• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Match-Up General Discussion ~ Week 21 (?)

PZ

Smash Lord
Im not sure about the tip of the knee zatch but the shin works ok.

Me and my friend did a test dthrow<utilt< and utilt's follow ups.
Cf's bad AD would help lucas in a way since we get ***** from the bottom in the air. Pivot grab, fh nair or uair, and with some reading mayb jump<uair b4 touch ground if cf AD or fk. Dair may not be cf's option if the lucas has poor spacing.

Yea my friend really needs to use more ftilt that thing was broken when I laddered a lucas on aib which is kinda rare.

As for nair follow ups: FH nair<down angled ftilt<grab/dash grab at low percents is a good pseudo, FH nair<dtilt has a lot of good setups n if your close when you FH nair him the dtilt sets up gimp possibilities at high percents due to the knockback the dtilt sends him. You MUST buffer this for if you dont that have a small amount of frames to AD. Other than that if you dont want to mess up you could do the regular FH nair<up / grab/ jab.

I had a question but I forgot.

EDIT: ^

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i was like, wait wut :C

i dont know **** about pit except that he's annoying as **** to play lol

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Pit gets absolutely destroyed by the flubbed knee (gimp him). Other than that, I don't know much...

PZ

Smash Lord
Watch out for fair walls, fthrow cg, dthrow setups, DAT DAIR!, bair kills or combos, dair juggles lol, and the gayest dash attack in history.

His jab has quite a creative way of looking at it so watch out for cancels and stuff.

Dtilt pops us in a bad place so DI away when you see it. Also spikes...personally I'm stupid and either make sure I can grab that edge or fly over n say "MELEE:awesome:". Its pretty powerful for spiking.

I see no use for ftilt except for sendung people offstage or reading rolls or spotdodges sense its so slow.

Utilt will easily juggle or put us in bad situations. DI won't do much sense its so weak but meh you can try.

Dsmash is just amazing...if you get hit by the back hit of this its just ******** of what pit can do next and probably a better killer than fsmash.

Fsmash...SDI or TDI out of or youll find yourself in a sticky situation of getting recamped or dieing unexpectingly early...

Usmash is probably one of the most horrible moves of his arsenal...guess he can cover your landings with it but utilt might be used for that.

Fthrow can cg and setup a couple of moves won't get out until like 30 or 40% if staled.

Dthrow pops you up right above pit which is definetely bad for falcon sense hes below us.

Bthrow is probably his most powerful throw and is used for putting you offstage obviously.

UThrow...idk

Fair is used for gimping, walling, and alot of combos.

Bair is used for killing and comboing due to its redicoulous weak or strong knockback with a sweetspot or souspot. MASASHI!

Dair somewhat is good at juggling and probably random kills.

Uair and nair have similar purposes with their multi hits.

Down-b will most likely be used for gimping.

Side-b...meh good at certain situations such as catching lanings also with that slide youll probably get stuck in it longer.

Up-b and glide will mostly used for mobility and recovery. Glide attack is quite similar to dash attack in a way. Up b COULD gimp our recovery too.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
That's tons of good info. In fact, it's so good I'll forgive you for spelling "sense" instead of "since" and confusing the hell out of me in my first read-through.

Also, you mentioning Down-B reminded me of something: that fun thing that happens when the captain Falcon punches pit's Shield doesn't hurt anyone? i.e the sliding Falcon Punch.

(if it doesn't, it's a pity because it would be kicka** in teams)

Yung Mei

i know exactly what youre talking about

UNFORTUNATELY, i dont think it works - me and afriend tried to ganon punch an opponent at the other end of the stage, nothing happened :C

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Yeah, I figured it wouldn't work. Ah well, at least it can be threatening to people who don't know wtf is happening, lol.

Yung Mei

like on ganon, it LOOKS like the punch hits but literally nothing happens :V

PZ

Smash Lord
That's tons of good info. In fact, it's so good I'll forgive you for spelling "sense" instead of "since" and confusing the hell out of me in my first read-through.

Also, you mentioning Down-B reminded me of something: that fun thing that happens when the captain Falcon punches pit's Shield doesn't hurt anyone? i.e the sliding Falcon Punch.

(if it doesn't, it's a pity because it would be kicka** in teams)
...Words I don't use often are slipping from my mind<.< also thankyou.:awesome:
Ill come up with what we got on pit this weekened maybe but since ill be hanging out with my dad thats not likely to happen.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
you lied at snake.....he´s a character to understimate, i´m yet to meet a snake player that can oursmart backair (i´ve fought istudy snake, it´s impressive but i beat him)

Top Bottom