• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bowser boards are discussing Wario

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
According to Vex Kashrani its a 100-0 matchup since he can infinite cg and grab release to f smash at the end. I would think you could jump out of the air release cg lol

MrEh

Smash Hero
According to Vex Kashrani its a 100-0 matchup since he can infinite cg and grab release to f smash at the end. I would think you could jump out of the air release cg lol
Too bad Wario is hard to grab, and I mean really hard.

And you can't use your double jump out of the jump release. Bowser is apparently really tall. ><

MrEh

Smash Hero
Wut, you can infinite Wario? That's like D3 vs Boozer, 80-20 with Infinite, 40-60 without. Wario's just like that :/
It's not that simple.

The infinite with Bowser is much harder to time then Dedede's infinite. Plus, Bowser does not have a 20,000 ft grab range like Dedede.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
More like 0.25 blocks like Sonic? I can tell you, grabbing with Sonic is easy O_o. And for Bowser it can't be all that hard either, unless Wario is gonna be a fairy and fly around the stage all day.

MrEh

Smash Hero
More like 0.25 blocks like Sonic? I can tell you, grabbing with Sonic is easy O_o.
Bowser's grab is slower then Sonic's. He also suffers from being slow in general.

And for Bowser it can't be all that hard either, unless Wario is gonna be a fairy and fly around the stage all day
Have you ever fought Wario? He does fly around the stage!

ShoMakahari

Smash Rookie
The infinite doesn't seem all that hard to perform on Wario, I'd assume its in similar timing to D3's chaingrab...
There's this one bowser player that I've met occasionally in tournies and 0-death's me the moment I get grabbed
Its always grab hits -> desired percentage -> grab release -> upsmash

Of course, jumping around the stage like an orphan on crack helps to avoid getting grabbed in the first place, but the moment you get grabbed, you can't do anything as long as the bowser players ground releases you for free damage and air releases into an upsmash which kills around 90-100% fresh

Also, his fortress takes priority over most of Wario's air moves, I've been knocked away plenty from d-air to n-air approaches from a single up-b. up-b also kills later on if you've somehow managed to avoid getting grabbed and just been tacking on the damage.

I have little experience in this match-up, but its a nightmare in my opinion, only thing that wario has over bowser is bowser's big hitbox, which means neutral-b fiesta whenever bowser uses a laggy move, then keep bowser in the air with whatever you have, just as long as you dodge his over-b and just using neutral-b -> moves to keep him off the ground from grabbing you

MrEh

Smash Hero
Stop playing Brawl and go surf >: (
Haha! :p

I think we might have a very very slight advantage in this matchup, mostly b/c your up b is a BIIIIIITCH.
Yeah, the Fortress *****.

Of course, jumping around the stage like an orphan on crack helps to avoid getting grabbed in the first place, but the moment you get grabbed, you can't do anything as long as the bowser players ground releases you for free damage and air releases into an upsmash which kills around 90-100% fresh
If Wario's not in the air when he's fighting Bowser, he's doing it wrong. Just do whatever it takes to avoid the grab. If you can do that, it's not that bad.

I have little experience in this match-up, but its a nightmare in my opinion, only thing that wario has over bowser is bowser's big hitbox, which means neutral-b fiesta whenever bowser uses a laggy move, then keep bowser in the air with whatever you have, just as long as you dodge his over-b and just using neutral-b -> moves to keep him off the ground from grabbing you
Bowser utterly fails in the air. Just get him into the air and start juggling him like hell. :p

Ugg

Smash Champion
He says it like anyone can grab a Wario at will.
Ew, just realized how old this thread is, (don't know if that's too old or not) Sorry.

Top Bottom