• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Graizen

Smash Champion
>Digimon Survive announced for Nintendo Switch
>Smash Bros Direct announced 6 days after
>Coincidence? Maybe...

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
>Digimon Survive announced for Nintendo Switch

>Smash Bros Direct announced 6 days after

>Coincidence? Maybe...
What is the date for the next smash direct? Out of the country right now can't access YouTube or Google.

Also, you can't fairly represent Agumon in smash without giving him the ability to Digivolve. Having him warp Digivolve into Wargreymon as a final smash is pretty obvious but it's not enough.

I had 3 ideas. All of my ideas include the use of an MP meter or something like it. MP works like this:

You gain MP by damaging your opponent, resting, eating, or playing. I've taken some inspiration from the games. Each has their pros can cons:

Damaging and opponent can put you at risk and may be difficult to do. MP and dmg is 1 to 2 (1% = 1 MP)

Resting takes about as long as puff's rest to finish and gives you a lot of MP but leaves you wide open. MP 20. Requires you to get at least 3/4 done with the animation to get the benefit, but you can't cancel the move.

Eating is quick and low risk. Gives you 10 MP recovers 5% Health. But you have a limited number of food (1 per stock).

Playing gives Agumon a ball. Every time Agumon throws, catches, or hits the ball he will gain 5 MP. If he damages and an opponent he gains 1 MP per damage. This stacks with the MP he already gets from dmg.

You get one ball per stock.

Rest, eat, and play can only be used once every 10 seconds.

1. The MP meter that starts at 100 (Max). You can use all of your MP to Digivolve into Greymon for about 10 secs. During this time you will gradually lose MP but you can revert back to Agumon anytime. In addition, you spend MP with every special move you use. The amount of MP you use is equal to the amount of damage the move is (If it has no damage then whatever makes sense). You only gain half MP for damaging with specials. You gain no MP as Greymon.

Greymon on not invincible. He has the power of Bowser or Ganondorf. His Novablast is about as strong as a fully charged Charge Shot. Greymon Is very heavy. Can possibly be scaled down to Smash 4 Ridley (height wise). Can be killed.

Lastly, if you have no MP your special will be near useless or nonexistent.

2. Same as above except Agumon only Digivolves as a final smash. The higher MP you have the greater the Digivolution.

3. Scrap the MP system all together. Give him a meter similar to little macs in how it works. When the meter is full. The player can Digivolve to Greymon for a brief moment. One special will make him revert back to Agumon.

EDIT: Do we have any other ideas?

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I suggested a while back that, since anime digivolution happens in response to adversity, it could be a replacement for the rage mechanic, giving Agumon a new form every 100% and only making him revert upon defeat (stock loss). This would make anything but Greymon super rare in normal play but take the match to sudden death and you instantly get the power of WarGreymon.

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
I suggested a while back that, since anime digivolution happens in response to adversity, it could be a replacement for the rage mechanic, giving Agumon a new form every 100% and only making him revert upon defeat (stock loss). This would make anything but Greymon super rare in normal play but take the match to sudden death and you instantly get the power of WarGreymon.
I like the Idea but I make it 100/150/175. Agumon would be a light to heavy-medium weight at best and 200 doesn't happen that often even for Heavys. The numbers I have make the higher evolutions unluckily but still a real threat. It also gives the player more to think about strategy wise. A play might want to transform as soon as he hits 100 or try to wait it out to get higher evolutions.

I'm thinking maybe each Digivolution should be treated like a boss. It can have a certain amount of health and when it's health is depleted it will die. It can't block, roll, dodge. Maybe Wargreymon can have a shield, since he actually has one.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
With Simon being a Third party, and he has an echo, so talks of Shadow getting in is higher than ever, but... sorry to be negative but if Namco gets a second rep it might be Mrs pac man,

But than Capcom has Mega Man, and Ryu, but Ryu was dlc, so it’s different than being a newcomer, but this is a new instrument so also different

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
When it comes to Bamco? It doesn't mean an Echo would be the only character. And the reason is that 3rd party Echoes are more like bonuses. We'd still have a good chance of seeing another character. Ms. Pac-Man also doesn't feel super likely anyway. She couldn't even get in as an alt.

