• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Breakfast Club - A Game and Watch Clan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anytime_Minutes

Smash Apprentice
:d

Anytime Minutes
2D
0259 0019 9445
Central (Colorado)
Aim:Chickmiester007
Yahoo:The_Man_Wearing_Black
CoMpEtEtIvE

Who do i have to beat to become leader :p

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
Hey Daytime, how exactly can I help? :p

I was going to make some instructional videos, but I really cant decide what to make. Either I try broad topics, like edge guarding or tips on dealing with projectile users, or something like a showcase of his moves. Maybe a whole thing dedicated to the bucket, and another to the hammers. Some wouldn't be helpful, like the Ftilt, but I can see things like the Dtilt getting a lot of stuff.

I'm more inclined to do the first of the two, but I'd love to hear everyone else's opinion
:D
Yea. I was looking at the Lucario board and they have a series of instructional videos about how to use Lucario. I might look into someone making some of those. If you want some ideas, go to the Lucario video thread and look at the "inner fire" videos.

They would just basically be videos showing how to play as GaW.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Always use your signature :D

Alright, thanks for the input guys. I've decided to start working on my first instructional video. I've looked through a few of my matches, and a have some decent bucket usage. I'll probably do that first of all.

so

What tricks do you guys have with the bucket?
How do you get it filled?
How do you get it released?

Just those three for now.

I want to hear things like absorbing Ness/Lucas' PK thunder to gimp them, using arwing lasers to fill up, maybe even waddle dee's. Just anything cool you've done or have thought of doing with G&W's bucket.

Getting it filled, as in, how do you bait them into filling your bucket? Against pit, I start with the bucket in the match, and anyone when given space, I use the chef. Theres little lag into canceling the chef into a bucket, and its an amazing trick to baiting them into using their laser.

Releasing the bucket on overly aggressive opponents is easiest, but maybe you can use the bucket if you predict where they'll go on a Dthrow.

Short answers are fine :D

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
Well, what many for some reason don't know, is during a 2v2 when friendly fire is turned on, your teammate can fill up your bucket.

I also try do things like spacing myself out during a match. This usually means the opponent will fire a projectile due to habit.

I think another good strategy is to save the bucket until you may need it most. Many people sometimes just forget that you have a full bucket if you wait a little while.

frenchclops

Smash Cadet
This is a little character-specific, but against dedede, sometimes you can edgehog him and force him to use his upb, then edgehop and bucket the stars.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Character specific is fine :D
It also works on Yoshi, but I've never actually got a full bucket worth of stars in a real match. 2/3's was the closest to it.

I actually forgot about FF for a bit. I use it with my older brother when we do team matches, but for some reason it slipped my mind. Thanks for the catch :D

And it's very true that people forget about it. In a 3 stock match, it came really close between a fox and myself, and I manage to kill him. As a taunt I release my bucket (Didn't see a good opening). He IM's me shocked that I actually had a full bucket. Hehe. Got it right in the beginning.

Keep em coming!

Neb

Smash Lord
SmashBoards Name: Neb
Nickname for WiFi: Pilof
Brawl Code: 1934-0350-0499
Region: South East America
Type of player: Casual/Competitive

Nice club. And check out my G&W sig when you have the chance, I worked on it last night.

Akekazori

Smash Rookie
Haha, awesome! I remember the clans around here before Brawl was released, but those seemed to never really take off...glad to see this one is doing well. Oh, love the name by the way! :chuckle:

smashboards name: Akekazori
Nickname for WiFi: Jedas
Brawl Code: 4811-6631-8857
Region: Mid-Atlantic US
AIM: ----
Type of player: Slightly competitive

Neb

Smash Lord
Haha, thanks, I'm glad to be apart of it. And whoever made the club name, its kick arse!

Kaoz

Smash Cadet
Always use your signature :D

Alright, thanks for the input guys. I've decided to start working on my first instructional video. I've looked through a few of my matches, and a have some decent bucket usage. I'll probably do that first of all.

so

What tricks do you guys have with the bucket?
How do you get it filled?
How do you get it released?

Just those three for now.

