• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

GaomonAndLucario

Smash Rookie
Hello! I am that "friend" out Agumon leader for this biz was referring to. Let's get started.

Okay, so I want you to take a look at the portals in the Stage Creator mode. Like, take a REAALLL good look at them. DO these seem familiar? If you guessed Digimon, YOU ARE CORRECT! They look suspiciously similar to how the Digimon franchise deals with portals.

Here are a couple of examples of portals within the Digimon franchise to back this up:

There has been someone who said that they look like portals from Twilight Princess or Super Paper Mario but I am unable to verify it. (It's very late here and I'd like to get some sleep after this post.) So if anyone could verify if they look alike too would be great.

Anyways, if we remember the leak months ago, someone was able to get into the game's code and find the codenames for the next two fighters. One of them is nicknamed "Brave". I will admit, it could've been a Dragon Quest character at first. It was a possibility. But now that Sakurai and his team added these portals to the Stage Creator mode in the game... It CANNOT be anyone else but Agumon or another Digimon that will be added to Smash Bros Ultimate (in my mind at least)! The portals and codename combined points towards that Digimon will be in Ultimate. Of course, I may just be looking too much into this but I felt like saying it as the realization hit me after a bit of time since I saw the video today.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well they are similar but there are a fair number that look sort of like that, still you never know

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Hello! I am that "friend" out Agumon leader for this biz was referring to. Let's get started.

Okay, so I want you to take a look at the portals in the Stage Creator mode. Like, take a REAALLL good look at them. DO these seem familiar? If you guessed Digimon, YOU ARE CORRECT! They look suspiciously similar to how the Digimon franchise deals with portals.

Here are a couple of examples of portals within the Digimon franchise to back this up:

There has been someone who said that they look like portals from Twilight Princess or Super Paper Mario but I am unable to verify it. (It's very late here and I'd like to get some sleep after this post.) So if anyone could verify if they look alike too would be great.

Anyways, if we remember the leak months ago, someone was able to get into the game's code and find the codenames for the next two fighters. One of them is nicknamed "Brave". I will admit, it could've been a Dragon Quest character at first. It was a possibility. But now that Sakurai and his team added these portals to the Stage Creator mode in the game... It CANNOT be anyone else but Agumon or another Digimon that will be added to Smash Bros Ultimate (in my mind at least)! The portals and codename combined points towards that Digimon will be in Ultimate. Of course, I may just be looking too much into this but I felt like saying it as the realization hit me after a bit of time since I saw the video today.
1555491709224.png

Not sure about Odyssey, but they definitely look like the Twilight portals.
Personally, I wouldn't put too much faith in these portals for Agumon's inclusion. At the very least, I wouldn't use them as confirmation. It is interesting how they look similar to traditional portals in Digimon, but having geometric symbols surrounding a portal is likely just a stylistic choice to give the impression of a "broken up" hole in reality. And while I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, there are likely other portals in fiction that use a similar design for portals/wormholes and whatnot. Now this could potentially hint at Digimon, but I just think it's a good idea to hold onto a degree of skepticism since anything can happen.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Good thing for you guys: the 5chan leak (which claims that the remaining four characters are Steve, Ryu Hayabusa, Erdrick, and Doomguy) got killed by last minute's announcement. The JSON leak is still alive.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The “Digimon Corner” section of the June 2019 issue of V-Jump teases “something big is happening” in the July 2019 issue due out next month.

While further details were not announced, it has seven months since we last heard about Digimon Survive. A new Digimon Adventure movie is also planned for spring 2020.

Source: https://gematsu.com/2019/04/big-digimon-news-teased-for-july-2019-issue-of-v-jump

Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth RileyXY1 RileyXY1 ryuu seika ryuu seika KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 Prince Koopa Jr Prince Koopa Jr ZTurtle ZTurtle fogbadge fogbadge GaomonAndLucario GaomonAndLucario Masonomace Masonomace KMDP KMDP

KMDP

Smash Legend
The “Digimon Corner” section of the June 2019 issue of V-Jump teases “something big is happening” in the July 2019 issue due out next month.