There's also a lot of Bamco characters to consider; Lloyd Irving, Nightmare, Heihachi, and Agumon being the frontrunners. There's lower end ones like Taizo Hori(Dig Dug) and Klonoa, of course.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Doing another sweep of the Characters; Graizen Graizen , you can make use of this if you'd like.
  1. Graizen
  2. Roberto zampari
  3. fogbadge
  4. ryuu seika
  5. PF9
  6. Sailor Waddle Dee
  7. Guybrush20X6
  8. Zeox
  9. DNeon
  10. Ura
  11. ErenJager
  12. GoldenYuiitusin
  13. pupNapoleon
  14. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  15. Shinuto
  16. Lampy
  17. AustatusIV
  18. Morbi
  19. Blue_Sword_Edge
  20. Mogu
  21. GolisoPower
  22. Inawordyes
  23. Kenith
  24. SorrowOfAcheron
  25. Crap-Zapper
  26. MrRoidley
  27. ProtoTwi
  28. Accursed
  29. Kronus
  30. TCT~Phantom
  31. StormC
  32. SethTheMage
  33. Fuzzy Pickles!
  34. CBOOtz
  35. MAtgSy
  36. smileMasky
  37. verysleepywolf
  38. KMDP
  39. timrtabor123
  40. SEGAGameBoy
  41. dangeraaron10
  42. PsychoIncarnate
  43. RileyXY1
  44. Dixie Kong
  45. smashingDoug
  46. CrusherMania1592
  47. infzy
  48. JayJay55
  49. Prince Koopa Jr.
Let me know if I forgot anyone.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Simon was my second most wanted character , im so happy!

But now i want Agumon even more!

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Speaking of Digimon Survive

I'm glad that Digimon is taking some risks on some new genres. I think an SRPG game could do it justice. I wasn't expecting it to go grimdark with kids potentially getting killed but it looks really solid as an experience. I plan on picking it up. Also nice to see a Digimon game not only come to a Nintendo console but release worldwide at or around the same time.

Digimon might be back on an upswing now that it's very much its own thing, distinct from Pokemon.

Even if Agumon doesn't make it this game, he could be DLC, or possibly a prime pick for the next one. I

Lichzim

Smash Rookie
TBH It would be interesting to see Agumon get in. But then again I think people would be confused as of to why an anime character is getting into smash and use it as fuel to get Goku in (which while I doubt will actually happen, would actually be pretty cool since I myself am a DB fan). TBH I think if Agumon gets in, Sakurai would have to give a brief TLDR on the history of Digimon just so that way people don't think Agumon is just from an anime.

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
One thing I know for certain is this: Nintendo knows what the fans want and to and to an extent they know how the fans think. Believe a Digimon Character is on their radar. Just like Crash Bandicoot is, or Geno, or Rayman. If a highly requested character is not included it could be for a number of reasons but obliviousness is not one of them I can assure you.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Agumon would be the best Bamco rep in my opinion.

No one from the vpet genre on the roster.

Tamagotchi was huge in the 90's and early 2000's (the creator won a noble prize for it)

Plus digimon vs pokemon with the rivals sub theme in Smash Ultimate = amazing.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
TBH It would be interesting to see Agumon get in. But then again I think people would be confused as of to why an anime character is getting into smash and use it as fuel to get Goku in (which while I doubt will actually happen, would actually be pretty cool since I myself am a DB fan). TBH I think if Agumon gets in, Sakurai would have to give a brief TLDR on the history of Digimon just so that way people don't think Agumon is just from an anime.
Just as Pac Man's trailer made a big deal of his age, Agumon's would open with the importance of the Vpet. In terms of Smash, that's what gives him historical significance.

I can picture it now. An up-rezzed version of 64's opening. Figurines being pulled from the toy box, coming to life and beginning to fight. Then, a short jingle. Everybody stops and the camera flies in to focus on the box once more.
And there it is, all alone at the bottom, a digivice, shaking gently, pixelated Agumon on its LCD screen. As its rumbling picks up, though, his newer design is projected out of the box, slowly rendering from the feet up.
As he comes to life, we see Agumon fight one of the figurines briefly, probably Link, but he soon breaks away to meet the disdainful eyes of a certain electric mouse.
Agumon's title splash comes down and we cut to a brief explanation of what the digivice really is and how, as a Vpet, Agumon represents a unique genre and even hardware within Smash. Then the in game footage kicks off to end it all.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The love for Agumon in Smash grows stronger by the day, im so happy!

