• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Just because they do not keep talking about each other does not mean they do not recognize each other.

-----------------------------------------

I've seen some videos on YouTube channels people talking about Bandai Namco working on Pokémon plush for the middle of 2018.
If they work with Pokémon and ignore Digimon again, I'll be very angry.
its just that in all the years that ive been a fan of both franchises ive only ever seen the fans talk about their rivalry or ive never seen one so much as acknowledge the other

the franchise are so different to it just doesnt make sense that they are rivals

Graizen

Smash Champion
Question for you guys:

What characters do you think Namco Bandai could put on Smash Bros instead of Agumon, and why?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Question for you guys:

What characters do you think Namco Bandai could put on Smash Bros instead of Agumon, and why?
For me, I'd say it's a tie between KOS-MOS and Chosen Undead.

For KOS-MOS, she has some close ties to Nintendo despite being owned by Bandai-Namco. After all, her game was created by what Nintendo owns now.

For Chosen Undead, Dark Souls was a huge influence on the game industry, and sure, you have other characters like Solaire and Artorias, but just because Chosen Undead is just a player-made avatar doesn't mean he's out of the question. Just look at Robin or Villager or Corrin.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Question for you guys:

Mametchi - Because Tamagotchi, and usually accompanies PAC-MAN in crossovers such as Mario Kart GP arcade.
Lloyd - Had a mii costume and was a commonly requested namco character during wii u era.
Klonoa - has a movie coming out soon, fits the style of smash.
KOS-MOS - Seems to be a commonly requested namco character.
Tekken character - IDK Jin, King, Yoshimitsu, or Kazuya.....
Dig Dug - retro character
Ms. Pacman - skin for pac-man easily implemented and low development requirements.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I was asked by Graizen to share my thoughts on Agumon.. well, I said for him in PM, I always thought that Agumon (or any Digimon really) was more likely to be added to Pokkén as guest. I simply thought that because of the theme of having a solely a Pokémon game and an ''intruder'' being a series rival looked more than perfect.

As for Smash.. well, the scope of the things are way bigger, .. Agumon is not only competing with other Bandai NAMCO characters potentially more popular than him (Heihachi and KOS-MOS to mention a few) as well with other characters from other companies. I definetly don't think it's impossible or that unlikely, because some attention Digimon should have gotten during the Ballot days due that rivarly with Pokémon, but I don't think the chances are sky high..

but wathever is the case, I wish you guys good luck ^-^

Graizen

Smash Champion
I was asked by Graizen to share my thoughts on Agumon.. well, I said for him in PM, I always thought that Agumon (or any Digimon really) was more likely to be added to Pokkén as guest. I simply thought that because of the theme of having a solely a Pokémon game and an ''intruder'' being a series rival looked more than perfect.

As for Smash.. well, the scope of the things are way bigger, .. Agumon is not only competing with other Bandai NAMCO characters potentially more popular than him (Heihachi and KOS-MOS to mention a few) as well with other characters from other companies. I definetly don't think it's impossible or that unlikely, because some attention Digimon should have gotten during the Ballot days due that rivarly with Pokémon, but I don't think the chances are sky high..

but wathever is the case, I wish you guys good luck ^-^
It's very difficult for me to imagine any other Namco Bandai series that would make such an impact as Digimon.
For the simple fact that having a Digimon battling with a Pokémon would probably make the whole internet shake for quite a while.
I imagine that this level of impact should not be caused by anything else Namco Bandai put in the game.
It would be similar to what happened when Sonic was put on SSBB.
Many people underestimate this, it is something that should be taken much more into consideration.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Question for you guys:

well its a little hard to guess who they may actually let them put in a game but sakurai said he considered putting in that tekken guy (dont know much about them) so maybe some one from that

ryuu seika

Smash Master
User was warned for this post
I think "Why is Charizard just standing there like a *****!"
Because he's an arrogant stage 4 evolution who thinks he can tank hits from any seemingly stage 2 opponent. Duh.

