• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Broken" characters In Brawl

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Hello, I'm POF and I am a Meta Knight main in Brawl. People often tell me that "Meta Knight is anooby character" due to his fast attacks and the non-existent lag with each and pretty much everyone of those attacks. Frankly, I am quite sick of hearing that and for ONE reason. Pretty much every single character in Smash Brothers Brawl is a complete noob friendly pickup. The game is just naturally user friendly....still do not agree? Here, let me show you...

DK-Donkey Kong has been made sooooo much better in so many different aspects. His sidestep is now ridiculously fast, he is faster, he chain throws with his D throw, angleable f tilt, a great d tilt, and he still possess the same immense power he had in Melee. He is easily a complete noob friendly pickup. Problems with the lighter characters such as pikachu, meta, kirby, and jiggly? DK is a good option.

Wolf-Haha, I was playing a wolf player last night actually and he posted on his comment last night "MK is 4 noobs." Okay....but wolf has probably the most spammable f smash in the whole game...the range is insane. Guess what? He did spam it, and he still lost to me. The fact that his laser also STUNS you (ZAMUS) is just another reason why he is noob friendly as well. Hes full of plenty of stun moves, has two great spikes, has one of the best f smashes, good approach game, and so on...another noob friendly pickup here.

Bowser-Bowser is another character that has been buffed significantly. Bowser moves just as fast as most characters, has great power, a wonderful d smash, great fast up-b that cancels many attacks, f tilt of glory that you can angle, and a jumping moving throw that can KO your opponenet before you die to get the W. Another truly buffed, fantastic character. Did I mention he also ***** the nooby MK? If you get in a good 2-3 GOOD hits with bowser...MK is pretty much dead.

Zelda-Zelda is known as a noob character now because of her ability to stand around...and basically just camp the whole match. She can spam her forward B while people are trying to recover...her f smash and just all of her attacks in general have been buffed. The only thing that is not good about her is basically her recovery...after a while it gets extremely predictable. Other than that though...she is extremely powerful along with her buffed d and u air. Go be nooby guys! Go Camp!

Zero Suit Samus-Zero Suit Samus may not be the most powerful character in the game but she does have numerous attacks that allow you to be stunned and allow her to follow up with numerous attacks. Examples-her forward B (also a form of recovery) and her d smash. You can actually do two d smashes followed by a f smash (not sweet spotted) if you are good enough and know what you are doing. There goes a quick 30% off the health there noobs. :)

Mr. Game And Watch-With the ability to jump cancel his d air out of the parachute, his very spammable b air with 6 total hits, (yes, 6) one of the best tech chasers in the game, a better recovery, and more weight in brawl....he is another character that is noob friendly and has been buffed beyond belief. In Melee he was a joke due to the small shield that he had and how low he got KOed...but now....noob!!!!

Pit-Pit is also a nooby character. With his everlasting and controllable arrows, super fast smash attacks, arguably the best recovery in the game, two reflectors, and a glide....another complete noob choice. Hes basically a Meta Knight with more lag, a projectile, better recovery, and faster aerial movement. Another noob friendly decision here!

Ike-Ike is easily the noobiest character in the whole game, without a doubt. With his jab combo that basically cancels out any attack, the immense power and the KO ability at 58%...he pretty much can be handled by any pro or veteran. All you need is some good edge guarding skills with him and you are pretty much golden. His recovery is actually surprisingly good if you know how to use it. He also possess the ability to have a counter...so if those Mk's and super fast characters take advantage of your lack of speed....counter away noobs.

King Dedede-Haha, another "nooby" character. This character is only good because of his ability to chain throw, and the bottom line. If you could not chain throw....no one would use him. With throws that deal up to 16% damage...come on....enough said. He pretty much chain throws every character in the game aside from Kirby, jiggly, meta knight, and two others. Some characters can even be grabbed infinitely....thats nooby too :)

Solid Snake-With his extremely spammable F tilt, u tilt, VERY STRONG F SMASH, infinite recovery, (down b twice to u b) and the ability to place C4 on his opponents and KO at low percents....another noob choice here. Once you get used to his style of play and how unorthodox he is....you can **** people with ease....(any noob can just pick him up and spam his fmash and f tilt..)

Meta Knight-With the ability to control the pace and speed of battle, the best edge recovery game, lag free attacks such as his escalating u air, the second best (or best depending on control) recovery, the fastest d smash in the game, and the best combo ability in the game, Meta Knight is also "noob" friendly as well. Meta also poses the ability to stop most projectiles in the game with his mach tornado.

Projectiles that can be stopped-

Luigis
Marios
Early Lucario non charged shots
TL and Links arrows
Dededes little dudes
Game and watch frying pan
Ikes forward B (not really a projectile...but most people did not know this.)

It is a great move to stop those spammers/campers.

Marth-Marth is another "noob" friendly character in the game. If you have good spacing, sometimes you can get KO's on battlefield as low as 75% even with good DI. Marths F airs are pretty spammable...if your spacing is good. Although people say Marth has been "nerfed"I would not say so. He just plays EXTREMELY different from how he did in Melee. I frankly, miss that. Marth in Melee=God. (I was a Marth main as you can see.....think about my username haha) He also has a counter guys!!! omg!!! (See Ike)

Kirby-Kirby is another "noob" character in Brawl. With the extreme increase in power with his AMAZING reecovery that he still has...hes good. His dash attack is better, smashes are better, combos are better, everything.

Charizard-With superarmor, the ability to get his side B to reach 30%......enough said. He is also a heavyweight and is very hard to KO.....

R.O.B-ROB is easily the hardest character to catch and kill. At least with Pit and Meta Knight they move extremely slow in the air and you can kill Pit if he uses his Up B and you intercept him. ROBs dsmash also has a vast amount of range and lasts longer than it should. With two projectiles it just adds to his "noobiness." His b air also has two hit boxes (in front of him and behind) and he can use the attack to help him recover!!!! Definitely a noob choice...go spam dsmash noobs.

My point-Every character in this game is extremely noob friendly. Get over it, have fun, and just enjoy the game for what it is. No Johns guys....No Johns.

Yeah; so do not use any of those characters guys, they are nooby. :)

-Poffy

Gill

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. It seems like every character has a really spammy move, it sucks. I really hate people calling Ike overpowered though. Just because you walk into his smashes, doesn't make him overpowered.

noodles

Smash Champion
anyone can pick up R.O.B.s down B.

EDIT: not to mention most of his powerful attacks have alot of start up lag. and his down smash doesnt have good enough knock back compared with MK.

Sonic_keyblade

Smash Apprentice
My point-Every character in this game is extremely noob friendly. Get over it, have fun, and just enjoy the game for what it is. No Johns guys....No Johns.

Yeah; so do not use any of those characters guys, they are nooby. :)

-Poffy
Yet in your signature, your brawl mains are marth and meta knight.

hmm...

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
After it spins for like 10 seconds...and by that time...it doesnt do nearly as much damage to R.O.B

Edit- Sonickeyblade---

Hello, I'm POF and I am a Meta Knight main in Brawl.
Yeah, I acknowledged that. I'm not saying DO NOT BE THESE CHARACTERS. My point is that everyone needs to learn to shut the hell up, stop complaining about how everyone is nooby...and just play the game.

Anarkex

Smash Cadet
OP is saying how easy characters are to pick up as a noob, but every reason he gives refers to things a complete noob couldn't give two shifts about. Chainthrowing? DK's angleable F tilt? Tilting in general? These aren't things someone new to the game is going to think about.

He outlines every good thing about each character but doesn't take into account their many weaknesses. MK has very few good KO moves, and to use him really well you have to balance everything you do to minimize damage and knockback decay on those moves. Ike is slow and easy to avoid. Dedede's chainthrowing is unreliable. Marth is much slower and you need experience to play him well. A character that takes effort to learn is not noob friendly, no matter how good he is once you've figured him out. A good player has to compensate for his weaknesses, and exploit his enemy's.

lastly, OP's overuse of the word "noob" is kind of unprofessional and, IMHO, detracted from his argument. Didn't we leave that back in 2002 with the rest of the l33tsp33k?

