's going to be some kind of special update on the 25th. He didn't do nada for Miyamoto's B-day and nothin' on Dec. 3rd. We are just going to get regular updates until Brawl comes out. C'mon man...enough with these kind of threads.

iMichael

Smash Lord
watch it be crawling or something like that
I don't know if you were trying to make that sound bad, because right now....crawling is something we all want info on from Masahiro. Actually that would be a great update.....hope we get that tomorrow lol

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
December 25th update: Rotation!

You can rotate the control stick!

ro0kie42

Smash Apprentice
i got hyped up for the dec 3rd update. i refuse to get hopes up at all anymore. haha.

I just don't get why you guys think there's going to be some kind of special update on the 25th. He didn't do nada for Miyamoto's B-day and nothin' on Dec. 3rd. We are just going to get regular updates until Brawl comes out. C'mon man...enough with these kind of threads.
Well, unlike a birthday, Christmas is a memorial holiday celebrated by many nations. It would make sense to do something great for this holiday.

Flaming_Wuzzle

Smash Cadet
Well, since he did do something (small) for Halloween, it's not really much of a stretch to think he might make some sort of reference to Christmas on the December 24/25th update(s), however small it may be.

I wouldn't expect anything big, though. We've been let down too many times to think that would happen.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Normal (or worse) updates for:

Metroid Prime 3 launch
Halloween
Miyamoto's Birthday
Thanksgiving
Sakurai's Birthday
Galaxy launch
December 3rd
CoroCoro release day
Megaman's 20th birthday

guys, if anything, updates are usually worse than normal on 'major' days. unless Nintendo was holding some kind of press conference or major media event or something that day, and they even chose to reveal new brawl info at it, there will be nothing major. it will be either average or well below average.

Normal (or worse) updates for:

Metroid Prime 3 launch
Halloween
Miyamoto's Birthday
Thanksgiving
Sakurai's Birthday
Galaxy launch
December 3rd
CoroCoro release day
Megaman's 20th birthday

guys, if anything, updates are usually worse than normal on 'major' days. unless Nintendo was holding some kind of press conference or major media event or something that day, and they even chose to reveal new brawl info at it, there will be nothing major. it will be either average or well below average.
All of those mentioned days are insignificant.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
While it would make sense to do a great update on specifically that day, I don't think Sakurai will do that.
Everyone who got their hopes up for Dec. 3rd, I'm sorry, but America is certainly not the only country in the world. Your fault for believing in a silly "prediction" and thus being disappointed about it. Halloween...it's more of an American holiday, though other countries know about it too, they just don't celebrate it the same way and is by far not the most special day in Octobre. Now, Thanksgiving...I don't know about you, but I guess this we all can agree was absolutely stupid to believe in a super duper update. I mean, it speaks for itself. Then on all the birthdays, there wasn't a great update as many had hoped.

So, Christmas is a little bit different, and I'm sure Sakurai knows about the holiday as do many people in the world, but once again, you can't be sure. So let's keep it down, please, for the sake of this community ;)

And I DON'T agree that the updates, in comparison to these major days, weren't that good. Today is a normal day, and STILL there was a very good double update, a stage AND music.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai will just reference Christmas in the update somewhere. He did it for Halloween, putting a pumpkin on The Summit stage which would have been totally random on any other day.

So I would expect either a screenshot that has a lot of red and green and perhaps white on it, or maybe the update will be about some sharing feature in Brawl, etc. Just something that has a Christmas feel or reference in it...

Top Bottom