Mametchi - Because Tamagotchi, and usually accompanies PAC-MAN in crossovers such as Mario Kart GP arcade.
Lloyd - Had a mii costume and was a commonly requested namco character during wii u era.
Klonoa - has a movie coming out soon, fits the style of smash.
KOS-MOS - Seems to be a commonly requested namco character.
Tekken character - IDK Jin, King, Yoshimitsu, or Kazuya.....
Dig Dug - retro character
Ms. Pacman - skin for pac-man easily implemented and low development requirements.
KOS-MOS is an obscure japanese character who lives on in cameos and seems horribly unrealistic as an entry in Smash. The same would go for Klonoa if it weren't for that movie. That movie means that they might be due a revival, a la Megaman but, unlike Megaman, Klonoa isn't really iconic in any way.
Ms. Pacman is, even by your own admission, not plausible to include as a seperate character so is out of the running in this weird anti-agumon audition.
Lloyd is, by this point, well known and much loved but he doesn't compete with Cloud as a JRPG icon or have the same nostalgia element as someone from the 90s. Plus, he's not even the face of his series, just some random installment's protagonist that Nintendo fans latched onto.
Dig Dug is, IMO, forgettable, but he has the retro appeal and series face statuses at least.
And Tekken doesn't really have a standout character to pick but, if it did, it would probably be a transforming Jin/Devil Jin or Heihachi, judging by past crossovers. I still don't consider either a good choice.

So it seems like Mamatechi is suddenly Agumon's main rival, lol. Battle of the V-Pets, anyone?

But, more seriously, I'd go completely off your list and pick Nightmare from Soul Calibur, a unique fighter who manages to be both hero and villain of his series in one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Question for you guys:

How do you imagine a trailer for Agumon to enter the next Smash Bros?

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Back in smash 4 I did not really consider him. Not because I did not like him, no I loved the idea of Digimon vs Pokémon. It was just that I thought at the time he originated from an anime and not the other way around. Boy was I Wrong! So You can count me in as a supporter

Edit: I made a signature tag/ support tag what ever you call it. I was too lazy find the one that existed here.

Attachments

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Back in smash 4 I did not really consider him. Not because I did not like him, no I loved the idea of Digimon vs Pokémon. It was just that I thought at the time he originated from an anime and not the other way around. Boy was I Wrong! So You can count me in as a supporter

Edit: I made a signature tag/ support tag what ever you call it. I was too lazy find the one that existed here.
Thats AWESOME smile!
Thank you for your support!
And Welcome!

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Question for you guys:

COULD put?

Taizo Hori/ Dig Dug: a retro rep
Jin Kazama or anyone from Tekken: one of their most popular series
Klonoa: a cute mascot character not unlike Sonic, Kirby, Mario, etc etc
lloyd Irving:. the tales of series is very popular. and he got a mii costume in the last smash.
Don-Chan: Taiko no Tatsujin is one of their BIGGEST series in Japan. the arcade cabinets are very popular and the home gaming ports tend to sell well. he's very recognisable, and has already appearaed alongside mario in one of the arcade Mario Kart games. plus he has a tiny cameo in Smash already from one of Pacman's taunts.

Why would i like to see if not Agumon?
Anyone from .hack
Haseo, Kite, heck even Tokio.
but they have even less of a chance than Agumon does.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The guys bring anything old back with some remaster, and everyone jumps for joy!
I hope this helps old characters get into the next Smash Bros!

Graizen

Smash Champion
If we get a New Story Mode , what Boss Digimon would you like to see?

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
A betamon controlling a mekanorimon, combining the electric and aquatic powers of betamon with the lasers and bombs of Mekanorimon

Graizen

Smash Champion
Apocalymon would be great as well!

In Digimon World 4 he was a Boss that you needed to Battle on top of Him!
The Dungeon was inside of his Body as well!