In Smash Bros Brawl days people said i was stupid for wanting him in the game.

Graizen

Smash Champion
There is a 4Chan leak, from 1 month ago , that says Agumon will be releaved as a DLC for the game.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423147978
--
July:
>Dixie Kong
>King K. Rool
>Simon Belmont

August:
>Ashley
>Shadow the Hedgehog
>Banjo and Kazooie

September:
>Spyro
>Crash Bandicoot
>Reimu

October:
>Geno
>Dry Bowser
>Ninten

November:
>Miles Tails Prower
>Dark Samus
>Metal Sonic

December:
>Springman
>Mametchi
>Pink Gold Peach

DLC Fighters:
>Waluigi
>Bomberman
>Amy Rose
>Agumon

There are some problems, but he got K. Rool, Simon and Dark Samus right.

You can see it here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76783588

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There is a 4Chan leak, from 1 month ago , that says Agumon will be releaved as a DLC for the game.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423147978
--
July:
>Dixie Kong
>King K. Rool
>Simon Belmont

August:
>Ashley
>Shadow the Hedgehog
>Banjo and Kazooie

September:
>Spyro
>Crash Bandicoot
>Reimu

October:
>Geno
>Dry Bowser
>Ninten

November:
>Miles Tails Prower
>Dark Samus
>Metal Sonic

December:
>Springman
>Mametchi
>Pink Gold Peach

DLC Fighters:
>Waluigi
>Bomberman
>Amy Rose
>Agumon

There are some problems, but he got K. Rool, Simon and Dark Samus right.

You can see it here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76783588
That leak is fake. It claims that there would be a reveal in July when there wasn't one.

Last edited:

Pxllation

Smash Rookie
NNID
Negatron341
Switch FC
SW-3793-0583-6602
This is a thread for Agumon for Smash Bros.
Digimon needs more love knowing that Bandai have story with Digimon, as well, with Smash Bros.

There's a lot of movesets for Agumon:

Baby Flame - Releases a stream of fire from its mouth.
Kūchū Baby Flame - The Baby Flame unleashed while airborne.
Spitfire - Spits out fireballs.
Battle Hawk - Brandishes an axe made of Chrome Digizoid.
Cross Fight - Viciously bites the enemy.
Surudoi Tsume - Tear into the enemy with its razor-sharp claws.
Mach Jab - A punch or claw attack thrown faster than the eyes can see.
Mach Jab Combo - Throws punches or claw attacks faster than the eyes can see.
Dynamite Kick - A flurry of kicks in midair.
Triple Baby Flame - Rapidly fires three different Baby Flames in three different directions.
Uppercut - Throws a mean uppercut.
Baby Burner - Accumulates Baby Flame in its mouth and then spits it out all at once as a much more powerful blast.

Final Smash - WARGREYMON

Could Agumon in Smash Bros be a good idea?
Yes, this absolutely is a good idea! As of right now, Pac-Man is the only 3rd party character representing his company of Bandai Namco whereas we have Sonic and Bayonetta representing Sega, MegaMan and Ryu representing Capcom, and now we have 3 Konami reps in the form of the returning Snake as well as Simon and Richter Belmont so this needs to happen.

Not to mention that there is a new Digimon game coming to the PS4 and the Switch next year, even though relevancy seems to no longer be a factor anymore due to the recent direct that took place last wednesday!

Oh also Toy Agumon has to be an alternate costume, otherwise that would be a hugely missed opportunity.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
I was gonna diss this thread but then I remember digimon originated as a tomodachi for boys. Agumon makes sense and digimon is more than an anime, I’ll reluctantly support it since Digimon were a contribution to gaming.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I was thinking that even if Agumon apears as a Virtual Pet character, his stage should be based on the Digimon World series of games.

Some great potential for Stages there.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well i love Digimon , and i love Agumon.
I will fight for it even if im alone.
And im not!
Yeah. Sadly, I don't know how Agumon can get in because he has no shot at getting in over Heihachi and Lloyd.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Yeah. Sadly, I don't know how Agumon can get in because he has no shot at getting in over Heihachi and Lloyd.
Actualy i think he has!
Agumon was born together with the Tamagotshi, thats a entire type of Games not represented in Smash.

