• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Graizen

Smash Champion
Yeah that'd be cool, I could even see Mount Infinity be part of that mode with the bosses, I do hope Digimon at least gets an AT and a Boss... with some trophies too.
People underestimate a Agumon reveal for Smash.
I think a face off between Agumon and Pikachu in a Smash Trailer would be one of the Hypest Things to ever Happen to this game.

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.
I think a face off between Agumon and Pikachu in a Smash Trailer would be one of the Hypest Things to ever Happen to this game.
Personally i think him fighting Charizard would be hyper, Dinosaur vs Dragon. Fire vs Fire, Orange vs Orange. But yeah I really hope Agumon is added, even if he's only an AT i'll be more than happy.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Agreed, I’ve been dreaming us this since the time I was a wee lad playing melee!

With Heihachi looking slightly less likely since August 8th has come and gone. I hope digimon gets its time to shine again. Hopefully BandaiNamco wants to push digimon more than they do Tekken.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Agreed, I’ve been dreaming us this since the time I was a wee lad playing melee!

With Heihachi looking slightly less likely since August 8th has come and gone. I hope digimon gets its time to shine again. Hopefully BandaiNamco wants to push digimon more than they do Tekken.
Well... Digimon have a Nintendo Switch game in 2019, and had a Nintendo 3DS game in 2017

The last Tekken game on Nintendo was in 2012

Tales of Symphonia is a game from 2003

I think Bandai Namco actualy wants to push Digimon more than these other games.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
You're missing the bad Tales of Symphonia sequel in 2008, the Tales of the Abyss 3DS port in 2011 and the (weirdly hyped) upcoming Tales of Vesperia Switch port later this year. Yes, Lloyd himself may have only featured in 2 Tales games and a Soul Calibur one on Nintendo consoles but he's still the face of the series in the west and they still have a Nintendo release timed alongside Smash Ultimate that could use a push.

Heihachi won't do them much good and wouldn't bring anything to the table that Ryu doesn't but I'm still holding out hope for Lloyd, myself.

Lloyd or Agumon, though, is a choice I'm glad not to be in charge of and I do think it would be cool to see some Bandai representation instead of more Namco characters.

Graizen

Smash Champion
More information for Digimon Survive on Nintendo Switch!

New information has surfaced for Digimon Survive with details on a couple main characters in Aoi Shibuya and Minoru Hyuga. We also have some more info on the importance of choices you’ll make.

Aoi Shibuya

A gentle and honest upperclassmen. She manages the cooking and admirably handles the security of the base. Her partner is Labramon. She has an articulate personality.

Minoru Hyuga

Minoru is classmates with the protagonist Takumi. He’s the talkative optimist of the group. While he opens up to just about anybody, he really hates getting into arguments. His partner is Falcomon. He’s a stable person but occasionally takes wild actions.

We previously learned how Digimon Survive’s story will be told in a visual novel style. In the game you’ll get to choose things such as who to meet and how to act within a limited amount of time. There are various outcomes depending on the choices you make, which can even lead to the death of your friends, and there are several characters that can possibly be killed off this way.

vtpdWJa.jpg

Graizen

Smash Champion
A new page from V-Jump about Digimon Survive for Nintendo Switch!

Dk5V2cDVAAYCkrf.jpg

Graizen

Smash Champion
A music i love from Digimon World 2 that i hope gets to Smash if Agumon joins the game!

Add me to the support. Agumon vs Pikachu would be as hype as Mario vs Sonic in Brawl.

Used to watch Digimon as a kid so I have a soft spot for it. also since Digimon originated as a game of sorts as virtual pets, I'd say he has a bigger chance than freaking Goku....

Graizen

Smash Champion
Add me to the support. Agumon vs Pikachu would be as hype as Mario vs Sonic in Brawl.

Used to watch Digimon as a kid so I have a soft spot for it. also since Digimon originated as a game of sorts as virtual pets, I'd say he has a bigger chance than freaking Goku....
Welcome to the most controversial tópic on this forum!
Were we have a great character with good chances, but people don't even know he was born in a Game!

Graizen

Smash Champion
NEWS:

The 'Come Back Digimon Play Festival- New Toys and Game Special' will be a livestream special on September 14th at 8pm (Japan time.)

The special will be going over new Digimon toys, including the new Digimon X V-Pet, plus game info for ReArise, etc.

