• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cape

Brownpack

Smash Cadet
maybe i may have seen it wrong, but during a match, i remember that I caped a pikachu when he did thunder, and he got shocked. Did I see it correctly, or is there some other explanation?

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
maybe i may have seen it wrong, but during a match, i remember that I caped a pikachu when he did thunder, and he got shocked. Did I see it correctly, or is there some other explanation?
Yes, it's a reflectable.

Even though Thunder can't actually get "reflected", it can be reflected and be made so that it's YOUR thunder now(so it damages pickachu or any other than you).

Same with Din's fire's explosion(can be "reflected" to damage Zelda, if she's close to her own projectile's detonation when you reflect it).

Seven11

Smash Cadet
Yes, this info should be widely known by now. Pikas are popping up everywhere because of how easy it is to get KOs with this move alone. Anyone with any kind of reflector should train themselves to return the lightning consistently.

Brownpack

Smash Cadet
i remember this, cause i was playing a pikachu, and he tried to ledgeguard me by using thunder, and i caped him as a last resort, and then, he died. I had been confused, but didn't care as i had won.

But I'm still wondering, can you cape the actual "thunder" itself, or can you only cape pikachu?

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
i remember this, cause i was playing a pikachu, and he tried to ledgeguard me by using thunder, and i caped him as a last resort, and then, he died. I had been confused, but didn't care as i had won.

But I'm still wondering, can you cape the actual "thunder" itself, or can you only cape pikachu?
Yes, you can cape the actual thunder itself if you are above pikachu. I believe that if you cape only pikachu, you will still get hit, but I may be wrong.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Oh yeah, and if you're going against Peach, make sure to ALWAYS Cape her Toad. It will punish her good. The Peach forums discovered this a while ago for Ness's F-smash in fact.

Dekar173

Justice Man
caping Ness' pk flash is an instant kill (59 damage I believe, although I may have hit him at the same time, BUT I do know it's instakill so who cares? ;p)

Brownpack

Smash Cadet
the cape is usually better than all counter moves right? if you caped marth's counter, his counter attack would be reversed, peach's toad would be reversed, but what about lucario's?

also, if two marios caped each other at the EXACT same time, how does it decide who would spin around?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
the cape is usually better than all counter moves right? if you caped marth's counter, his counter attack would be reversed, peach's toad would be reversed, but what about lucario's?

also, if two marios caped each other at the EXACT same time, how does it decide who would spin around?
when u cape lucario he still attacks u i think. normally when i cape a mario when they cape me at the same time our momentum changes and we ge thrusted diagonaly upward the opsite way.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Does anyone know if you can cape the lasers that the Great Fox shoots on Corneria? Because that would be epic...

Brownpack

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if you can cape the lasers that the Great Fox shoots on Corneria? Because that would be epic...

that WOULD be epic for sure, as it will most likely be a 1 hit kill. but as I remember, the ship fires more than once rapidly, so you'd ultimately lose your life as well. maybe you can use fox's reflector? or better yet, if you're playing as ness, maybe it could be used as a way to instantly get rid of all damage?

Another thing, I've noticed that when playing against another mario, and when they try to ledgeguard by using FLUDD, and I caped the water, i noticed that I always went upward, helping me out a bit. does this always happen, or is it just because i may be slightly higher than the mario that's on the stage?

Top Bottom