• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Graizen

Smash Champion
Well, you could have the sprites of classic digimon as stage hazzards, moving around the screen, eating their food. shooting attacks, etc. would be a nice way to get cameos of other digimon besides agumon in the game. but for the most part it would be a lot like Flat Zone. a very basic layout.
Thats the major problem for me! I think a Virtual Pet Stage would be so much like the Flat Zone. Thats why i realy think Digimon World is a great choice! It's the first Digimon Game on a console, and the game works alot like the Virtual Pets!

What about Infinite Mountain from Digimon World? is the most "digital" stage I could think, and it could have Machinedramon as an stage hazard.

It's a realy good idea for sure! I think it would be easy to make a Smash Stage using the last room with Machinedramon!
Great music as well!

Zeox

Smash Champion
Thats the major problem for me! I think a Virtual Pet Stage would be so much like the Flat Zone. Thats why i realy think Digimon World is a great choice! It's the first Digimon Game on a console, and the game works alot like the Virtual Pets!

It's a realy good idea for sure! I think it would be easy to make a Smash Stage using the last room with Machinedramon!
Great music as well!
Just imagine fighting at the rhythm of this:
(Because if it happened, they would use this remix instead of the original from digimon world).
As assist trophies, one could be patamon doing air shot and throwing people from the stage, or Betamon doing electric attacks and shocking rivals.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Just imagine fighting at the rhythm of this:
(Because if it happened, they would use this remix instead of the original from digimon world).
As assist trophies, one could be patamon doing air shot and throwing people from the stage, or Betamon doing electric attacks and shocking rivals.
Talking about Music, what music you guys think would be great for Digimon in Smash?
I have some good ideas here:

1 - Victory Music (Digimon World 2):

2 - Major Battle (Digimon World):

3 - Royal Knights' Battle Theme (Digimon Story : Cyber Sleuth):

4 - File City (Day) (Digimon World):

5 - Machinedramon Battle Theme (Digimon World):

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Talking about Music, what music you guys think would be great for Digimon in Smash?
I have some good ideas here:

1 - Victory Music (Digimon World 2):

2 - Major Battle (Digimon World):

3 - Royal Knights' Battle Theme (Digimon Story : Cyber Sleuth):

4 - File City (Day) (Digimon World):

5 - Machinedramon Battle Theme (Digimon World):

Ohhhhh Royal Knight Battle Theme would be THE ****.

Morbi

Scavenger
I could definitely see Agumon as a dark horse pick, obviously it is not entirely likely, but he is realistically one of the "larger" third-party characters nonetheless. He is, personally, my favorite Digimon, outside of Greymon, I suppose. But realistically, he would transform into Greymon for his final smash unless they wanted to go crazy with digivolving. I always wanted to see him against Pikachu and honesty, he represents Digimon better than Pikachu represents Pokemon. If they used the sound clip from the anime for "Pepper Breath" I would spam the every living hell out of my b-button. Oh, also, make sure to give him a detective Agumon costume. If Pikachu cannot have his actual rival in Meowth, at least he can have an artificial one.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I could definitely see Agumon as a dark horse pick, obviously it is not entirely likely, but he is realistically one of the "larger" third-party characters nonetheless. He is, personally, my favorite Digimon, outside of Greymon, I suppose. But realistically, he would transform into Greymon for his final smash unless they wanted to go crazy with digivolving. I always wanted to see him against Pikachu and honesty, he represents Digimon better than Pikachu represents Pokemon. If they used the sound clip from the anime for "Pepper Breath" I would spam the every living hell out of my b-button. Oh, also, make sure to give him a detective Agumon costume. If Pikachu cannot have his actual rival in Meowth, at least he can have an artificial one.
Welcome! I think they maybe use some sounds from the Virtual Pets! Like the attack sounds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here another signature image i made for you guys!
Use it if you want!

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
As for Agumon from Digimon, I don't really have a strong opinion on Agumon one way or the other. I can't really say much beyond that I do know of Digimon a little.

Graizen

Smash Champion
As for Agumon from Digimon, I don't really have a strong opinion on Agumon one way or the other. I can't really say much beyond that I do know of Digimon a little.
Its never late to learn something new about Pokémon's biggest rival!

Graizen

Smash Champion
Actually Pikachu has been banned from fighting digital beings since that one time when he hospitalised several hundred japanese children with seizures.
Imagine if they put Porygon appearing on the Digimon Stage just to troll.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Ever since Pokemon introduced temporary mega forms, I've headcanonned the two series together with a MissingNo -> Porygon -> Birdramon (in Biyomon's colours) evolution path. It fits pretty nicely and it even has Garudamon for that last level.

Plus, the existing Porygon line is kinda dumb.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Question for you guys:

Do you think his model in game should be:

Hes old one:

Or hes new one:

Graizen

Smash Champion
is there really a difference
Actualy is realy different! The first Agumon was the size of an adult person!

-------------------------------------------------------

PEOPLE , A SMASH BROS 5 INVITATIONAL WAS ANNOUNCED FOR E3! WTF

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Question for you guys:

Do you think his model in game should be:

Hes old one:

Or hes new one:

The second one, I think it's aesthetically more pleasing.
Plus you usually see retro or bit characters get a faithful modern 3D render.
Ala Megaman and Duck Hunt.

Graizen

Smash Champion
What surprises me the most is knowing that there are a lot of people who do not even understand how a Digimon has a chance of getting into Smash Bros.

I found some people who thought the idea was impossible.
Other people believe that Virtual Pet is just a toy.

And some others made fun of Digimon like ****.

Sometimes I get upset about these things, but I'll never give up trying!

ErenJager

Smash Champion
What surprises me the most is knowing that there are a lot of people who do not even understand how a Digimon has a chance of getting into Smash Bros.

I found some people who thought the idea was impossible.
Other people believe that Virtual Pet is just a toy.

And some others made fun of Digimon like ****.

Sometimes I get upset about these things, but I'll never give up trying!
Most people are only familiar with anime, so it doesn't surprise me.
I find a lot of the time people either love the anime and hate the games.
Or love the games and hate the anime.

I feel since Bandai Namco are likely making Smash Switch it would be appropriate for them to get another rep in the game besides Pac-Man. Capcom and Sega both got an additional rep.

Plus I feel like Tamagotchi deserves to have recognition in Smash Bros.
If Smash 4 was a celebration of Nintendo and Japanese video games, surely a handheld digital pet game/ craze is deserving of a spot.

I feel it would be perfect to have Pac-Man represent Namco's side of the company and a Tamagotchi to represent Bandai's side of the company.

I think Agumon would be the most fitting rep for a Tamagotchi character.
Digimon was marketed as the "boy" version of Tamagotchi a year after the release of Tamagotchi, in order to broaden the markets demographic.
Doing so also put a way bigger emphasis on battle and fighting, that's where I believe Agumon would be a more suitable rep then say a Tamagotch character such as Mametchi.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Virtual pets are categorized as hybrids between Video Games and Toys in the exact same way that Game & Watch are also categorized! Not to mention ROB that literally IS a peripheral.

In addition to being extremely famous throughout the world for many years, especially in Japan, Virtual Pets are huge in the Digimon franchise to this day!

Not to mention many games for Consoles, PC and SmartPhones based on Virtual Pets, as you can see in the image below:

Above all, the character "Mametchi", who also represents Virtual Pets, participated as a playable character in the game Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, alongside Mario and also Pac-man! The vast majority of people remember Pac-Man in this game, but forget that Virtual Pets were also present!

The reason for not wanting Mametchi in place of Agumon is thanks to the size of the franchise, because although many people do not believe, Digimon is very big and has a lot more monsters than Pokémon.There has also been a huge rivalry between Pokémon and Digimon for many years in the past, which no longer exists today, but would really help Smash Bros to shine even brighter! In the same way Mario and Sonic also do.

People need to understand how important Digimon's presence within Smash Bros is, and that's precisely why I fight bravely to make it happen!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
I really can't think of any reasons why it shouldn't or couldn't happen so sure, I'd be up for this.
Also, I've always been interested to some extent in Pikachu going against Agumon. Having that as an actual possibility in Smash Switch would be cool.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I haven't heard much about Digimon, but after researching Agumon, I think he'd be a pretty good character. I think he'd be extremely weak at the start of a game, like almost as bad as Pichu, but through the power of Digivolving (Which would happen in the middle of combat) he could rival the likes of Cloud in power! You know what? I think I'll support him!

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I'm not a Digimon person, but Agumon is the mascot in the same way that Pikachu is Pokemon's. If Digimon got any representation, Agumon is the one to lead the charge.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I really can't think of any reasons why it shouldn't or couldn't happen so sure, I'd be up for this.
Also, I've always been interested to some extent in Pikachu going against Agumon. Having that as an actual possibility in Smash Switch would be cool.
Thank you for coming!
Cool to have more people interested in Digimon vs Pokémon here!
Many people find that this is not important, I think it is very important!

I haven't heard much about Digimon, but after researching Agumon, I think he'd be a pretty good character. I think he'd be extremely weak at the start of a game, like almost as bad as Pichu, but through the power of Digivolving (Which would happen in the middle of combat) he could rival the likes of Cloud in power! You know what? I think I'll support him!
Welcome! Thank you for your Support!
I do not think he should be weak like that!
I believe he has the same strength as Pikachu in its basic form, but even so the evolutions should make him much stronger!
WarGreymon as Final Smash for example.

I'm not a Digimon person, but Agumon is the mascot in the same way that Pikachu is Pokemon's. If Digimon got any representation, Agumon is the one to lead the charge.
Sure it is!
And I think it's kind of weird that some Digimon fans think other Digimon should represent Digimon instead of Agumon.
I can not understand!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Agumon seems like a bit of a stretch, but it would be interesting to see Pokemon vs. Digimon being a thing in Smash Bros. I hope there's a way I can play Greymon outside of a Final Smash if it does happen.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Agumon seems like a bit of a stretch, but it would be interesting to see Pokemon vs. Digimon being a thing in Smash Bros. I hope there's a way I can play Greymon outside of a Final Smash if it does happen.
You know what? I think he has a lot more chances than people think!