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Apocalymon would be cool, Devimon, Myotismon, Machinedramon or Kimeramon would also work pretty well for boss characters

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Okay, here's an Agumon mechanics/ gimmicks idea I came up with.
It's based off Digimon World and the original VPet handhelds.
It's fairly unique and not yet in Smash.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I've been thinking about some kind of connection that could be between Pokémon and Digimon. Something that could bring Agumon to Smash Bros. through Pokémon. And I thought of Porygon! He literally is a Digital Pokémon and lives within Computers and the Internet, surely he would be able to meet Digimon.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Notice how Porygon, while polygonal, has a rather avian design. This is not his final form. This is him when he was first made and his in-universe "evolutions" clearly depict him becoming a high resolution as time goes on. In fact, that was the original theme behind the "Sharpen" move.

Could it be that Porygon is, in fact, the first Digimon - A low tech approximation of Biyomon? The colours match, the designs are reasonably close, the theming is there and the one type that you can only get by delving into the game's code is Biyomon's type - Bird. Is that really a coincidence?

Probably, TBH, but I still maintain the headcanon of MissingNo -> Porygon -> Birdramon with Biyomon's colours -> "Mega Birdramon", which would probably be a Garudamon recolour but could potentially be Hououhmon if we really want to screw with the system.

Graizen

Smash Champion
A curiosity for you all:

Unlike Pokémon that has a PokéDex, Digimon has a list called "Digimon Reference Book", where some Digimon are added at a certain time.
The biggest problem is that they take so long to update the site, which happened to be updated with five Digimon today. Which ends up causing the problem of many Digimon to exist but not to be in the Official Guide yet, even after many years.
The Digimon added to the book today already exists for quite some time, for example, some more than 15 years.

Imagine that there are over 2000 Digimon created, but less than half of it has already been added to the book. And no one knows the real reason for it, it seems a mixture of laziness and lack of attention.

You can check the book by entering this link:
http://www.b-boys.jp/series/digimon/reference/

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
A curiosity for you all:

Unlike Pokémon that has a PokéDex, Digimon has a list called "Digimon Reference Book", where some Digimon are added at a certain time.
The biggest problem is that they take so long to update the site, which happened to be updated with five Digimon today. Which ends up causing the problem of many Digimon to exist but not to be in the Official Guide yet, even after many years.
The Digimon added to the book today already exists for quite some time, for example, some more than 15 years.

Imagine that there are over 2000 Digimon created, but less than half of it has already been added to the book. And no one knows the real reason for it, it seems a mixture of laziness and lack of attention.

thats not surprising, i always thought that they werent keeping track of all their digimon

ErenJager

Smash Champion
A curiosity for you all:

I always felt they never had a strong continuity for their characters/ digimon.
I think thats part of the success of Pokemon is that it was very orderly and tracked.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Yo Zeox , can you get some more screenshots of him in Smash 4?
We can use it as promotional material!
I actually don't know how to mod smash 4, I was just looking at mods for fun to see what crazy stuff could I find. The image is from the page of the mod itself.
I also found other digimon mods

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I actually don't know how to mod smash 4, I was just looking at mods for fun to see what crazy stuff could I find. The image is from the page of the mod itself.
I also found other digimon mods

who are they pasted over? justimon looks like it might be falcon, veemon appears to be mario, havent the faintest idea beyond that

Zeox

Smash Champion
who are they pasted over? justimon looks like it might be falcon, veemon appears to be mario, havent the faintest idea beyond that
Diaboromon is DK, Veemon is Mario and Justimon is captain Falcon.
So you got the 2 you said right.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I always felt they never had a strong continuity for their characters/ digimon.
I think thats part of the success of Pokemon is that it was very orderly and tracked.
Pokemon continuity? Please explain then why noone outside the jhoto region knew about Pichu or Igglybuff.

I don't know if this was posted already, but there is a mod for Smash4, a reskin of Yoshi but with Agumon
Needs a little work to match the wings to Agumon "Burst Mode"'s but he looks pretty sweet all the same.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hang on, veemon was moded onto mario and not luigi when luigi's side special is ideal for vee headbutt

There is a video on youtube, if you want to see it in action:
that is a strange sight to behold

Last edited:
Top Bottom