While further details were not announced, it has seven months since we last heard about Digimon Survive. A new Digimon Adventure movie is also planned for spring 2020.

Source: https://gematsu.com/2019/04/big-digimon-news-teased-for-july-2019-issue-of-v-jump

Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth RileyXY1 RileyXY1 ryuu seika ryuu seika KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 Prince Koopa Jr Prince Koopa Jr ZTurtle ZTurtle fogbadge fogbadge GaomonAndLucario GaomonAndLucario Masonomace Masonomace KMDP KMDP
Thanks for the heads-up, man.

D

Deleted member

I want to know the release date of the new Digimon game for Switch.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

there were a couple story threads ledt open in tri, so im looking forward to it, also i managed to get all the way through a turn based strategy game recently (a first for me) so ill be givin survive a go when it comes out

also anyone else think that thing that follows joker around looks like the dna digivolution of piedmon and myotismon?

Graizen

Smash Champion
“something big is happening” is aparently something new.

Thats why people are speculating about smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It could be a new game announced. Who knows. It's a Japanese Magazine, so them dubbing Young Hunters or Applimon doesn't seem likely.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
I have a question for you. Joker uses a Energy Bar to make his Persona appear, so he uses a few different attacks.

Do you think that this decreases or increases the chances of Agumon entering Smash? Since Joker seems to be using the evolution mechanics we thought Agumon would use.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth RileyXY1 RileyXY1 fogbadge fogbadge [USERworkn=169470]@Masonomace[/USER] fleshdude.gov fleshdude.gov KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 @JDCabrera KMDP KMDP ZTurtle ZTurtle
Not really since Joker’s mechanic is basically just a comeback meter, and Agumon’s would probably work quite differently, if he used a meter at all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Now, assuming this won't end up being a Crying Wolf situation...

I'd say increases, since that can be used as a base for Agumon. Joker effectively uses a type of stance change, which is a little different than completely changing character designs.

D

Deleted member

I have a question for you. Joker uses a Energy Bar to make his Persona appear, so he uses a few different attacks.

Do you think that this decreases or increases the chances of Agumon entering Smash? Since Joker seems to be using the evolution mechanics we thought Agumon would use.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth RileyXY1 RileyXY1 fogbadge fogbadge Masonomace Masonomace fleshdude.gov fleshdude.gov KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 @JDCabrera KMDP KMDP ZTurtle ZTurtle
Nah.
Agumon can probably still use it.

Remember that Cloud and Robin also have similar meters.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
“something big is happening” is aparently something new.

Thats why people are speculating about smash.
*crosses fingers* tamers 02 tamers 02

Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth RileyXY1 RileyXY1 fogbadge fogbadge Masonomace Masonomace fleshdude.gov fleshdude.gov KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 @JDCabrera KMDP KMDP ZTurtle ZTurtle
i imagine a digivolution mechanic would work differently itd be similar but i imagine changing into greymon would change more than just his attack power

Graizen

Smash Champion
Digimon Rumble Arena - Forest Stage
ID: QT1MQQBY

D4dnacqU4AETl8K.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-18 at 13.30.55.jpeg

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so now we know dlc spirits are a thing, what spirits do you think hed bring with him? presuming that sakurai wouldnt want to focus on the video game original stuff that would barrow it down a bit

Graizen

Smash Champion
so now we know dlc spirits are a thing, what spirits do you think hed bring with him? presuming that sakurai wouldnt want to focus on the video game original stuff that would barrow it down a bit
Maybe the protagonist Digimon for every season of the Anime?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ooh, that could be really neat. A reprint of that would be great too. Or even a remake, especially if it fleshes out more character designs so they can become Digimon that can be added into the regular games/etc.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
anyone else kind of wanting to see angemon as an assist trophy? one hand of fate in a straight line would be quite deadly

Top Bottom