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I love Digimon; I think the Digimon movie is my favorite movie ever after Spirited Away.
I watch Digimon, 02 and Tamers and the first movie every few years, so many memories.

Only Digimon games I played a lot of were Rumble Arena and Battle Spirit 2; very fun games and the OSTs were great, especially for Rumble Arena.

My favorite OSTs from those games:

I'd definitely be for Agumon getting in.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Agumon is no doubt one of my favourite Digimon of all time.

I've always wanted the Pikachu vs Agumon match. Like we got Link vs Cloud in Smash 4.
I'm down for Agumon if it happens, still I do not know how likely it is. Not saying it is impossible, because it is not. I'd rather have Agumon over the likes of Jibanyan and other clone types of franchises.

I like the front page, it makes an compelling case for Agumon. Nice work.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I love Digimon; I think the Digimon movie is my favorite movie ever after Spirited Away.
I watch Digimon, 02 and Tamers and the first movie every few years, so many memories.

Only Digimon games I played a lot of were Rumble Arena and Battle Spirit 2; very fun games and the OSTs were great, especially for Rumble Arena.

My favorite OSTs from those games:

I'd definitely be for Agumon getting in.
Thank you for your support! Welcome!
My God, Digimon games have very good songs sometimes!
When they want to make something epic, you can bet that some incredible music will show up!
The Digimon World series has some of my favorite songs of all time!

Agumon is no doubt one of my favourite Digimon of all time.

I've always wanted the Pikachu vs Agumon match. Like we got Link vs Cloud in Smash 4.
I'm down for Agumon if it happens, still I do not know how likely it is. Not saying it is impossible, because it is not. I'd rather have Agumon over the likes of Jibanyan and other clone types of franchises.

I like the front page, it makes an compelling case for Agumon. Nice work.
Thank you for your support! Welcome!
The rivalry between Pokémon and Digimon should not be underestimated! I've said it a thousand times!
I faithfully believe that putting a Digimon to fight with a Pokémon in Smash Bros, would make the internet tremble for days.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Agumon would be cool! I just wish Bandai Namco still released the Digimon Story games on Nintendo consoles, Digimon World DS is my jam

But really, Pikachu x Agumon is a smaller scale version of Mario x Sonic, I guess. That'd be really cool. Plus imagine if Agumon's Final Smash was Omnimon/Omegamon that'd be so cool

No ideas on who could be an AT or a place to be a stage, I haven't played any of the new games and I only watched the anime up to half of Savers

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Agumon would be cool! I just wish Bandai Namco still released the Digimon Story games on Nintendo consoles, Digimon World DS is my jam
I really believe that the Digimon games will end up coming to the Switch.
Bandai Namco likes to make games for portable video games, besides that the Switch is selling like hell!
I believe that soon we will have Digimon games for the Nintendo console, even if they are ports of Cyber Sleuth.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
While I think Agumon is highly unlikely for several reasons. I do applaud you Graizen Graizen For your dedication to your character.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Thank you my friend! Why not take a look at some posts, maybe you'll accept it a little more!
I read them all. That's why I'm not claiming he's impossible. You do make some good, what I'm gonna call, "Aguments". I'd actually be fine with him making it.

He, like my dream character, has a very uphill battle. So I can respect it.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
I'm not really the biggest fan of Digimon, but I did watch my fair share of the anime. I'd love it if Agumon shows up for Smash. I think he'd be a super unique addition, and I'd definitely use him a lot.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I read them all. That's why I'm not claiming he's impossible. You do make some good, what I'm gonna call, "Aguments". I'd actually be fine with him making it.

He, like my dream character, has a very uphill battle. So I can respect it.
Good one my friend!
A question for you! What type of moveset do you think he should have?

I'm not really the biggest fan of Digimon, but I did watch my fair share of the anime. I'd love it if Agumon shows up for Smash. I think he'd be a super unique addition, and I'd definitely use him a lot.
Welcome!
I would use him alot to! Just think about him in the game , so epic!
Take a look at some posts here, you will learn something from Digimon for sure!

Last edited:

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Good one my friend!
A question for you! What type of moveset do you think he should have?
I'm not well versed in what he can do. To me he's basically a Charmander. Both being a fire breathing lizard and all. I'll leave move sets to the Digi-Experts.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I'm not well versed in what he can do. To me he's basically a Charmander. Both being a fire breathing lizard and all. I'll leave move sets to the Digi-Experts.
Thats ok! To help you, heres a link of Agumon in Rumble Arena 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK8UeiZwXFI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking about alternate colors, and I came to the conclusion that BlackAgumon would probably be the most used by all! If he turns into WarGreymon using his Final Smash, he might turn to BlackWarGreymon using that color!

Kronus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1907-8046-6707
As a fan of the Digimon series, I would love to see Agumon in Smash. Although, I can't think of any moves for Agumon except for his pepper breath. His final smash would be his warp evolution to War Greymon.

Top Bottom