• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cave (Geneva, IL) Bi-Weeklies 9/9

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
WHOAH a sunday? lol I just realized this how lame. Trains are kinda looking iffy for this so I gotta check scheduals and stuff :/.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Hmm, so apparently I have a family party to go to this day, so I might only be there until 4. I'll see what I can do though.

Tink

Smash Hero
i want to go, but not if only like, 7 people show up again <_<. everytime people say they are going to this. and people say, "oh no, alot of people go" then i go and noone is there -_-. its already happned 2 times. its actually far for me to go. so i might be there. i havnt played smash in 2 weeks, so it would be fun.

Nike

Smash Apprentice
I am working on a way to get the game on TV, we currently do not have cable or satellite at The Cave so I am working on perfecting the placement of the antennae for optimal signal for the game.

So don't worry I to want to watch my beloved Bears kick some San Diego Chargers ***. So one way or another we will get to watch ( or at the worst listen to the Bears)
awesome, glad to here it. i was finally able to get some1 to work my shift tomorrow so it looks like i'm coming.

this may sound pushy but would it be alright if i brought a tv with an antenea to catch the us open final? i know this sounds weird, but i wanna go to this tournament and i also wanna watch the bears and the us open. hoping i can balance all three.

anybody still looking for a doubles partner?

Nike

Smash Apprentice
i wanna see ferrer vs federrer(sp?) it better happen <_<.
cool somebody else cares.

sorry to burst ur bubble Tink, but ferrer lost to djokovic today. federer did however beat davydenko today so it's a Federer vs. Djokovic final. i really want to see federer lose. i ****ing hate that guy.

Tink

Smash Hero
god dammit. i wanted to see ferrer win =(((. teh underdog kicking nadals asz was toooo good.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Matt and myself will be there round noon to whoop some punk ***, *****es!

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
If anyone wants to bring an extra TV to watch the US open that is fine by me, sorry I didn't post back until now. But if anyone gets this they are more than welcome

Me14k

Smash Lord
Good Tourny. Once again.
Thanks Jeff and the rest of the cave.

What were the results for teams/singles...all I know is singles was 1. eddie 2. dabear. (i think)

See ya all in 2 weeks when the next cave tourny.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Well it was fun, 14k we never got in our crew battle. I'll be at the next cave tourny, and probably the Lisle one this saturday too.

Matt

Banned via Administration
Well OBVIOUSLY everyone expected me to be in the top 3. Sorry it was such an upset, guys! I blame, uhhhh, glare. And, of course, "Azua spilled beer on my controller." That one never fails.

Congrats to the winners!

PS. Brightside has ruined Japes for me. I don't know where to counterpick anymore. I think I'll just quit the game forever. =( =( =(

Mars-

Smash Champion
Well OBVIOUSLY everyone expected me to be in the top 3. Sorry it was such an upset, guys! I blame, uhhhh, glare. And, of course, "Azua spilled beer on my controller." That one never fails.

Congrats to the winners!

PS. Brightside has ruined Japes for me. I don't know where to counterpick anymore. I think I'll just quit the game forever. =( =( =(
Rofl, that was really sad when you lost. I wasn't expecting you to get top three, until I saw how well you were doing.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
lol Japes is just TO good. I had some of the craziest combo's I have ever done that match ^_^.

GG's all I played. Was a really fun tourney IMO and I am looking forward to the caves bi-weeklies. At future tourneys I definatly plan to enter as Zec? or Zec!

Zjiin

Smash Master
lol Japes is just TO good. I had some of the craziest combo's I have ever done that match ^_^.

GG's all I played. Was a really fun tourney IMO and I am looking forward to the caves bi-weeklies. At future tourneys I defintetly plan to enter as Zec? or Zec!
Zec? Zec.

...Zec!

lmao, he was so aggravated.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Brinstar is 222good for Jiggs. You can also get good at mid-air rests and have the lava wake you.
Yeah I was thinking about this the other day. Just make sure you learn the lava paterns, otherwise you might rest them right when the lava goes down. I also think this has a higher ceiling then mute city as well, doesn't it?

Top Bottom