I want to hear things like absorbing Ness/Lucas' PK thunder to gimp them, using arwing lasers to fill up, maybe even waddle dee's. Just anything cool you've done or have thought of doing with G&W's bucket.

Getting it filled, as in, how do you bait them into filling your bucket? Against pit, I start with the bucket in the match, and anyone when given space, I use the chef. Theres little lag into canceling the chef into a bucket, and its an amazing trick to baiting them into using their laser.

Releasing the bucket on overly aggressive opponents is easiest, but maybe you can use the bucket if you predict where they'll go on a Dthrow.

Short answers are fine :D
To be honest with you, bucket has to be probably the least used move by me, but it ain't all my fault, my brother uses Sonic, and my only brawl competitive friend uses Ike and sometimes lucario. When I use my G&W watch against his Lucario, he tries to be unpredictable/spontanous, and tends to use his AuraBall when he thinks I least expect it. The truth is, he uses it evertime he is close to me and in a combo, but somehow I manage to bucket it most of the time ;). Once its full, its quite easy to kill him by grabbing him and throwing him down, followed by the full bucket, it's an easy kill... :chuckle:

:gw:

Neb

Smash Lord
To aid Escalator, I've done this occasionally, but its random. I like to combo the oil spill after freezing the foe with the judgment hammer [#8], plenty of time to release it. Not sure if anyone else has tried it, but it almost promises a hit, unlike the d-throw combination.

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
To aid Escalator, I've done this occasionally, but its random. I like to combo the oil spill after freezing the foe with the judgment hammer [#8], plenty of time to release it. Not sure if anyone else has tried it, but it almost promises a hit, unlike the d-throw combination.
Never thought about that actually. I might have to try that. The fire from a 6 also stuns a little bit, that might be able to be used as well.

Neb

Smash Lord
Yeah, possibly (tell me if it does). I say D-throw into Judge could be used sparingly, then if you freeze them, follow up with oil panic. This could probably lessen the chance of wasting your bucket if a foe DI's in another direction, and it also allows you to land your hammer most of the time.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
smashboards name- Steck
Nickname for WiFi: Steck
Brawl Code: in avatar area
Region: mid atlantic
AIM: Nope
Type of player: trying to become competitive

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
smashboards name: Fuzzamazoo
Nickname for WiFi: Leon
Brawl Code: 133273927086
Region: West
AIM: a11enhsia
Type of player: Super competitive, but someimtes casual

So... like what, we just post our stuff and we're in the clan?
Yep, that's basically how it works. Anyone can join!

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
If you want, you can be good buds with "For Whom The Bell Tolls" clan on Brawl Central.

^_^

Plus, my club is desperate for members and activity, so I'd thought I'd ask a fellow clan mainer.

napZzz

Smash Hero
smashboards name: -NaPPy
Nickname for WiFi: NaPPy
Brawl Code: 1805 1829 5733
Region: MID WEST!
AIM: say what boyy/teh fridge man

daytime, this thing is growing so fast you are a genius

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
smashboards name: -NaPPy
Nickname for WiFi: NaPPy
Brawl Code: 1805 1829 5733
Region: MID WEST!
AIM: say what boyy/teh fridge man

daytime, this thing is growing so fast you are a genius

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
Smashboards name: mr_kennedy44
Nickname for WiFi: Joel
Brawl Code: 4682-8220-0253
Region: I'm in Canada. I'm closest to the Northeast region though.
AIM: Don't use
Type of player: Competitive

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
Oh well....

I still hope to be an active member.

I saw some of the videos played by Hylian and Noj, they are like pros! wow.
I'll try to post some of my videos (somehow....) and would like some comments on how to improve.
Yea, there are alot of good GaW's. IF you want to post your videos, you'll need something like a capture card to put it on your computer.

EDIT: also, the reason you can't see your sig, im pretty sure, is because you haven't been a member long enough.

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering... Did you read the original post?
Just wondering... I did but then I forgot what it said. :p I don't like ditto matches btw.

EDIT: I'll join and post my info in a sec, but I can't have tags in my sig yet.

Smashboards name: What do you think?
Nickname for WiFi: Dude
Brawl Code: 3437 3018 0261
Region: South East
AIM: evilspamdude
Type of player: casual, trying to get into competitive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom