• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I agree with Bair, D-Throw and Boomerang.

Seriously, I just use Boomerang so much it just hurts how much start up there is.

Also, D-Throw combo's were so great in Brawl, it sucks it got nerfed.

Air speed and Weight though...

Honestly, I would much rather they fix Toon Link's Aerial Up-B and have it less momentum reliant. It just so bad I swear Link's is actually better

:135:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I agree with Bair, D-Throw and Boomerang.

Seriously, I just use Boomerang so much it just hurts how much start up there is.

Also, D-Throw combo's were so great in Brawl, it sucks it got nerfed.

Air speed and Weight though...

Honestly, I would much rather they fix Toon Link's Aerial Up-B and have it less momentum reliant. It just so bad I swear Link's is actually better

I just hate his weight. He carries a shield, sword, packet of Bombs, Boomerang and Hero's Bow. He should be at least as heavy as Falco. His Air Speed annoys me because even though Toon Link is supposed to be a faster, weaker Link, his air speed is poor.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I just hate his weight. He carries a shield, sword, packet of Bombs, Boomerang and Hero's Bow. He should be at least as heavy as Falco. His Air Speed annoys me because even though Toon Link is supposed to be a faster, weaker Link, his air speed is poor.
Eh, he has magic pockets. That's how his light

In regards to his air speed I would agree with

But to be honest, i was fine with Toon link air speed in Brawl and it's the exact same in Sm4sh (though it seems slower) but I guess it would help with a bit of a Buff

Though honestly I think Link is in a more serious need of speed buff than Toon Link (though Toon link needs it too)

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't that kinda screw up Link's design, though? Don't get me wrong, mobility buffs for the hero of time would be really good for the character, but isn't he supposed to be the "stronger, but slower" older brother?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Wouldn't that kinda screw up Link's design, though? Don't get me wrong, mobility buffs for the hero of time would be really good for the character, but isn't he supposed to be the "stronger, but slower" older brother?
Yes his is, but when you look at there stats, most of Toon link's moves are only like 2 frames faster than Link's at most

2 measly frames.

And I get Link's design, but it seems unfair Link's fastest moves come out Frame 7. Like, why?

Also, Link used to have the 4th highest air mobility in the game. And it make him super broken or better than his speedier counter part?

Last edited:

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Yes his is, but when you look at there stats, most of Toon link's moves are only like 2 frames faster than Link's at most

2 measly frames.
Yikes, I didn't know this!

Also, Link used to have the 4th highest air mobility in the game. And it make him super broken or better than his speedier counter part?
Didn't know this either!

Well, a few mobility buffs wouldn't hurt him (just as long as he's not too fast).
Would decreasing the startup of his tilts, and making the FAF of them earlier help with his attack speed problem? (also, shaving off some endlag from his dthrow would make it even better)

Also, a bit unrelated, but his aerials (excluding uair and dair) already have low landing lag. I kinda wish :4tlink: could have the same with his fair and bair >_<

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yikes, I didn't know this!
No joke, that only move that is significantly faster is Ftilt Frame 9 compared to Link's Frame 13
Didn't know this either!

Well, a few mobility buffs wouldn't hurt him (just as long as he's not too fast).
Would decreasing the startup of his tilts, and making the FAF of them earlier help with his attack speed problem? (also, shaving off some endlag from his dthrow would make it even better)

Also, a bit unrelated, but his aerials (excluding uair and dair) already have low landing lag. I kinda wish :4tlink: could have the same with his fair and bair >_<
Okay, actually doing research, it turns out it's tied 6th-9th. but compared to what it is now, it's a serious nerf. Just buff his air speed and alls good

Yeah, it's just a really head scratch why a number of Toon link's moves have so much more landing lag then Link's

I will never understand Bair's Landing Lag nerf. Especially when you compare to other similar moves like Sheik's Fair etc

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
No joke, that only move that is significantly faster is Ftilt Frame 9 compared to Link's Frame 13

Okay, actually doing research, it turns out it's tied 6th-9th. but compared to what it is now, it's a serious nerf. Just buff his air speed and alls good

Yeah, it's just a really head scratch why a number of Toon link's moves have so much more landing lag then Link's

I will never understand Bair's Landing Lag nerf. Especially when you compare to other similar moves like Sheik's Fair etc

Probably because Bair was arguably his best move in Brawl.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Well, it looks like no one I really know is here.
Well, this is for the people who knew me:

Sorry guys, I'm maining Marth/Palu now instead of Marth/Toon.
Probably has something to do with the fact that Toon was my first "competitive" main, and I thought you had to do ATs to succeed. So it looks like that no matter what I do, I always fall into a patterns with him. Somehow, my Palu just does better even though she's kind of a worse version of Marth. And Marth is already not so great.

Love y'all.
<3

Well, this might change again very soon...
I'm going to college, and there's going to be smash there. yeeeeeeeeeee

You know what, to hell with all this, never mind.
I just came back from a hiatus from Smash and I'm just thinking more clearly in my games, lol.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
@Fox Is Openly Deceptive, you may want to modify the OP of this thread in order to remove the Skype Chat advertisement if you can. Nobody uses it anymore, and we've pretty much all but migrated to Discord at this point in time. The last post in the group was exactly a month ago on May 14th, and since then it somehow bugged out on me anyway and is now telling me I left the group even though I didn't. Just wanted to let you know as I got a friend request a couple days ago from someone who wanted to join, but I had to tell them that it's inactive now.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
@Fox Is Openly Deceptive, you may want to modify the OP of this thread in order to remove the Skype Chat advertisement if you can. Nobody uses it anymore, and we've pretty much all but migrated to Discord at this point in time. The last post in the group was exactly a month ago on May 14th, and since then it somehow bugged out on me anyway and is now telling me I left the group even though I didn't. Just wanted to let you know as I got a friend request a couple days ago from someone who wanted to join, but I had to tell them that it's inactive now.
RIP: Toon Link SSB4 skype chat
you may be dead, but you will live on in our hearts

btw, the order of messages in that was me, halfy, then scamper... and it was like 4am for me when this happened lol.
LONG LIVE SP00PY SKELYMASN!!!

Last edited:

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
RIP: Toon Link SSB4 skype chat
you may be dead, but you will live on in our hearts

btw, the order of messages in that was me, halfy, then scamper... and it was like 4am for me when this happened lol.
LONG LIVE SP00PY SKELYMASN!!!
my messages are the lighter color because I made the pic
amicoolyet

D

Deleted member

I don't know how I managed to forget about this for so long, it's been unusable for over two months iirc. Sorry about that. The reference to the group was still in the title so I just removed it. I don't know if that group is actually even usable for anyone anymore, and it at least isn't for anyone I made a moderator and it's not usable for me either. Skype is so buggy. Thanks @Fox Is Openly Deceptive for fixing the OP.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
...I mean, most of us almost always thought he was high tier. It's just that it's offically recognised now.
You're right, but it just feels so satisfying for tink to be acknowledged as a high tier character instead of just "another mid tier", because our short lack of results after the events of last month.

Top Bottom