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Scoffs at the fact that Ness is not on the noob-character list(though i have no doubt the OP will append just to spite me). With (nearly)every one of his moves being entirely situational, and having one of the hardest recoveries to pull off effectively(especially as an attack). Muhaha, i actually have skill if i own with Ness!

noodles

Smash Champion
MK has dsmash, up b, f smash and probably more attacks for knockback

stillsickwithit

Smash Rookie
honestly every character is easy to pick up......metaknight has fast attacks but he dies easily....every character has its flaws....when people complain that certain characters are noob characters is only because they probably lost to that character....overall brawl's learning curve for characters is AlOT easier than it is for melee's learning curve due to the lack of advance techniques

Zevox

Smash Lord
King Dedede-Haha, another "nooby" character. This character is only good because of his ability to chain throw, and the bottom line. If you could not chain throw....no one would use him. With throws that deal up to 16% damage...come on....enough said. He pretty much chain throws every character in the game aside from Kirby, jiggly, meta knight, and two others. Some characters can even be grabbed infinitely....thats nooby too :)
You obviously are not very familiar with Dedede. At all. His chain throw is something that is almost unknown outside of these boards - I've seen a lot of Dededes online and in a tournament I went to, and none of them ever even tried to use it. It also works on far fewer characters than your think - about 1/3 of the game's characters it is impossible to use it on due to how they fall after his down throw (check the Dedede boards for a complete list). And his infinite grab is by no means "nooby" - the timing is so tight that even pros have difficulty with it, and it only works on four characters (five, if you count the semi-infinite version for Bowser), none of which are exactly commonly used. And of course people use Dedede for more than just his throws. He actually has more fast attacks than slow ones in spite of being a heavyweight character, has great reach, a tilt that can KO below 100% (his up tilt), a very versatile projectile, and great recovery, among other advantages.

Quite a number of your comments actually presume knowledge that "noob" players simply would not have, now that I look over them. For example, Snake's infinite recovery using his C4 - what noob is going to think of that? You also speak of having good spacing with Marth, something noobs generally don't have. Or DK's angelable ftilt (many noobs completely overlook tilts and just use smashes, much less have any idea about the possibility of angling a tilt) and chain throw (again, noobs generally have no idea what this is). Really, some of it is pretty ridiculous stuff.

Zevox

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wolf is all about the smash attacks. With moves that fast, I wouldn't be surprised if he is at a broken state.

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
You really don't know D3 if you think he's only about his Chaingrab.

Let's see you talk about Olimar.

Atmapalazzo

Smash Cadet
On the King D3 subject, he's definately not nooby for his chain/infinite grabs. However, I'd have to say that his rediculous recovery power and obscene strength make him nooby (and extremely cute ^^).
Somehow in some way, every character has a broken or nooby aspect to them, (like the "flawless" approach of G&W or approx 5 different attacks with super armor for Ike) I mean even yoshi's dair is nooby/broken. The real question is if something is broken, is it nooby?

:chuckle:

Rash

Smash Ace
D3 is not a "noob" character at all. He's like Bowser in Melee, very slow and hard to use effectively. Though, that's probably why I like using him. His attacks are so goofy that they make him a hilarious character to play, and it's also impressive to pull off his hammer attacks.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Is it considered camping if one fights primarily at close range w/ Zelda (n-air is your friend), knocks the oppnent up to 70+, then f-smash/Din's Fire juggles for more damage/KO? It's using the same move multiple times at the end, but it's to force a vert kill, and the opponent is already damaged enough to where 1-3 hits should be sufficient. Verdict?

Atmapalazzo

Smash Cadet
D3 is not a "noob" character at all. He's like Bowser in Melee, very slow and hard to use effectively. Though, that's probably why I like using him. His attacks are so goofy that they make him a hilarious character to play, and it's also impressive to pull off his hammer attacks.
So true with the hammer :laugh:.

I just see a lot of D3 players who are noobs yet win more than other noobs because their rarely landed blows make more of an impact while their opponent's blows have to be real hard to KO D3.. (This is not saying that D3 players are noobs just because they don't need to combo like MK, I'm actually a D3 player)

I'd say no to your question Executive, triple fire for the kill is essentially the same as edge guarding.

noodles

Smash Champion
never did he say he was "pissed" if u read everything youd know he mains MK and Marth 2 characters he mentioned as "noob" characters

orintemple

Smash Lord
Zelda is clearly the most "broken" character. She is pretty much the universal counterpick. There is no way to fight her...

As far as newb friendly goes, there are a lot.
BUT, MK is hard to kill with if you are a low level player. Bowser is hard to use winningly at any level if gameplay. DK is like Bowser but to a slightly lesser extent. ZSS has the MetaKnight complex, hard to kill with at low level play. Game and Watch is weird to play and awkward for low level players. Your description of D3 is entirely dead wrong. Snake is nearly impossible to play well at low level play due to his mindgamey playstyle.

But the others are definitely newb friendly.

shatoga

Smash Cadet
Most of ROB's smashes and aerials has a huge amount of lag.IMO ROB is one of the harder characters to master, since he's not the fastest, and most of his moves can easily be dodged. Calling him broken is just plain stupid.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
ITT: People who don't know what broken means

Though I disagree with your list of the games easiest characters to play thats for later. Remember, broken means an attack or skill that is so powerful, there is no counter to the attack or skill. A perfect example, (and the most overused) was Akuma in Street Fighter 2. His mid-air fireball was way too good. Very few characters could ever hope to beat a decent Akuma, and thus he was banned so the meta-game was a not Akuma vs Akuma.

I don't know about you, but I don't see the Metagame degrading into DK vs DK "The Battle of the F-Tilt"

Oh lastly, in my opinion the 5 easiest characters to use are:

5. Pikachu
4. Lucas
3. Toon Link
2. Ike
1. Wolf

Easy to use=/= broken or overpowered.

noodles

Smash Champion
lol wtf u have no idea what you talking about those characters have plenty flaws

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
lol wtf u have no idea what you talking about those characters have plenty flaws
Are you dumb? Where did I say "These 5 characters are the games best characters with little to no flaws." All I said was they have a lower learning curve then most other characters, making them easier to just pick up and play with decently well.

noodles

Smash Champion
if by easier to pick up and play decently well with you mean landing a f smash with ike your wrong

also where the hell did you get that qoute from NO ONE said that LOL

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
LOL.
Zelda's anything but broken.

Intelligent users can easily dodge Din's fire, and punish and intelligent Zelda players won't Din's fire spam the whole match. Anyone that stands by and lets Zelda camp the whole match obviously doesn't know what they'r doing.
All of Zelda smashes can be DI'd out of easily. This means she can't multi-hit you, and only does about 2-4% damage.
She's terrible on approach, and can generally easily be out-prioritized.
Her recovery is a ***** to control on places like FD at times.

Zelda has a lot wrong with her. She's hardly broken e.e

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
LOL.
Zelda's anything but broken.

Intelligent users can easily dodge Din's fire, and punish and intelligent Zelda players won't Din's fire spam the whole match. Anyone that stands by and lets Zelda camp the whole match obviously doesn't know what they'r doing.
All of Zelda smashes can be DI'd out of easily. This means she can't multi-hit you, and only does about 2-4% damage.
She's terrible on approach, and can generally easily be out-prioritized.
Her recovery is a ***** to control on places like FD at times.

Zelda has a lot wrong with her. She's hardly broken e.e
Sadly, yes. She is better, but...not by much.

shatoga

Smash Cadet
if by easier to pick up and play decently well with you mean landing a f smash with ike your wrong

also where the hell did you get that qoute from NO ONE said that LOL
You're probably just one of those ******** Ike ***gots that chooses Ike every game and ledge camps while using only smashes.Ike IS a noob character.

noodles

Smash Champion
You're probably just one of those ******** Ike ***gots that chooses Ike every game and ledge camps while using only smashes.Ike IS a noob character.
HAHA i main ROB. ive only used ike like 10 times. ike smashes are the laggiest attacks to be on any one character. just because you like a dumb**** run into the smashes doesnt mean it works on anyone with half abrain =o.

noodles

Smash Champion
omg i posted like an *******. ^they're gay not cheap or broken. but its really only mk thats gay.

Top Bottom