In addition, during the stream they will announce the winners of the recent X-Antibody Fan Vote!

There will also be guests for the stream!

The guests announced so far are Takuya Eguchi (Dorumon in ReArise) and Mayira Ise (Kudamon in ReArise) with more guests to show up.

The various guests will have a Digimon battle with each other.

The stream will be on niconico,Periscope, and Youtube, but no stream address yet.

---------------

Not to get hopes up but...

Smash Bros Ultimate in Japan is Called "SPECIAL"

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Vergeben has just claimed that Namco Bandai is getting two more characters, and they aren't from Tekken or Soul Calibur.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
We're did he clarify it was fake? I just see the Square Enix post, but he's not saying the Namco Bandai part is fake.

And the post on 4Chan was a GameFaqs PM.
Yeah. It was a screenshot of a PM on GameFAQs that was uploaded to 4chan.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The 2 Bandai Namco reps are from the same series.
I can see a Agumon and a Gabumon as Echo.
Or BlackAgumon maybe

Graizen

Smash Champion
And thats cool!
Im happy to see people talking about Agumon and Digimon in Smash on GameFaqs!

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I wanted to come by and let you guys know that I am glad you are in support of this character. Add me to the support list if I am not already on there. I had a dream last night that we got Isaac from Golden Sun and the surprise reveal was none other than Agumon. At the least, I'm sure we will get one of these characters, but I am still hoping for Agumon regardless.

It would be another ground-breaking achievement of Sakurais to get Digimon and Pokemon in the same game together. Here's hoping!

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I wanted to come by and let you guys know that I am glad you are in support of this character. Add me to the support list if I am not already on there. I had a dream last night that we got Isaac from Golden Sun and the surprise reveal was none other than Agumon. At the least, I'm sure we will get one of these characters, but I am still hoping for Agumon regardless. It would be another ground-breaking achievement of Sakurais to get Digimon and Pokemon in the same game together. Here's hoping!
And you my friend, is more than welcome here with us!

Graizen

Smash Champion
Something interesting!
Agumon and Pikachu funkos will launch this year!

Funkos.jpg

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
My first vote went to Agumon, so that’s one vote for a reminder to Nintendo and Namco he has a fan.

What I find interesting, is that no Pokémon was shown during the opening of the K rool trailer, back in melee Mewtwo was considered a villain

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
My first vote went to Agumon, so that’s one vote for a reminder to Nintendo and Namco he has a fan.

What I find interesting, is that no Pokémon was shown during the opening of the K rool trailer, back in melee Mewtwo was considered a villain
Maybe Pokémon will have a Digimon rival?

Smash Ultimate was first worked on I believe in 2015, at least that's when the roster was decided.
And thats great! Becouse this post was made in 2016!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.
Something realy interesting from 2016!
Bandai Namco talking about Pokémon and Digimon!
Comparing Sun and Moon to Sunburst and Moonlight.

https://twitter.com/bandainamcouk/status/801459763628347392
View attachment 159364

Smash Bros WiiU and 3DS lauched on 2014.
And Smash Ultimate was in development in that time.

This can help Agumon a little? Maybe?...
I don't think this is necessarily at all for Agumon in Smash.... but i would've never expected them to reference a game that not many people actually got their hands on, this is kinda neat actually... even if Robopon did it even earlier than Digimon did.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I don't think this is necessarily at all for Agumon in Smash.... but i would've never expected them to reference a game that not many people actually got their hands on, this is kinda neat actually... even if Robopon did it even earlier than Digimon did.
It is not! But i think its cool to see this!
And in 2016... think about it

Graizen

Smash Champion
Actualy there is a BIG chance that, if Agumon join Smash , the Assist Trophy will be Tyrannomon.

They see Tyrannomon as a Mascot as well. You will see him all over the "Digi-Place".

70Y-wRTK_400x400.jpg

max_0888

Smash Cadet
Id be so down for Agumon. It would be awesome to have Agumon against Pikachu and Charizard. I prefer other digimon like Palmon and Lillymon but there is no way in hell another character than Agumon could get in.

It would be epic !

Curious to hear some thoughts on this, with every character getting a more cinematic final smash, it would be super badass if it was this.

Would everyone be ok with this? With the removal of transformation final smashes I think this would be a realistic option. Unless Sakurai put in a special mechanic for Agumon that let's him digivolve through his moveset, maybe like a meter that builds up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom