• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Breakfast Club - A Game and Watch Clan

Status
Not open for further replies.

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
Just wondering... I did but then I forgot what it said. :p I don't like ditto matches btw.

EDIT: I'll join and post my info in a sec, but I can't have tags in my sig yet.

Smashboards name: What do you think?
Nickname for WiFi: Dude
Brawl Code: 3437 3018 0261
Region: South East
AIM: evilspamdude
Type of player: casual, trying to get into competitive[/QUOTE]

That's fine. Welcome to the club!

Kaoz

Smash Cadet
Request to Post Survey answers here.

Hey, daytimeninja, may I post the results of the survey I did on the G&W boards? It was my intention to post them here all along since I did the survey especially for the clan. I did it for the clan with the intentions of just researching some data, and with the possibility that it could attract a few new members to the clan itself.

Thanks in advance!

:gw:

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
Hey, daytimeninja, may I post the results of the survey I did on the G&W boards? It was my intention to post them here all along since I did the survey especially for the clan. I did it for the clan with the intentions of just researching some data, and with the possibility that it could attract a few new members to the clan itself.

Thanks in advance!

:gw:
Go ahead:)

And this goes for everybody. If you have something that you would like to post that you think would be beneficial to the clan, go ahead and post it.

mr.gameandwin

Smash Rookie
sounds sick even though it sounds like the movie the breatfeast club . i won a gamestop torny with game and watch and would like to join

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
sounds sick even though it sounds like the movie the breatfeast club . i won a gamestop torny with game and watch and would like to join
As long as you submit the format on the front page, you'll be in :D
And congrats on the tourney.

lets beat up the ike clan, they seem easy prey!
or not O-o

Sw0rd

Smash Cadet
^
I have trouble with toon link too, he's a real pain.

Ha ha, the ike clan...

I'm pretty sure I added everyones fc's

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Toon Link is surprisingly easy for me, at least. Same with MK.
I have tons of trouble against good Olimars though :[

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Hey everyone. I'm going to possible make a tutor thread when I get some time, if you hadnt heard about that already.

but

does any of you have experience fighting peach?

Fuzzamazoo

Smash Cadet
Somewhere out there in a land called nowhere
Hey everyone. I'm going to possible make a tutor thread when I get some time, if you hadnt heard about that already.

but

does any of you have experience fighting peach?
Omj...

Peach is soooo hard to fight against.
my friend uses peach and i loose a lot.

Just keep your distance away from her. There's this Combo of throwing a turnip and doing a forward dash a that is really hurtfull. Her neutral A (i think) has more prioriety then G&W...

I do a lot of the Key and the fishbowl attack. :)

Vts

Smash Champion
Nickname for WiFi: Umm VTS
Brawl Code: I'll get it later
Region: Ar-Kansas
AIM: Zoxam Imperial
Type of player: competitive

well i used xfire more than aim but my xfire is iceydevil

-peace vts

Kaoz

Smash Cadet
Small 5 Second Survey Answers Revealed!!!!

Well, in May 03 of 2008, at 11:23 AM, I started a small survey that would last 10 days, which asked a series of questions to the G&W boards. Surprisingly, this survey had more answers (little more than 40 answers!) than I had expected it to have, with lots of detailed answers that I really appreciate. Thanks guys. Now, let’s move on to the answers:

Basic Questions

1. What control(s) do you use?(Wiimote, Wiimote & Nunchuk, Classic GC Controller, etc..)

In first place.... The Amazing GameCube Controller!, with 34 votes in favor of it, this classical gaming piece took the golden trophy. Here are the other controllers, order by the number of votes they received.

2 Place- Wiimote + Nunchuk (3 votes)
3 Place- Classic Controller (2 votes)
4 Place- Wiimote only (1 vote)

2. What is your favorite G&W move?

I actually wasn't surprised when the votes gave this move the First Place.
Why, if it isn't the incredibly famous TURTLE! With 17 votes in its favor, this fabulous pet has no equal.

2 Place - Fishbowl (8 votes)
3 Place – Key, Bucket and Fair (all with 4 votes)
4 Place – Uair, hammer, and Chef (all with 3 votes)
5 Place - Dsmash, Parachute, Dtilt (all with 2 votes)
6 Place – Octopus, Usmash , Sidetilt, Fsmash (all with 1 vote)

3. In your opinion, which matchup is the most difficult for G&W?

A tough competition, that’s for sure, but finally Olimar pulled on through! With 9 votes (1 above Snake and Marth) Olimar proved to be the meanest, hardest match up of all. I’m lucky I main him ;)

2 Place – Snake, Marth (both with 8 votes)
3 Place – Toon Link (7 votes)
4 Place – Meta Knight (3 votes)
5 Place – Ike, Peach and Wolf (all with 2 votes)
6 Place – Wario, Pit ,G&W, ZSS, Kirby, Shiek, Zelda, Ganon, Link
Anyone with projectiles that cant be bucketed (all with 1 vote)

4. Why did you choose G&W?

People chose G&W because, well.. he's just pure FUN!, with 9 votes, G&W is most chosen for being capable of not only be a good character, but make you enjoy using him ;)

Other reasons involve, “He was my melee main” (6 votes), great air mobility, has personality (both with 3 votes). Other reasons were “great secondary”, “out of curiosity”, “awesome offstage playstyle”, “awesome grabs”, “a strong character”, and “good against campers”.

5. Please describe your own experience with G&W, in tournaments or at home with some friendly matches.

G&W may be fun to the person who is using it, but it turns out that most people who play against end up completely annoyed!, with 3 votes, “annoys other people” is what the G&W users have noticed when using him. Other feedbacks on G&W are, “fun but predictable” (2 votes). “good all around player”, “amazing”, “awesome and original” , “controls the air game”.

Well, this resumes this 10 day survey, I hope that you all learned something about how the Game an Watch community thinks, and remember, that this is not ACTUAL, CONFIRMED data, it is just basicly how the G&W feel and think about these questions. I hope I can continue to do stuff like this but I have school now, so my participation will probably slightly decrease.

Thanks! :gw:

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Any tips on how to beat a good Ike? You just can't turtle him because of the range of his attack- and when those attacks hit you that power owns G&W because of his lightness.

oh and because this is a G&W clan can we just randomly shout out "G&W FOREVER!"?

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
We need a clan taunt!
Very very good work Koaz!

play a very campy/defensive G&W. Powershielding his attacks i always good.
The Chef is pretty useful in this matchup, but a fully charged Quick Draw can sometimes get past, so be careful. Dtilt has good range, but his Ftilt is just too dangerous.

edgeguarding is how you'll get most of the kills
Juggling him is incredibly easy, too.

so fishbowls and firemans are likely to be used when he's open for an attack.

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
Against Ike, I would just wait and punish his slow attacks.

Also, since he has long range, it will kind of hard to approach him with bair and nair. I would also recomend using chef sparingly. Just learn from experience.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Hey Day, do you think the Oil Panic guide I made could be added to the links on the front page? I think it's a pretty good resource for anyone curious.

Sr. Juego y Reloj

Smash Apprentice
ooo may i join? great name btw. :b

Sr. Juego y Reloj
Nickname for WiFi: cha0s
Brawl Code: 1891-0879-8490
Region: pacific west
AIM: djka0s7
Type of player: competitive, casual

Fuzzamazoo

Smash Cadet
Somewhere out there in a land called nowhere
We need a clan taunt!
Very very good work Koaz!

play a very campy/defensive G&W. Powershielding his attacks i always good.
The Chef is pretty useful in this matchup, but a fully charged Quick Draw can sometimes get past, so be careful. Dtilt has good range, but his Ftilt is just too dangerous.

edgeguarding is how you'll get most of the kills
Juggling him is incredibly easy, too.

so fishbowls and firemans are likely to be used when he's open for an attack.
Clan taunt!

How 'bout this?
Beep beep boop bop!

xP

kinda lame

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Oh. :(

I thought you guys took your name from the movie "The Breakfast Club", which I'm pretty sure was from around the G&W days.

Which I thought was just about the most creative thing ever.

bebar

Smash Cadet
Hi, I would like to join but i don't have a wii. I play gaw main tho at my buddies house.

Bebar
dont have a wii
California
no aim
casual

Dang, can someone help me with my sig a little.I know its not the right forum area, but I can only link it for some reason. I put
in back.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So this is a clan right, and would want to enter some clan wars? If so have your leader PM me and ill send him a messages about a new exciting clan wars so you can decide if you wanta join the brawl. Only one clan per character though.

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
So this is a clan right, and would want to enter some clan wars? If so have your leader PM me and ill send him a messages about a new exciting clan wars so you can decide if you wanta join the brawl. Only one clan per character though.
Can you give me anymore info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom