• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Graizen

Smash Champion
I believe that rivalry could reign in Fighter Pass, what do you think of that idea?

Agumon for Digimon vs Pokémon
Scorpion for Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter
Crash Bandicoot for Crash vs Mario vs Sonic

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I believe that rivalry could reign in Fighter Pass, what do you think of that idea?

Mmm. Rivalry is a topic that would rustle up anyone's boring feathers. It's hype. It's always a matter that gets people talking about it. Excited for the temptation that it brings when the fact becomes reality from months & months of discussion.

I'm just not convinced quite yet. It's very fitting though if it happened. Digimon vs Pokemon has been ongoing for yearsssssssssssss.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

its possible but weve no way of telling

Graizen

Smash Champion
So aparently already been confirmed that the news isn't about survive. it's probably not about the next story game either since that's still a long way off. and this report came out the same day that joker's dlc got released for smash, just in time for people to start wondering about who the next character is. just food for thought.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So aparently already been confirmed that the news isn't about survive. it's probably not about the next story game either since that's still a long way off. and this report came out the same day that joker's dlc got released for smash, just in time for people to start wondering about who the next character is. just food for thought.
sounds to me itll be about that next part of the adventure saga were due to get next year, of course thats just pure speculation on my part

Graizen

Smash Champion
I believe Digimon were Virtual Pets, not Tomagatchi, which was an entirely different brand.
Which is in large part why the initial question I asked persists.
They are called "Digimon Tamagotchi"

And the Eevee ones are 100% the same as the Digimon ones.
Made by Bandai as well.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
They are called "Digimon Tamagotchi"

And the Eevee ones are 100% the same as the Digimon ones.
Made by Bandai as well.
I had the little red Virtual Pet device.

...did I have an Agumon?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It could've been a different Digimon. Maybe Tyrannomon?
Was that a Virtual Pet?
There were only like 8...
They were each based on different animals.
And holy hell were these the original Digimon?

...no. They couldn't have been. None was a whatever Gabumon is.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Was that a Virtual Pet?

Well, it was among evolutions in Virtual Pets. I think all VP were Rookie level? I don't remember as I never had any of them.

He's a red-colored dinosaur Digimon. But probably wasn't it. I don't know if Tentomon had one, though, but he's a red-colored insect Rookie level Digimon.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Was that a Virtual Pet?

They are Pixel versions, very small and had no color, maybe you just don't recognize.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Do you have an article with images, for the nostalgia trip?
Well, it was among evolutions in Virtual Pets. I think all VP were Rookie level? I don't remember as I never had any of them.

He's a red-colored dinosaur Digimon. But probably wasn't it. I don't know if Tentomon had one, though, but he's a red-colored insect Rookie level Digimon.
This is the first Digimon Tamagotchi:

hqdefault.jpg

Graizen

Smash Champion
It seems the one I had was a gigapet- which was also the highest selling one in the USA. Interesting.
Also I have no idea how I would even remember it if it came out in 1995.
The Digimon Tamagotchi was made for boys in 1997. Digimon was born there.
Programed to have battles, trade digimon, use items, etc

It sold so much that Digimon was as Big as Pokémon.
Thats why Digimon have Animes, Movies, Mangas, Games and new Tamagotchis until today.

The Digimon Card Game and merchandise is big in japan, they have so many things you can't even count lol

This is why people here don't think Digimon has a chance, but Japanese people know very well that Agumon has a chance in Smash.

And you can buy in US and Canada the Digimon Tamagotchi 20 Aniversary Edition:

D5atgFsWwAEAS_L.jpg

This is BIG news, becouse this merch it's rare to see here. They are giving big support for the Digimon Tamagotchi again for us here.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The Digimon Tamagotchi was made for boys in 1997. Digimon was born there.
Programed to have battles, trade digimon, use items, etc

Thats why Digimon have Animes, Movies, Mangas, Games and new Tamagotchis until today.

The Digimon Card Game and merchandise is big in japan, they have so many things you can't even count lol

This is why people here don't think Digimon has a chance, but Japanese people know very well that Agumon has a chance in Smash.

And you can buy in US and Canada the Digimon Tamagotchi 20 Aniversary Edition:

View attachment 214229

This is BIG news, becouse this merch it's rare to see here. They are giving big support for the Digimon Tamagotchi again for us here.
ooh now that is tempting, any word for the uk?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm a proponent of Digimon/Agumon getting in, but no... Digimon was never as big as Pokemon.
Pokemon, in the first few years in particular (after America, in 1998), became so big so quickly, it was classified economically, sociologically, and philosophically as a Phenomenon.
There is literally no direct comparison to Pokemon from any series. The closest since is what is currently going on with Endgame and the MCU.

The point you are making, as to the size of Digimon, otherwise stands... but not as a comparison to Pokemon. That argument is not winnable, and ultimately makes the merit that is behind the statement sound less true than it is.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I'm a proponent of Digimon/Agumon getting in, but no... Digimon was never as big as Pokemon.
Pokemon, in the first few years in particular (after America, in 1998), became so big so quickly, it was classified economically, sociologically, and philosophically as a Phenomenon.
There is literally no direct comparison to Pokemon from any series. The closest since is what is currently going on with Endgame and the MCU.

The point you are making, as to the size of Digimon, otherwise stands... but not as a comparison to Pokemon. That argument is not winnable, and ultimately makes the merit that is behind the statement sound less true than it is.
Ok, great.
Thank you for making this as Big as the Big Bang.

Correction: Digimon was Big, but not even close to Pokémon!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's some fun ones. Angewomon for Gunner(or Brawler), though there's others like Andromon(who could work for any of the three. He has electrical discharge weapons, but also a lightning blade for a potential sword, and easily could attack physically).

Musyamon could be a fun Swordfighter. Though Victory Greymon sounds like the best option for that, or Gaiomon respectively. Omnimon to some degree too. Tankmon would be a fun and silly Gunner option as well. I actually can't think of some really good Brawler options that aren't as simple as "happen to fit" like Zudomon could due to his body design, or his final form, Vikemon. There's just so many options it hurts. ...Not over 9000 though.

Graizen

Smash Champion
There's some fun ones. Angewomon for Gunner(or Brawler), though there's others like Andromon(who could work for any of the three. He has electrical discharge weapons, but also a lightning blade for a potential sword, and easily could attack physically).

Musyamon could be a fun Swordfighter. Though Victory Greymon sounds like the best option for that, or Gaiomon respectively. Omnimon to some degree too. Tankmon would be a fun and silly Gunner option as well. I actually can't think of some really good Brawler options that aren't as simple as "happen to fit" like Zudomon could due to his body design, or his final form, Vikemon. There's just so many options it hurts. ...Not over 9000 though.
The Spirit Digimon from Frontier would be awesome as Mii Costumes!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Overall, the lack of non-human mii costumes is pretty lackluster.
I hope this changes in the future.
In general Mii Costumes work best if we get .... hundreds...

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
In terms of Mii costumes, I'd want these:
:ultbrawler:
  • Togemon
  • Gatomon
  • Veemon
  • Flamedramon
  • Justimon
  • Gaomon
:ultgunner:
  • Machinedramon
  • Gorillamon
  • Tankmon
  • Omnimon's Garuru cannon
  • Imperialdramon (Fighter Mode)
  • Beelezemon
:ultswordfighter:
  • Omnimon's Wargrey sword
  • Piedmon
  • I swear to everything if we get Victory Greymon skin
  • Gallantmon
  • Starmon w/ star sword (lol)
  • Goblimon holding club
And universal ones (meaning, they don't go to just a certain Mii Fighter. They're shared among all 3. OR, they're just hats or costumes):
  • Angewomon
  • Angemon
  • Gabumon
  • Greymon
  • Patamon
  • Etc
EDIT: There's just so many, lol. So many to choose...

Last edited:

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502
In terms of Mii costumes, I'd want these:
:ultbrawler:
  • Togemon
  • Gatomon
  • Veemon
  • Flamedramon
  • Justimon
  • Gaomon
:ultgunner:
  • Machinedramon
  • Gorillamon
  • Tankmon
  • Omnimon's Garuru cannon
  • Imperialdramon (Fighter Mode)
  • Beelezemon
:ultswordfighter:
  • Omnimon's Wargrey sword
  • Piedmon
  • I swear to everything if we get Victory Greymon skin
  • Gallantmon
  • Starmon w/ star sword (lol)
  • Goblimon holding club
And universal ones (meaning, they don't go to just a certain Mii Fighter. They're shared among all 3. OR, they're just hats or costumes):
  • Angewomon
  • Angemon
  • Gabumon
  • Greymon
  • Patamon
  • Etc
EDIT: There's just so many, lol. So many to choose...
All of those sound great

Top Bottom