Tekken is actualy not on Nintendo Consoles for a long time now.
And Lloyd actualy just apeared in one single game.

But Digimon have a 3DS title from 2017 AND a Nintendo Switch Game coming 2019.

And im not even talking about the fact that Digimon and Pokémon are rivals.
And we actualy have a Rival Theme for Smash Ultimate.
AND we have other rivals together , like Cloud and Link , Sonic and Mario , Megaman and Samus.

Agumon and Pikachu is actualy the last one.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Actualy i think he has!
Agumon was born together with the Tamagotshi, thats a entire type of Games not represented in Smash.

AND we have other rivals together , like Cloud and Link , Sonic and Mario , Megaman and Samus.

i think mario and sonic are the only ones who were actual rivals all the others were just made by the fans

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Actualy i think he has!

Sakurai actually considered Heihachi to be a playable character in Smash 4. Lloyd is very popular, appeared in Smash Flash, and both got DLC Mii Fighter costumes. Agumon just can't compete with them.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Sakurai actually considered Heihachi to be a playable character in Smash 4. Lloyd is very popular, appeared in Smash Flash, and both got DLC Mii Fighter costumes. Agumon just can't compete with them.
Ok.

Pxllation

Smash Rookie
NNID
Negatron341
Switch FC
SW-3793-0583-6602
Hello! I made this aseprite gif to showcase what would it be like if Agumon was picked for smash and what his alternate costumes would look like. Just something I did this simply for fun and how you possibly get more than one rep from Digimon in Smash (granted it's only one extra)! :)

Click here to see the reddit page!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I can see Agumon being released as DLC to promote Survive if he ever joins the roster.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
kind of feels like sakurai is putting in his own choices for third party characters whos knows maybe he loves digimon like us

Made by the fans , yes!
And that don't make it less important or valid.
i suppose so, but i dont think it has much baring on smash

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I suggest anybody who supports Agumon to come see this and toss a vote for the mon so we can at least put em on the radar a bit more.

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.
I found out something that could make Agumon more viable than I first thought... the series has made over 2 BILLION altogether counting gaming, anime and other franchising.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
Out of all the Bandai Franchises with a game based origin, Digimon is the third best grossing, losing only to PAC-MAN and Tamagotchi (which has such a little gaming prevalence outside of V-Pets compared to Digimon that i really can't see it, plus they don't fight like Digimon do.)

Digimon was also REALLY big in the nineties, much larger than even Tales of and Tekken are today, even now Agumon is a somewhat recognisable character, even if it's a bit less than it was years ago. The only problem is that Digimon's anime is the most well known part... even then it is a gaming series in some form and it fits the requirements to be a third party in Smash.

Agumon's always been a character I've supported and this is just great news for me, as i wasn't aware it made as much as it did and i thought he would be a pipe dream... I wouldn't say Agumon is a very likely character but his odds are better than first thought.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I found out something that could make Agumon more viable than I first thought... the series has made over 2 BILLION altogether counting gaming, anime and other franchising.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
Out of all the Bandai Franchises with a game based origin, Digimon is the third best grossing, losing only to PAC-MAN and Tamagotchi (which has such a little gaming prevalence outside of V-Pets compared to Digimon that i really can't see it, plus they don't fight like Digimon do.)

Digimon was also REALLY big in the nineties, much larger than even Tales of and Tekken are today, even now Agumon is a somewhat recognisable character, even if it's a bit less than it was years ago. The only problem is that Digimon's anime is the most well known part... even then it is a gaming series in some form and it fits the requirements to be a third party in Smash.

Agumon's always been a character I've supported and this is just great news for me, as i wasn't aware it made as much as it did and i thought he would be a pipe dream... I wouldn't say Agumon is a very likely character but his odds are better than first thought.
More people NEED to see this information!

Graizen

Smash Champion
Agreed, I'm definitely gonna try to get the stuff i've found spread. Agumon's my most wanted character who isn't from Kirby so I REALLY want people to see him as a viable candidate... I'm also hoping to see Machinedramon as a stage boss.
I can imagine a Stage based on Mt. Infinity from Digimon World.

Top Bottom